JE3146
+109|6588|Oregon

ShotYourSix wrote:

My 2 current favorites are:

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale

Newcastle Brown Ale

Still can't beat my own homebrewed Spanish Red Ale or my Toadspit Stout though.  I've got a 14 gallon carboy that I try to keep in the rotation.  Anybody else here homebrew?
I would if I had the room. My apartment kind of lacks for space. Fortunately I have the room for a nice mid sized fridge that stocks all my good brews. Soon as I buy a house I'll end up having a cooler with a keg or two on tap and most likely homebrew.

Do tell about that Toadspit Stout though lol...
FI-SCOTTY
+16|6713|Scotland
Although as a Scot it pains me to say it but this English beer is the business.
It has a lovely consistency, and is a Beer to be savoured of a dark winters night.
One two or three per night only.
Its dark and intense,not a stout, but not an Ale either.

If you can get hold of some please try it.

https://images.google.co.uk/images?q=tbn:q4NdutM1eINejM:https://www.iwcam.gothere.uk.com/ldcam/2001Walks/LakelandInns/SneckPumpclip.jpg
MorbidFetus
+76|6568|Ohio

JE3146 wrote:

My personal favorite is Rogue Hazlenut Brown Nectar.

EDIT:: Prolly shoulda clarified Microbrews, rather than just the more vague term "beer".
The only thing I can get down with is Dead Guy. If you're ever up in Seattle/Capitol Hill look up some monk bar where they serve real strong point stuff in a wine glass (Stumbling Monk?). A quick list of my favs:

Skullsplitter (I guess it kinda tastes like Deadguy...only a lot better/stronger)
Salvator Double Bock (best double bock I've tasted)
Warsteiner Dunkel (Best beer when I can get it)
Sunshine Wheat Ale (My favorite beer. Too bad I can't get it this side of Mississippi...)
Paulaner Premium Pilsner (best pilsner I ever had)
Tanner Jack Brown Ale (better than Newcastle)
Yuengling Traditional Lager (Good lager from America's oldest brewery. Really hard to get.)

Occasionals:

Saranac/Mississippi Mud (Not as good as Guinness@Bass/Harp/etc. but Mud has cool bottle)
Workhorse Wheat Ale (Crisp)
Lev Lion Pale (Double Bock??)
Sam Adams Cherry Wheat (If you like cherries...)

Well I'm pretty much a fan of any ale (wheat, pale, cream....) and dark lager. I usually pick up a new sixer everytime I go to the beer store for experimentation. I usually stick to Warsteiner dark though when I can find it. Paulaner and Spaten haven't ever let me down btw.

*Check out mylifeisbeer.com when it's back up

Last edited by MorbidFetus (2006-08-30 02:13:04)

JimmyBotswana
+82|6603|Montreal
I agree when I was in London I had many pints of many bitters and I must say they were all some of the most delicious stuff I ever drank.
JE3146
+109|6588|Oregon

FI-SCOTTY wrote:

Although as a Scot it pains me to say it but this English beer is the business.
It has a lovely consistency, and is a Beer to be savoured of a dark winters night.
One two or three per night only.
Its dark and intense,not a stout, but not an Ale either.

If you can get hold of some please try it.

http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=tbn … mpclip.jpg
Oddly enough, I remember looking at that label tonight. I'll definately check out a bottle.
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6491|6 6 4 oh, I forget

If you get your hands on Finnish beer have a try on KOFF and Karhu. They're from the same brewery called Sinebrychoff. But whatever you do, DO NOT, NO NO NO NO NO, don't drink Karjala. It's pure piss in a glass shell wether it is the normal piss or the export nitro-piss which is pure hell.

KOFF (4,5%) has won the price of best lager a couple times. Don't remember if it was a global or a European contest.
Karhu is a tiny bit stronger (4,6%) but also an excellent beer.
Then there is Lapin Kulta that is, well... beer. Pretty decent but I don't get any special kicks from it.
Olvi goes with the same category as Lapin Kulta.

On cruises and in liquor stores they sell Export versions (IVA) of all of these which are stronger (5,2% - 5,3%) and then theres extra strong (IVB) (7,2% - 8%) but I myself don't like the extra ones because they don't have a good taste anymore.

Pilsner Urquell is a wonderful beer but in order to get the best of it you need to get it straight from a barrel delivered directly from the brewery, so go to Prague for that one. Trust me it's worth it
JE3146
+109|6588|Oregon

MorbidFetus wrote:

JE3146 wrote:

My personal favorite is Rogue Hazlenut Brown Nectar.

EDIT:: Prolly shoulda clarified Microbrews, rather than just the more vague term "beer".
The only thing I can get down with is Dead Guy. If you're ever up in Seattle/Capitol Hill look up some monk bar where they serve real strong point stuff in a wine glass (Stumbling Monk?). A quick list of my favs:

Skullsplitter (I guess it kinda tastes like Deadguy...only a lot better/stronger)
Salvator Double Bock (best double bock I've tasted)
Warsteiner Dunkel (Best beer when I can get it)
Sunshine Wheat Ale (My favorite beer. Too bad I can't get it this side of Mississippi...)
Paulaner Premium Pilsner (best pilsner I ever had)
Tanner Jack Brown Ale (better than Newcastle)
Yuengling (Good lager from America's oldest brewery. Really hard to get.)

Occasionals:

Saranac/Mississippi Mud (Not as good as Guinness@Bass/Harp/etc. but Mud has cool bottle)
Workhorse Wheat Ale (Crisp)
Lev Lion Pale (Double Bock??)
Sam Adams Cherry Wheat (If you like cherries...)

Well I'm pretty much a fan of any ale (wheat, pale, cream....) and dark lager. I usually pick up a new sixer everytime I go to the beer store for experimentation. I usually stick to Warsteiner dark though when I can find it.
Dead Guy is definately good.

Was made by the same brewer(Chris Studach). Chris is definately good at what he does. I've known his brother all my life.

Thanks for the list.

Last edited by JE3146 (2006-08-30 02:12:24)

senor_fulff
+25|6777|Yorkshire, UK.
Staropramen, Pilsner Urquell, Budvar (the original good Czech one not the sh1te American One), Becks, Black Sheep, Timothy Taylors.... Generally most German or Czech beer is better than anything else.
BTW Stella is called Wife Beater in UK cos of it's chemically-ish taste tends to lead those who drink it to go home and beat up the wife!
Cammc
+3|6768
The entire Emersons range. Dunedin, New Zealand. Not sure if they're exporting. By far the best beer I've ever experienced.

http://www.emersons.co.nz/

The Bookbinder and Pilsner are my personal favourites

Last edited by Cammc (2006-08-30 02:21:15)

MorbidFetus
+76|6568|Ohio

JE3146 wrote:

Do they sell it by the bottle? or is it strictly draft and canned?
Yes, Guinness Draught comes in bottles while I've only seen Extra Stout in bottles exclusively. I will NOT buy the stuff in the can.

http://www.prike.ee/web_image_show2.php?image_id=103 (bottled chocolate)
MorbidFetus
+76|6568|Ohio
God I want to go to Ireland and Germany now...

You German fucks better appreciate Oktoberfest!!!!!!! The German-American Festival I went to last weekend had fucking BUDWEISER!!!!! (and like 3 kinds of Spaten, that's it!! Fucking BUD!!!!)
DancinHomer
Gaming While Intoxicated
+27|6644|UK
I know it's already been mentioned, but Tiger beer from Singapore has to be one of the best beers out there IMO.
A very smooth taste and not too strong (about 5%). Very hard to find on draught but thats probably an advantage as they seem to concentrate on perfecting the bottled/canned product.
You should be able to find it in your local Chinese supermarket if you have one. Good Luck
MorbidFetus
+76|6568|Ohio
DancinHomer
Gaming While Intoxicated
+27|6644|UK

MorbidFetus wrote:

Anheuser-Busch To Unleash Tiger Beer In United States wtf??

How does Sapporo compare?
Personally I prefer Tiger, but give them both a try!
Knight`UK
Lollerstorycarpark
+371|6597|England

trevoraj wrote:

If you like bitters:

London Pride (Fullers - actually any bottle by them!) www.fullers.co.uk
Anything from the Badger Brewery particularly tanglefoot and golden glory www.badgerbrewery.com

many more English bottled beers I could recommend. NEVER BUY BEER IN CANS
Dont forget

Bass  http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/drinks/bass-ale/

Doombar http://www.doombar.com/

to of my fav real ale's
velocitychaos
+26|6513|Brisbane Australia
Look no further, the worlds most awesome beer, allegedly brewed in an abbey by monks with nothing better to do with their time.
Look here http://www.internationalbeershop.com.au … duct_id=43
-CARNIFEX-[LOC]
Da Blooze
+111|6671
Warsteiner, Paulaner, Blue Moon

Guinness, Sam Adam's Cream Stout, Fat Tire

If you dislike any of these beers you should make sure you don't forget to grab your purse on the way out of this thread.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/12516/Bitch%20Hunter%20Sig.jpg
sagexp
+16|6571
You don’t want to sample them all? Pussy get to your off licence and start trying them out. Asking for good beer advice on a gaming website isn’t the best way to go about it. You have to experiment, I have been sampling many's a tipple over the last decade and it’s the best most fun way to go about it.

Remembering what the beer the next day is a hazhard but that’s all part of the learning curve
Fosterthelegend
:)
+97|6632|Kent, UK
well i would say fosters.....obviously....... but really shepherd neame's masterbrew...real ale
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6799

Carlsberg...probably the best beer in the world...
']['error
Banned
+630|6661|The Netherlands

Buffnuggles wrote:

Some good beers from Holland:

Heineken, Amstel, Grolsch, Hertog Jan
i prefer amstel

when we go on holiday to czech republic we always get ourselfs "Gambrinus", that is also good beer.
TheDarkRaven
ATG's First Disciple
+263|6641|Birmingham, UK

loonitic wrote:

Kronenberg Chilled - mmm...
Stella  - If your a hardcore drinker.
You call Stella HARDCORE?
What the hell are you on?...oh, that's right, Stella.
Not to be rude or anything but that's a terrible choice.
I'm only 14 (scoff no wif you must) but I know some stuff.

Some tips for anyone wanting good traditional (the best) beer:

1. Come to England.
2. Go to the country (by this, Americans and possibly others, I mean the countryside - you are already in the country, fools, unless there's been another bomb-scare. That reminds me...)
3. Find a nice country pub.
4. Drink all of the local ales etc.
5. Return to step 3 with a different pub in another part of the country. Wash and repeat.
hayesjam
+4|6538|outside your window

fat razza-fosterthelegend wrote:

well i would say fosters.....obviously....... but really shepherd neame's masterbrew...real ale
Ive heard fosters is not bad over in england, but its the complete opposite over here (australia), ironic because it comes from australia. At my local bottle-o anything from europe is great, anything from america is crap and if you are looking for basic aussie stubbies you cant go past carlton draught (dont go near XXXX or tooheys new). just my opinion
Glazing
+0|6761|The couch

superfly_cox wrote:

Carlsberg...probably the best beer in the world...
I'l second that! allthough Tuborg is just a bit better!
Try there masterbrew to remove the fur off your teeth!
{uscm}Jyden
You likey leaky?
+433|6696|In You Endo- Stoke
^^ LOL i am austrailian and me and my family live here.
My dad is a proper aussie but hates lager.Anything for Fosters to castlemaine cats piss,He's a aussie that should of been born a pomie.

To the OP they actually sell guinness in bottles aswell (the draught version)

Oh dude also i can't believe you can get kilkenny there,i'm not a big bitter fan but kilkenny was the one i could drink forever!as you can;t get it in england anymore.

I would say try Leffe if you like bitter,its a strong flavour and real dark colour.

But i am a Stout drinker,Guiness for me anyday,and we i am feeling cheap murphy's does the trick.
Just don't drink original guinness its like paint stripper.

Also stella is nick named "Wife beater" in england as thats what normally happens when people drink it.
(fighting in genaral.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard