Tunacommy
+56|6652|Massachusetts, USA
So, I d/l POE last night....run the .exe, plug in the password, it installs like silk.  I jump on a server, everything is cool....Played one game and got the old 'connection to server lost' the standard 1.3 bs....

But - when I try to get out and get back in all I get is a blank black screen.....

So I close BF2, and doulble click the POE icon on my desktop and it won't load - just get a black screen.....

So now I try vanilla BF2 and now that is also not working - black screen......

Tried rebooting the computer and the same thing.  Tried running a complete virus scan....nothing.

Should I uninstall POE and try again?  Or has this happened to anyone else?  Thanks.
Mr.Unstoppable
+26|6499|New York!
unfortunately for you, once this happens there is no fixing it.  your screwed.
Tunacommy
?? can you elaborate....or is this an attempt at sarcasim?
Gremlin
+7|6713
You might have to uninstall BF2 and install it again.
Tunacommy
uggg....hoping not.....had a problem with the patches last time i did that.....had to "build up" to 1.3.
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6737|Antarctica

Tunacommy wrote:

uggg....hoping not.....had a problem with the patches last time i did that.....had to "build up" to 1.3.
Thats prob why you got it then..... installing the full 1.3 is much safer than incremental patching.  I had this happen once but a reinstall fixed it.
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6800|Human Meat Shield
Roger Veng, never download the incremental.
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6685
Tried renaming the Battlefield 2 folder in My Documents and see if a clear cache and default settings help with the problem?
Tunacommy

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

Tunacommy wrote:

Thats prob why you got it then..... installing the full 1.3 is much safer than incremental patching.  I had this happen once but a reinstall fixed it.
I will give it a go.....thanks....
Tunacommy

UnOriginalNuttah wrote:

Tried renaming the Battlefield 2 folder in My Documents and see if a clear cache and default settings help with the problem?
not exactly sure how to do that.....but if re-install fails....i will get more details from you!  thanks

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard