ChiefCrash
Spawns in front of rockets and bullets
+4|6745
of course, tear gas doesn't make your vision all screwed up.  unless you're one of the few that starts hyperventalating and begins to pass out...

but tear gas sucks.  hard.  and the best part?  it sticks to your clothes, so when you take of your shirt, you get hit again...
dshak
+4|6815
I haven't noticed an endurance difference, not disputing it is there, but seriously, haven't noticed it. also, when the white smoke goes off I've had no problems AT ALL putting my mask on before I'm effected by the gas.

peripheral vision I grant, though I really haven't had much trouble fighting with it on, you still have an awefully big view of the world.

Darth Vader sound... I enjoy it... nothing better than blasting someone from behind, then standing over their dead body looking down at them and breathing like Vadar.

Obviously I have this opinion because I've had no problem dealing with gassers to this point. most of the time I'm grateful they're doing it instead of shooting me witha  weapon that actually causes damage.

Last edited by dshak (2005-12-01 17:16:46)

beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6788

ChiefCrash wrote:

of course, tear gas doesn't make your vision all screwed up.  unless you're one of the few that starts hyperventalating and begins to pass out...

but tear gas sucks.  hard.  and the best part?  it sticks to your clothes, so when you take of your shirt, you get hit again...
uhm you ever been gassed? it stings like fuck and your eyes start watering constantly... which makes it worse as the gas reacts to water
teargas goes good with chili though.

@sgt.ghost yea well, i duno how they do it there... you should get it though as you're part of NATO :p

Last edited by beeng (2005-12-01 19:43:51)

SokViChet
+1|6790
I hadnt even tried the tear gas until I read this thread.  Last night was likely the most fun I have had in a long while playing BF2.  I was playin [airport map] and was hiding in the upper section of the cargo plane, providing a tear gas wall that covered up my grenade defense.  I managed to hold that cargo plane for almost the entire round, and when they managed to make it into the plane... Phew... not a good place they were in I tell ya.  It was a grenade / teargas orgy.
R1Armadillo
+0|6733
Tear gas ROCKS! Unless you're actually exposed to it. And yes they make you run around and do all kinds of work outs in your gas mask, not to mention full chemical gear. Especially in boot when your squad/platoon screws up and pisses the drill sergeant off. MMMMM CS gas...
Witnessed more then a few people puking after the gas chamber class. GOOD STUFF
SunTzu
Playdough! Nope C4...
+6|6724|Toronto, ON, CAN
Worked in an automotive plant, in a department where the inject foam in the pillars to dampen road noise....  needless to say, wearing a repel helmet for 8 hours straight is not fun... your face starts to get itchy from the moisture your breathing out.
Not to mention the fact that we look like a bunch of bugs, spraying foam into cars...  I am just glad we never had a fire in there... the tank they provide you only has 5 min of air in it... You can't get very far on only 5 min of Air...
Still haven gotten the feel for the Support rifle.... and you can't protect with teargas alone...
pfcilng
+0|6768|Northern Illinois University

beeng wrote:

Sgt.Gh0st wrote:

beeng wrote:

you can't run as far
your endurance goes way down.
seriously, try it.
Wich would make sense, I tried running around my school with my gas mask on, didnt came very far. That thing is killer!
wait till you go running around doing pushups and obstacle courses with it on ;D
Nothing like running up a hill in full MOPP gear and then having to react to an enemy assault.
Makes those six hours troubleshooting circuits in the suit seem like a walk in the park.
pfcilng
+0|6768|Northern Illinois University

Sgt.Gh0st wrote:

beeng wrote:

Sgt.Gh0st wrote:

Wich would make sense, I tried running around my school with my gas mask on, didnt came very far. That thing is killer!
wait till you go running around doing pushups and obstacle courses with it on ;D
Thats sounds like hell man =/
You really have to do those sorts of things in the army?
Because I'm thinking of joining the army when I hit 17.
Besides I got astma so that doesnt help much..
I wouldnt get my hopes up of joining thr Army with Ashtma.  That will usually make you disqualified on the spot for enlisting.
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6784|The Hague, Holland

pfcilng wrote:

Sgt.Gh0st wrote:

beeng wrote:

Thats sounds like hell man =/
You really have to do those sorts of things in the army?
Because I'm thinking of joining the army when I hit 17.
Besides I got astma so that doesnt help much..
I wouldnt get my hopes up of joining thr Army with Ashtma.  That will usually make you disqualified on the spot for enlisting.
Yeh I thought about that.
Dont they have like some Office jobs at the army wich you do not have to be in tip-top shape?
Something with paper-work I suppose ?
SunTzu
Playdough! Nope C4...
+6|6724|Toronto, ON, CAN

Sgt.Gh0st wrote:

pfcilng wrote:

Yeh I thought about that.
Dont they have like some Office jobs at the army wich you do not have to be in tip-top shape?
Something with paper-work I suppose ?
In the US, don't they call that joining the Navy?
There are great medications being tested for Asthma... my wife took one for acute asthma, and she can now run for over an hour without breathing problems (besides the running for an hour tired type that is)
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6788

R1Armadillo wrote:

Tear gas ROCKS! Unless you're actually exposed to it. And yes they make you run around and do all kinds of work outs in your gas mask, not to mention full chemical gear. Especially in boot when your squad/platoon screws up and pisses the drill sergeant off. MMMMM CS gas...
Witnessed more then a few people puking after the gas chamber class. GOOD STUFF
yea, funny thing is the CS gas they use in the gas chambers is weak compared to that in the grenades ;D
ChiefCrash
Spawns in front of rockets and bullets
+4|6745

beeng wrote:

ChiefCrash wrote:

uhm you ever been gassed? it stings like fuck and your eyes start watering constantly... which makes it worse as the gas reacts to water
teargas goes good with chili though.

@sgt.ghost yea well, i duno how they do it there... you should get it though as you're part of NATO :p
i have been gassed.  it stings your eyes like a mother, makes them water, but it didn't make it look like some sort of acid trip.  made you REALLY want to close your eyes, but no trippy swirliness...

did you ever get to play with lipstick rounds?
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6788

ChiefCrash wrote:

i have been gassed.  it stings your eyes like a mother, makes them water, but it didn't make it look like some sort of acid trip.  made you REALLY want to close your eyes, but no trippy swirliness...

did you ever get to play with lipstick rounds?
Oh, totally agree on the acid trip thing... It always reminds me of a night of hard drinking and you're trying to walk home haha ;D
I'm unfamiliar with 'lipstick rounds'... whats it really called?
PF-Reign of Lead
+0|6672|Vermont
Tear gas work good and is very versital.  I use it to fool tanks and apcs with the smoke screen effect.  I use gas on infantry all the time and get many kills as they stare in wonder at all the pretty colors.
Sunday8PM
+1|6843|EU
When I first played SF I thought it was going to be overused but now I rarely see anyone use it! I've always got my gas mask on anyway cos it doesn't reduce sight that much and just in case sometime someone will use it
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6707|Antarctica
Tear gas is great for killing dolphin divers
s()mt!ngWong
+1|6695
I'm laughin at how many people think its a good strategy to take a flag and put the mask on, i mean its a dead give away showing the enemy that hay im here taking your flag throw a nade at me.
Princess_Frosty
+0|6686
Unless the gas lands directly at my feet i can usualy press the gas mask key to wear it before it effects me.

Its got a few uses but I only ever fire it from cover, the rest of the time you need a gun in your hands.
R.Rabshaw
+1|6681
*too
Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6735|Singapore
flashbangs are cheap. There was once i was blinded in a chopper and i crashed somewhere cause i didnt know where i went.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard