Unleashed2k
//kk thx.
+17|6732
Hi Guys,
First I want to say thank you for all the feedback and hard work from all the players be you lone wolf, clan player, exploiter, or stat padder.

We really appreciate it and everything you have provided has really helped us with our development. We have put together an updated version for you guys to check out.

We will also be extending the Beta till the 12th of September. Also the beta will be opened up to general access.

As I mentioned earlier I will be taking the original polls down and re-posting them so we can get fresh data. Please take the time to post into the fresh polls. I have been gathering the data and comments so your feedback will not be lost.

You will not need a new key for the new version. As long as you do not reformat your system or wipe your OS you can uninstall the old beta and install the new without any need for reverification.

I am also working on a mass solution to all the other key issues that should allow all those experiencing problems to get in on this new (and in our humble opinion much improved) version.

Also there are two issues which are in this build that do not need to be reported. We are aware of them and have already begun working on solutions:

- Titans blow up for no reason - Although fun when it happens this can throw a round slightly out of wack. To get the round to end destroy the faulty titan by the normal means. The server admin can also force the next round for a faster solution

- Chat text is doubled. This applies only to player entered chat text. It will appear twice for other players but only once for the player typing the message.
I know the road has been a little rocky but for our first real secure beta attempt we are pleased with everyones contribution. It has been a major learning exeperience for us and we appreciate you all being along with us during it.

Be sure to friend me in game so I can find you and get your tags before the Beta is over!

-Colin AKA [DICE]B15H09

PS - Just got a confirmation that the solution for everyone experiencing key issues (that were not related to hardware or software conflicts) has been put into motion. Expect it to take effect in roughly 8 hours from this post. For hardware key issues I will try to follow up with those PMs as quickly as I can.
EDIT - To Clarify. The installer for the new beta version will still require a key. However Gamespy/IGN are going to take their last 12 thousand keys and give them away to players regardless of subscription status. Check out their site for updates on how to get your friends a key. EA/DICE is also going to be giving away 10-11 thousand extra keys to players through various means.

Last edited by Unleashed2k (2006-08-31 08:27:19)

CaptainKris
+54|6446|Safety Harbor, Florida
So is open beta August 31st or do we have to wait until September 31st? I mean 13 days for open beta doesn't seem like enough...

Captain "Praying for August" Kris
Sgt.Gene
+215|6733
Sounds like August to me, it says it will be extended to the 12th of September and will be open for general access.
majorassult
I <3 ak101
+307|6632|under there hayousaidunderwear

CaptainKris wrote:

So is open beta August 31st or do we have to wait until September 31st? I mean 13 days for open beta doesn't seem like enough...

Captain "Praying for August" Kris
SoldierJAW
+2|6598
dude this should be closed and deleted this in the official beta forms u in violation of the NDA
CaptainKris

SoldierJAW wrote:

dude this should be closed and deleted this in the official beta forms u in violation of the NDA
Frankly dude, if the open beta comes out in less than 2 days now... I don't think they really care.

Captain "But I care" Kris

CaptainKris wrote:

SoldierJAW wrote:

Frankly dude, if the open beta comes out in less than 2 days now... I don't think they really care.

I can't wait either!! I'm going to infantry whore it to hell.

The "Canadian" Terrorist.

:p
CaptainKris

TheCanadianTerrorist wrote:

CaptainKris wrote:

SoldierJAW wrote:

Lmao dude thats exactly what I'm planning to do. (With the exception of those awesome looking APCs that launch drop pods 300 feet into the air .) I say screw the small infintry maps, I want to fight on that big, flying, moving target. I'm so gonna own with the Baur, or the Voss L-AR.

Captain "Future 2142 Drop Pod Whore" Kris

Last edited by CaptainKris (2006-08-30 18:54:56)

Frytrixa
+10|6596|Germany
The Beat Forums will explode after this goes public hehe
majorassult
I <3 ak101

CaptainKris wrote:

CaptainKris wrote:

Lmao dude thats exactly what I'm planning to do. (With the exception of those awesome looking APCs that launch drop pods 300 feet into the air .) I say screw the small infintry maps, I want to fight on that big, flying, moving target. I'm so gonna own with the Baur, or the Voss L-AR.

Kris you know I will own you when I am not on your team....
CaptainKris

majorassult wrote:

CaptainKris wrote:

PSSSSHHTTT. Dude I was freaking lagging on my own server a couple of nights back and I was still owning your ass in points. All be it, you had more kills, but who had the better K/D ratio??? Think whatever you want to think major. But remember, you don't want to wrath of the Captain coming down on your ass.

Captain "We're still buddies right?" Kris
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3
+369|6799|Denver colorado

CaptainKris wrote:

majorassult wrote:

CaptainKris wrote:

PSSSSHHTTT. Dude I was freaking lagging on my own server a couple of nights back and I was still owning your ass in points. All be it, you had more kills, but who had the better K/D ratio??? Think whatever you want to think major. But remember, you don't want to wrath of the Captain coming down on your ass.

captain "is like totally awesomely funny" kris
CaptainKris

lavadisk wrote:

CaptainKris wrote:

majorassult wrote:

captain "is like totally awesomely funny" kris
See major??? I have my own fan club. Lmao thanks lava, +1 coming your way . But major I don't see your fan club...

Captain "Now I need 2 more people and I'll be a hit!!!" Kris
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3
+369|6799|Denver colorado
cool, well lets see if the beta comes out tomorrow.. that'd be cool but i can wait because i have the game preordered and everything.
CaptainKris

lavadisk wrote:

cool, well lets see if the beta comes out tomorrow.. that'd be cool but i can wait because i have the game preordered and everything.
Holy crap!!! I thought today was the freaking 29th. Ah crap I'll have to get dad to DL it when I'm at school. Dude I'm going to be crapping in my pants throughout the whole day.

Captain "Maybe I should bring some toilet paper?" Kris
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6560|Your attic
Btw, what's your 2142 name kris, just need to check something.
CaptainKris
I don't have 2142 yet, but I used the veteran program and my name is CaptainKris, so yeah you shouldn't have my dogtags.

Captain "Nobody will get my tags" Kris

Last edited by CaptainKris (2006-08-30 19:56:50)

majorassult
I <3 ak101

CaptainKris wrote:

majorassult wrote:

CaptainKris wrote:

well I beat you in a few rounds (I think)

major "yes we are still friends and if the beta doesnt come out tomorrow kris will losse his whole fanclub to me" assult

Last edited by majorassult (2006-08-30 19:58:29)

CaptainKris

majorassult wrote:

CaptainKris wrote:

majorassult wrote:

well I beat you in a few rounds (I think)

major "yes we are still friends and if the beta doesnt come out tomorrow kris will losse his whole fanclub to me" assult
LMAO! I got all the gold medals that night (even though there were two rounds so I got two golds). My fan(s) are forever faithful!!!!!!

Captain "Meh, 1066 Gold Medals " Kris

PS Heading to bed, so would be able to post!!!

Last edited by CaptainKris (2006-08-30 20:03:09)

majorassult
I <3 ak101
oh I thought I beat you in atleast one match....mabye that was just your clan members....

edit: and does anyone have any confirmation of this topic?

Last edited by majorassult (2006-08-30 20:07:10)

Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6659|Tampa Bay Florida
WTF, majorassault and capt'n kris, don't end it like this.  It hasn't even begun

Last edited by Spearhead (2006-08-30 20:09:19)

majorassult
I <3 ak101
Ha no worries we aren't fighting....just arguing in a mature matter about who is better at a video game
frankie123
+4|6484
spearhead is just tryin to stir some shit up lmao
majorassult
I <3 ak101

frankie123 wrote:

spearhead is just tryin to stir some shit up lmao
No he's not...he is part of our 2142 squad.
gameaddict
+35|6650|let op drempels
omg its freaking over 5:00 AM here but i dont care i'm so hyped if the open beta will be released today.

EDIT:to keep the thing going.

game ''damn i'm in the mood for pie'' addict

Last edited by gameaddict (2006-08-30 20:23:16)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard