Which PoE2 plane is your fave?

EF-2000 Eurofighter19%19% - 26
MiG-25 FoxBat15%15% - 21
Tornado IDS31%31% - 43
Su-25 Frogfoot33%33% - 45
Total: 135
J=MAN
+25|6659|OZ
Greetings, fellow self-styled try-hard plane-whore wanna-bes!

I was pretty excited about grabbing the sticks of the new planes in Point of Existence 2, and now that I've had a bit of a bash, I'm keen to hear what everyone else thinks.

My personal fave is the Su-25 - gotta love the cruisy handling, individual control of bombs, and the "rain of rocket death"! A-10 eat ya heart out!

I give the PoE2 Flying Coffin Award to the MiG-25. A piss-weak sounding gun, no bombs, two kinds of air-to-air missiles that just fly straight off like heli rockets, and no amount of afterburner-from-hell aerobatics were enough to shake that bloody Eurofighter off! Maybe I just suck, but when flying the Eurofighter I had no trouble downing the MiG-25 repeatedly. Uber FoxBat pilots - gissa tip ay!

So what do yous all reckon?
R3v4n
We shall beat to quarters!
+433|6488|Melbourne

Still downloading....
~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6707|Antarctica
Su-25 by far, even tho I suck at planes
Axon
Jet Whore
+107|6498
I like the Tornado for some reason.
DemonMonkey
+17|6500|Michigan
The UFO
syndicat111
+39|6679|UK

DemonMonkey wrote:

The UFO
QFT
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6501|so randum
love the afterburner on the foxbat, perfect hit and run plane
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Jamoche
+5|6496
Eurofighter, can run circles round your enemys in that.
donpost
+8|6762
SU-25, hands down.

I can cruise around destroying armour with that thing all day, and I'm quite good at evading the other jets. The gun is so good at taking down choppers! Has anyone tested the gun on armour yet?
DirtyMexican
I knife Generals
+278|6538|Search Whore killing fields
I like the Euro fighter. I can go under bridges with that.  Its da crunk
J=MAN
+25|6659|OZ

fatherted13 wrote:

Yeah the afterburners are cool, but... hit what? And with what?
spray_and_pray
+52|6492|Perth. Western Australia
Dont like tornado the whole vertical stabilizer moves and causes wierd pitch movement when used. SU 25 FTW over 30 rockets 4 bombs extremley powerful gun i love it for air to ground. But my favourite Air to Air plane the EUROFIGHTER!!!!
donpost
+8|6762

spray_and_pray wrote:

Dont like tornado the whole vertical stabilizer moves and causes wierd pitch movement when used. SU 25 FTW over 30 rockets 4 bombs extremley powerful gun i love it for air to ground. But my favourite Air to Air plane the EUROFIGHTER!!!!
I agree with you about the tornado - the pitch control is...challenging.

I love the way you can see the airbrakes pop up though!
SuB
+50|6677

donpost wrote:

the vanila jets do that on bf2
i love the tornado, plain and simply, the afterburner turning circle rocks, and it sounds just, 99% perfect to what i hear blasting past my house rattling everything fuckin love em
donpost
+8|6762

SuB wrote:

donpost wrote:

That's 2 new things that I've learned about vanilla jets today! I must be slipping (the other thing is that the small building on the airfield that looks a little like a UAV trailer is where the repair zone is).
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6692|Devon, England

donpost wrote:

SuB wrote:

donpost wrote:

That's 2 new things that I've learned about vanilla jets today! I must be slipping (the other thing is that the small building on the airfield that looks a little like a UAV trailer is where the repair zone is).
oh yeah...

and my fav is the su-25 (i think it's called that).

and what's with the minimal view from the cockpit? i like realistic flying with the cockpit view infront of me, but it's nigh impossible in POE

Last edited by FFLink13 (2006-08-30 10:21:54)

Eugefunk84
+48|6535
yea i tried out the cannon on the su-25 on armor. tore up a german artillery piece in about 1 second on consistent fire. that shit tears up armor. overheats real quick though
Greenspan
Fed. Chairman (Ret.)
+12|6488

J=MAN wrote:

fatherted13 wrote:

Yeah the afterburners are cool, but... hit what? And with what?
Agreed. The afterburner is tight, but the missiles suck and the plane can't manuver worth crap.
J=MAN
+25|6659|OZ
Having just got 43 for 6 (which for me is pretty exciting!) on Lutsk, I would like to reiterate my assertion that the Su-25 is TEH PWNAGE.

It's interesting to see the Tornado's popularity: the variable-geometry wings look cool, it handles nicely once you get used to the weird pitch control, and now that the pilot doesn't have any bombs, there's no competition between pilot and co-pilot for ground targets. Of course the downside of that is that if you've got no co-pilot you have to 'ghost' to take out tanks...

EDIT: missed some words out

Last edited by J=MAN (2006-08-30 20:53:11)

DirtyMexican
I knife Generals
+278|6538|Search Whore killing fields
I was told poe2 would update with an a10.. Hope its true. they will make the a10 kick ass. EAs a10 suck big big cock
Hellfire(Fish)
Your Favorite Whiny Liberal
+8|6506|Alabama, United States
I've got to say that with a good copilot, the Tornado can own the whole other team's ground forces.
The reason I'd say it's better than the SU-25 is just that it gets AA missles, an afterburner, and can take out more targets between reloads.
Not to mention the wings R TEH COOL.

By the way, wtf is the point of the SU-25's rockets?
They are RIDICULOUSLY inaccurate, and they don't seem to be able to do much..

Last edited by Hellfire(Fish) (2006-08-31 06:40:32)

markH262
+0|6651
I haven't DL's PoE yet but the choice of jets seem very strange. The Su 25 is strickly for ground support/tank killing and should be an Su-39 but I can see why they'd have the Su-25 since it's older and the "ex-russian" forces would have older equipment. But if this is set in the near future then they should have updated it with the Su-39. The MiG 25 is a high altitude intercepter and not a ground attack or dog fighter. Would be great for hitting the A/B and zipping out at mach 3. They should update that A/C to a MiG 31 or give them a Mig 29 or Su 27 or Su 35. The Eurofigher and Tornado are both multi-role A/C. Semi-good choices on the European side.
masterofflama
+19|6586|European Battlefield Command

spray_and_pray wrote:

agree
Raxor
Enemy Boat Spotted
+17|6846|United Kingdom
coming to a big bunch of infantry, hit the fire button on the rockets . its sweet. ive killed a couple choppers with those missiles though.

su 25 is my fav jet outa the lot. Though the euro fighter is good, 100 times better to the pos that was in euro force
Crestfallen
+27|6450|England, Leicester
Downloaded POE and got to playing it quite a bit.  While I'm a big fan of the Su-25 Frogfoot, (its rain of death with those missiles *drool*) I have to say I lean more towards the Tornado, as I prefer the teamwork involved with it.  Had a great round last night with an awesome pilot, sending in the LGM's to cause all sorts of havoc.  Nothing like decimating an advancing armored column with it ;-).

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard