elektrikheadx
+2|6495
Ok, so I've had BF2 for over a year now and I've managed to attain 3 unlocks.  This is in part due to my sucking and part due to my only being able to play a few times a week. 

Let's make the unlocks time based after 365days in game.. say one per month.  That would draw me back into the game... as it stands right now it has become stale because I get angry I havent scored any new unlocks.

Maybe it's just me. 
sgt.sonner
the electric eel has got me by the brain banana
+146|6576|Denmizzark!!
how many hours did you play?
dhoar4
Banned
+151|6579|Forest Lake, Australia
A time based approach would be a good idea actually...Not once a month though.  Maybe afetr 100 hours, you get one, then at 150 you get the option for the SF unlock.  Next unlock at 200, then SF unlock at 250 and so on...

Not bad +1
elektrikheadx
+2|6495
I have over 92 hours in right now.  That's alot :ugh:
vedds
+52|6798|Christchurch New Zealand
if they were based on time people would just idle in servers for them.
emumano101
+7|6575|um my dads house
LOL 92hr that nothing dude i got 360 somthing i think and i still got a long way to go
-=5TON3D
+42|6578|u.k
nah fuck that,no offense but unlocks are there to be earned not given away,same with medals & expert badges as it gives the game more depth as you got more things to work for.
elektrikheadx
+2|6495

vedds wrote:

Well, the age I speak of would be based on "creation-date"... not really in game time.  But maybe that's a better idea.

Not sure how to tackle the "idling" in game... but then again, who cares?  The unlocks arent super weapons, theyre just neat to have.
dhoar4
Banned

vedds wrote:

People can't idle anymore...They get kicked after 5 minutes...
sgt.sonner
the electric eel has got me by the brain banana
+146|6576|Denmizzark!!
I think the unlocks comes to quickly.. I have 14hours and 6 unlocks..
elektrikheadx
+2|6495
92 hours is a long time... if you are an adult and work full time.  The only time I get to play would be on Friday nights/weekends.... maybe they need an old dude discount package or something.
dhoar4
Banned

sgt.sonner wrote:

That's because you hack...
emumano101
+7|6575|um my dads house

elektrikheadx wrote:

92 hours is a long time... if you are an adult and work full time.  The only time I get to play would be on Friday nights/weekends.... maybe they need an old dude discount package or something.
o say like that, u got a job and stuff and u can only play few times
Scratch[USA]
+105|6591
I would guess that you are a White Zombie fan?
I would suggest buying Special Forces.  This will give you the ability (immediately) to get 3 unlocks as soon as you play a SF map.  That is because with SF you get an additional unlock for every rank.
You will get another unlock very soon as you are about to move up a rank.

Last edited by Scratch[USA] (2006-08-29 06:27:06)

X3M*Selkie
+13|6621|Belgium

elektrikheadx wrote:

Ok, so I've had BF2 for over a year now and I've managed to attain 3 unlocks.  This is in part due to my sucking and part due to my only being able to play a few times a week. 

Let's make the unlocks time based after 365days in game.. say one per month.  That would draw me back into the game... as it stands right now it has become stale because I get angry I havent scored any new unlocks.

Maybe it's just me. 
Not a bad idea, actually
If you would have SF you would have double amount of unlocks and with another 4h30 play you rank up and have another one.
Play for the fun, the unlocks won't (always) help you play better as they are not necessary more performant (except PKM) then the standard ones. Enjoy the game!
emumano101
+7|6575|um my dads house

X3M*Selkie wrote:

elektrikheadx wrote:

Maybe it's just me. 
Not a bad idea, actually
If you would have SF you would have double amount of unlocks and with another 4h30 play you rank up and have another one.
Play for the fun, the unlocks won't (always) help you play better as they are not necessary more performant (except PKM) then the standard ones. Enjoy the game!
yo u allmost got 400hr and u only have 18,000points that sad
elektrikheadx
+2|6495
So does anyone from EA read this or is this a waste of time?
Longbow
+163|6690|Odessa, Ukraine
Who care about unlocks ? Got them all half-a-year ago and don't use them . Come on , stocks are better .
{A.K.A}LordBeefman
+32|6645|Sydney, Australia

dhoar4 wrote:

sgt.sonner wrote:

That's because you hack...
thats your stats show ur a hacker
Masques
Black Panzer Party
+184|6766|Eastern PA
Time registered as a basis for unlocks would be extremely unfair. I have another account that I set up when the game first came out and forgot about (I didn't really start playing the game until late Nov. 2005). I've barely played on that account yet it shows a registration date of June 24th. Should that account have all the unlocks on it and not my main acct that has a later registration date but more than 50000 points?

I think not.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6887|Reykjavík, Iceland.
I got all unlocks after a year and a few days.
elektrikheadx
+2|6495

Masques wrote:

Time registered as a basis for unlocks would be extremely unfair. I have another account that I set up when the game first came out and forgot about (I didn't really start playing the game until late Nov. 2005). I've barely played on that account yet it shows a registration date of June 24th. Should that account have all the unlocks on it and not my main acct that has a later registration date but more than 50000 points?

I think not.
Why not?  It has been stated that the unlocks offer no true advantage.  I'm just looking for a way to freshen up the experience.
HeavyMetalDave
Metal Godz
+107|6701|California
Stats are only good for about a year so your idea is useless, in october everybodies stats go BYE BYE

BUH BYE
saber66
+12|6499
ok...i had the game about a month and im already a gunnery seragent....i have 5 unlocks...i play 5-6 times a week...but im not "awesome", but im dcent.....

having the game for over a year, yous h ould have more than three.....

and its prolly you and a few other people.....jsut find servers taht have quick rounds and play as a medic....u rank up much faster as a medic
elektrikheadx
+2|6495

saber66 wrote:

ok...i had the game about a month and im already a gunnery seragent....i have 5 unlocks...i play 5-6 times a week...but im not "awesome", but im dcent.....

having the game for over a year, yous h ould have more than three.....

and its prolly you and a few other people.....jsut find servers taht have quick rounds and play as a medic....u rank up much faster as a medic
That's a good point.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard