BCspeed34
+6|6585
This morning I awoke to find a tempting topic at the side of the BF2S main page, I entered. The chance finally came that I would be able to play 2142 once and for all. Knowing the better of things, I knew it would be wisest to get the key first, I mean, why download without a key? So I fill out all the nessecary information, left my name and e-mail, and it took me to a dreaded "ENTER THIS TEXT TO PROCEED, THIS IS USED TO STOP AUTO DOWNLOADS OF KEYS". I have a look, and it reads INVALID CODE. I breifly read the description and it says include no spaces, or any "Game Spy Guys" in the text. The logo was smack dab inbetween INVALID and CODE, so I typed in INVALIDCODE. I try 5 more times and just quit it flat out.

I come back later to try again only to see the BETA was closed, and I still was able to get to the page with my history on Firefox, but it still gave me the same message. And this time it said to seek tech help and close all firewall and pop-up blockers. The tech help page had at least 10 different links leading to all different things irrelevant to this case.

What a great day

EDIT: I am at the "You have been accepted into the Battlefield 2142 beta" page right now, but I can only access it in Firefox, any ideas what to do?

Last edited by BCspeed34 (2006-08-31 17:20:50)

LT.Victim
+1,175|6588|British Columbia, Canada
Haha.. If you want you can have my BETA Key...

NOT
scottomus0
Teh forum ghey!
+172|6663|Wigan. Manchester. England.
Alls i can say is unlucky dude.

I got my key today around 6 i think. Sumert like that. Installed it 20 minutes ago
BobSacamento
+5|6639
Did you use Firefox?  If you read the second paragraph, it said something about if the code read INVALIDCODE, to look at pop-up blockers, etc.  I just went into Internet Explorer after I kept getting INVALIDCODE and it showed up then.
BCspeed34
+6|6585
Yeah, but by the time I got back, it had already closed, and I couldn't access the page from IE, it would just keep saying closed, unlike in Firefox.
BobSacamento
+5|6639
Your Firefox might not say it's closed because you're looking at the cache.  If you hold ctrl and hit the refresh button it will load the page again.
Sorry, but I don't know what you can do.  I would suggest going into BF2 and click on the open button of the BF2142 ad that is in the menu.  I think EA is giving away some keys from that too.
BCspeed34
+6|6585
Yeah, I got to it in IE, didn't work.

Oh well, hopefully someone will host another giveaway soon.
Jbrar
rawr
+86|6567|Winterpeg, Canada
you're not missing anything, the beta crashes whenever it fucking feels like it
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6494
wierd, I got FF and I got my code fine, I have it with PUB on too.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard