wingraider
+0|6467
Hey,

I've recently installed Battlefield 2 and been trying to play on ranked servers. I did a search and got a list of ranked servers in red that I couldn't join (it said it had a problem with my connection). When I ticked the filter saying 'same version only', no ranked servers showed up. So I downloaded and installed the v1.3 patch and now when I try to open BF2 it comes up with a VC++ library runtime error. Any ideas?
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6614|Seattle

uninstall-->reinstall-->repatch?
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
bedolf57
+20|6731|Metz, France

King_County_Downy wrote:

uninstall-->reinstall-->repatch?
wingraider
+0|6467
I've uninstalled, reinstalled and re-patched and it still comes up with the runtime error.
dubbs
+105|6649|Lexington, KY
Uninstall --> Reboot --> Reinstall --> Repatch
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6709|Calgary
what operating system?
wingraider
+0|6467
Tried that too. It asked me to reboot after uninstalling anyway. Any other ideas?
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6709|Calgary
if its windows you might be missing something, I had this happen to me a while back.
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6709|Calgary
try typing the runtime error  message into a search engine (google) , you should be able to find out whats missing.
mattdavis1989
Sie aller Geruch
+6|6533
you could try checking for viruses on your pc, people who have had similar problems have found viruses and once they had been removed the problem was fixed, it's worth a try
wingraider
+0|6467
I've tried searching for it in google and couldn't find anything directly related to runtime errors with BF2. I check for virus's daily so i'm not sure if this is the problem. I've also tried to download some of the VC++ libraries from the microsoft page but still no luck.
wingraider
+0|6467
I downloaded the no-cd patch so I didn't have to use the DVD all the time. Do you think this could be the problem?
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6709|Calgary

wingraider wrote:

I downloaded the no-cd patch so I didn't have to use the DVD all the time. Do you think this could be the problem?
yes, get rid of it.
Breez
AKA: badhq
+937|6649|Derby, England

Run the game in windows mode, take a screen shot of the error message and post back here.

Peace Boris
wingraider
+0|6467
Here's the error:

[img]C:\BF2_Error.bmp[/img]
wingraider
+0|6467
It says:

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6614|Seattle

http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/ … 49720.aspx

Make sure your have administrative rights on your computer, then use subinacl to reset your registry permissions. Be sure to run the reset.cmd  (from a comand prompt)

Then uninstall-->reinstall-->repatch.

I'll give you 1 karma per day for 5 days if this doesn't work.
wingraider
+0|6467
I removed the no-dvd patch and am using the DVD again. Now when I try to load BF2, it loads the BF2 logo screen, then goes black for a few seconds then returns to desktop. I've read a few articles about how to fix this problem but none of them seem to work. Any ideas?
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6614|Seattle

wingraider wrote:

I removed the no-dvd patch and am using the DVD again. Now when I try to load BF2, it loads the BF2 logo screen, then goes black for a few seconds then returns to desktop. I've read a few articles about how to fix this problem but none of them seem to work. Any ideas?
Shaders are broken? Try deleting your profiles from "My Docs"-->"BF2 folder" so it recreates them.
wingraider
+0|6467
Everything fixed. Thanks all for the help.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard