AGoetzy
+0|6642
Yes this game is seperate you can play both this and vBF2/SF switching back and forth.

Only problem with this game is no one spots for artillery, and I consider this to be just a result of this being a mod for a game like BF2 and not a UT2K4 mod or RO mod. I havn't played BF2 in a LONG time, both because of the game and the community. It's worse than CSS IMHO. This game made me whip out my BF2 disc and get ready to put the BF2 engine to good use. Everyone should check out this mod, unless your one of those BF2 whores who doesn't care about teamwork or helping anyone else out except for points, because you won't help anyone in this game because points don't matter in this game. We need people who will spot for arty and be medics because of teamwork and for fun, not just to get points.

My rant...
tahadar
Sniper!!
+183|6740|Pakistan/England

Doggehspike wrote:

Yeah it is good, but it's hard for me to find a server with a good ping.
where do you live? or do you just have a shitty net connection?

ryan_14 wrote:

One question:

Is it like a sperate game, or anytime I wanna play BF2, POE comes up?

Can I switch between BF2 and POE?
all mods are basically different games, which you must quit in order to switch to regular bf2. on my pc, POE and BF2 have separate shortcuts, which is prob the same for most other people because the shortcut was made automaticly during installation

Last edited by tahadar (2006-08-29 23:38:19)

=|A mere Shadow|=
The Anarchist
+121|6627|Britain and Damn proud of it!

liquidat0r wrote:

stryyker wrote:

no shit.
hordi74
+16|6466|Capital City of Nds, Germany

CommieChipmunk wrote:

462nd NSP653 wrote:

I've played for about 10 hours now and all I can say is 'wow'!  This is just a phenomenal mod.  If you don't have it yet....why the hell not!  Go now, you must DL it!

Very stable...cinematics are awesome...environments are VERY immersive...just overall one of the best mod experiences I've ever had.  To echo others' comments, you can tell they spent a year on details.

The number of servers is growing daily so keep trying.

Also, prepare to die.... a lot.  Weapons pack a punch.... armor and air do NOT rule the day... and if you want infantry only, try a map called Fallen...and be prepared to flinch and shoot every moving bush or tree...just a great, intense map.

PoE group... my hat's off, it was well worth the wait.
fallen is amazing. It was the first map i played and i couldnt believe it. truly an entirely different game.
love it as well. just pick up the mg3 and rock the world.
i love the sound. in another thread someone said he would give the sound a 13 on a scale from 1-10. make it a 14!!

Last edited by hordi74 (2006-08-30 00:21:24)

Ryker
+13|6505
I gotta get this, unfortunatly for EA if it is a popular as people say 2142 will be drownded by it which would be funny. If it becme ranked then I think everyone would have it, I need to find a afternoon where I can install it cause it takes hours for me to install any mod.
airborne916
+24|6666
pretty good mod, i looks. I would of paid the 50 for it, to bad its not ranked.

Last edited by airborne916 (2006-08-30 08:44:09)

Burning_Monkey
Moving Target
+108|6839

airborne916 wrote:

pretty good mod, i looks. I would of paid the 50 for it, to bad its not ranked.
The PoE boys are working on a rank patch as well as some other stuff.

I would have paid the $100 for this that I paid EA in BF2, BF2:SF, AF, and EF.  This is the best thing a FPS gamer can have next to free blowjobs.
Ryan
+1,230|6844|Alberta, Canada

HaywoodJablowme wrote:

ryan_14 wrote:

One question:

Yeah it's like a separate game, it installs it's own icon on your desktop so you can play either. 

And yeah the mod needs it's own section, it rocks..
So is it on the same graphics engine as BF2? I don't wanna download it and figure out that even when I have everything on low settings that it lag's like hell.

I might just download it when I get a new computer.
HaywoodJablowme
Baltimore Blowfish
+46|6581

ryan_14 wrote:

HaywoodJablowme wrote:

ryan_14 wrote:

One question:

Yeah it's like a separate game, it installs it's own icon on your desktop so you can play either. 

And yeah the mod needs it's own section, it rocks..
So is it on the same graphics engine as BF2? I don't wanna download it and figure out that even when I have everything on low settings that it lag's like hell.

I might just download it when I get a new computer.
Yeah it has to be, it's a mod of the game.  Just download it, you'll run it fine if you run bf2 fine and you won't be disappointed.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard