mattajohnstone
+15|6811
ok sorry if this has been talked about before.
yesterday i downloaded poe2 after a long time installed it and its working fine. The game its self is amazing and blows bf2 out the water and is a must download, but i did however still want to play for stats and all that kind of stuff so i did a ranked server search and to my surprise there where 2 so i joined one. When i got in everyone had there bf2 rank. I got about 180ish points as the tickets where set to 600 each team
After 3-4 rounds and scoring around 600 points i thought it was time to have a break so i disconnet and cheak to see if the stats have been upsdated like you do, there werent so i went off out for couple of hours came back and checked again and still nothing. Anybody know where the stats go or if there real and if they just take a while longer to update?
thxs for the help
Negerkungen
I could not care less
+541|6765|Topside

POE 2 is unranked.
Gentlesouljah.e
+14|6485|United States
PoE 2 does not run "Ranked" servers. Its a MOD created my a 3rd party group of skilled designers and programmers. Only "Vanilla BF2" runs ranked servers. Any and all MODS are unranked.
Vartan
+10|6766|Belgium
pwned
Gentlesouljah.e
+14|6485|United States

Vartan wrote:

pwned
Mind adding something actually informative to the topic?
Vartan
+10|6766|Belgium

Gentlesouljah.e wrote:

Vartan wrote:

pwned
Mind adding something actually informative to the topic?
you just made this crap last longer mate.

Okay okay...

I also saw one ranked server but I never got to join it. There ARE ranked servers of POE2 and they are running (don't listen to Gentle soul). But I guess the scores just don't upload.
mattajohnstone
+15|6811
https://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f212/bladetincadet/poe2rankedcopy.jpg
see...
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6815|Jupiter
Ok, Vartan you have no clue what your talking about. There are ranked server, and when i joined everyone was a PFC through a Corpal, which means POE has some sort of stats server running and keeping stats, or it just keeps your stats for that round or while you are playing in that server? I never ranked up cause i left the server (i dont have any sound on my computer atm ) I havnt gotten to test the ranked POE system yet to see if it works or not, but if you go to the POE site, they have been talking about ranks, etc.
Vartan
+10|6766|Belgium
I guess Gentle soul's post wasn't as informative as mine in the end :rolls eyes:

Maybe those server run a BF2 vanilla server on the same ip and this is why it has the ranked tag? I don't know
Gentlesouljah.e
+14|6485|United States
hmmm, I have no idea how thats possible.
Could those 2 servers perhaps, by any chance, be located in Europe? Its just a wild guess, but I live in the USA, so perhaps the rules that apply to MODS & ranked servers are different in Europe than they are here in the US.

Other than that, I have no idea how thats possible.

EDIT- I think Gen.BadSnipaDay may have the idea...disregard my post.

Last edited by Gentlesouljah.e (2006-08-29 11:08:45)

Vartan
+10|6766|Belgium

(EUS)Gen.BadSnipaDay wrote:

Ok, Vartan you have no clue what your talking about. There are ranked server, and when i joined everyone was a PFC through a Corpal, which means POE has some sort of stats server running and keeping stats, or it just keeps your stats for that round or while you are playing in that server? I never ranked up cause i left the server (i dont have any sound on my computer atm ) I havnt gotten to test the ranked POE system yet to see if it works or not, but if you go to the POE site, they have been talking about ranks, etc.
that we know but we weren't talking about POE2 ranks, we're talking about the general ranking system being applied to POE2 and I don't think that if you put POE2-only ranked servers through the filter, it'll show up as a ranked game since it's not linked to the normal BF2 ranks.

edit: when I bothered to check ranked servers I only could find one..and it was an italian one

Last edited by Vartan (2006-08-29 11:10:27)

mattajohnstone
+15|6811

Gentlesouljah.e wrote:

hmmm, I have no idea how thats possible.
Could those 2 servers perhaps, by any chance, be located in Europe? Its just a wild guess, but I live in the USA, so perhaps the rules that apply to MODS & ranked servers are different in Europe than they are here in the US.

Other than that, I have no idea how thats possible.

EDIT- I think Gen.BadSnipaDay may have the idea...disregard my post.
one is a aussie clan server
other might  be from europe...
mattajohnstone
+15|6811

(EUS)Gen.BadSnipaDay wrote:

the ones i went on had everyone bf2 rank there where majors and stuff and i was cpt as in bf2 as well
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6765|London

I saw a server like that for USI, I could join with my normal rank and I saw a promotion in there.
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6688|NT, like Mick Dundee

Yes, the aussie clans server is ranked (having played on it for around 4 hours). Everybody has their ranks. I'm pretty sure due to the tinkering done with the kit setup has made it impossible to add to your global score and rank while playing PoE2.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Nessie09
I "fix" things
+107|6693|The Netherlands

Gentlesouljah.e wrote:

PoE 2 does not run "Ranked" servers. Its a MOD created my a 3rd party group of skilled designers and programmers. Only "Vanilla BF2" runs ranked servers. Any and all MODS are unranked.
SF is a mod (xpack) and is ranked
Gentlesouljah.e
+14|6485|United States

Dauntless wrote:

I saw a server like that for USI, I could join with my normal rank and I saw a promotion in there.
Who is that girl in your sig, shes amazing.
xINTERMISSIONx
+71|6580|A dark hole....
did you get you points because....if you got them it could be ranked and if you got them not than is it maybe a bug or something...
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6624|132 and Bush

This isn't allowed by EA

They are aware of the matter though, there where 3 servers at first.
So far at least one was taken down.

From my host Hypernia.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
-MIKI3.
+70|6666|The Netherlands
They are working on a own stat system, the servers that now show up as ranked are NOT ranked, you can see your rank though.

Last edited by -MIKI3. (2006-08-29 12:19:42)

VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6729|Antarctica
Servers can 'hack' the server files to make it appear ranked when it really isn't, or it could be in-house ranking. (custom stats are recorded on that one server and you can view them on a webpage.  This is how POE2 is going to add stats in a later patch/release)  Either way you won't get official stats on a mod.
Spiderman696
+12|6669
I once heard a BF2 podcast about the "Alternative Ranking System". This was a "freeware" (but just if you are reliable and serious about what you are doing) software with stad feed. The idea of it is to make a ranking at a lan-party or for a mod.

Here is the link:

http://www.battlefieldranking.net/

Last edited by Spiderman696 (2006-08-29 13:26:20)

HaywoodJablowme
Baltimore Blowfish
+46|6603
Pwned.

Sorry, I just wanted to be a fuckin faggot.
LT.Victim
+1,175|6586|British Columbia, Canada
I was told that the Ranked POE servers display your rank because of a a server Option.. You get no points but you can still see your rank.. Its really only for bragging rights and making your E-penis look bigger
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6624|132 and Bush

Stats = how little of a life you have outside of the game..
Oh Chit!.. I have a stat sig...lol

Last edited by Kmarion (2006-08-29 13:32:23)

Xbone Stormsurgezz

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard