NM156
The H4xor Mod
+161|6849|North Texas

Ci2e wrote:

My stats are working perfectly everywhere but bf2s.com pretty disappointing =\

Ci2e wrote:

Yeah I just think its funny how they have a notice on the stats page that it's EA's fault, even though I think they know its not anymore.  Perhaps thats how they keep from getting everyone bitching at them and instead at EA- LOL
How else are we supposed to interpret this? Criticism is fine, when you direct it properly.

Here's the deal(yet again): BF2s.com is a very popular stats site. When this site first came on-line, the word spread fast. The surge of people flocking to view their stats on this site, brought EA's stat server down to it's knees. With that, it also killed the accounts that people logged in to, to play the game. That's no good! So EA created a NEW stats server, to be beta tested by this site, among a few others. With the release of Special Forces, this new server is now broke. Chuy cannot fix this himself. Every site that uses this beta stat server, is having the exact same problem. All those sites you claim to be in working order, are doing something illegal(technically). They're using the OLD stats server, incidentally the same one that BF2 and BF2:SF uses. Chuy cannot us that server. If he were to do so, he runs the risk of loosing his current feed to the new server, and getting blocked from the OLD server. That would kill this site.

There is no anger from me. Just trying to help you understand, that it IS EA's problem.

I'm not going to lock this. If he can't choose his words better, then I'll let him hang himself. I'm providing the rope.
[1stSSF]=Nuka=
Banned
+23|6752|PDX Metro Area, OR, US, SOL

NM156 wrote:

I'm not going to lock this. If he can't choose his words better, then I'll let him hang himself. I'm providing the rope.
LOL...

I'd say he's more throwing gasoline (petrol) on his own pyre.
Ci2e
+1|6726
Chuy great site I've raved about it to others including other people that are trying to make stat pages of their own.

=Robin-Hood= wrote:

Ci2e wrote:

If you read you would see that I like bf2s and because my stats aren't updating here its disappointing - which is not me bitching or saying this site sucks
That was not clear with your first post: "bf2s.com pretty disappointing =\" and people (including me) are starting to get a little edgy...

Ci2e wrote:

I sure don't have time to read everyone's post-
Well, some people are trying to help others here, and they'll need to read your post before they can decide it is crap.

Ci2e wrote:

I read the first couple posts quickly and wanted to add my input
If you are not going to read other peoples question/answer that might actually have dealt with your statement, than why should we bother to read yours...

Ci2e wrote:

so get off my back please.
If I had to power to close this thread here and now, trust me... I would!

Cheers,
R

But, I am glad to hear you like the site, so do I. Next time try to be a little more precise...
Yeah my bad when I see long paragraphs it discourages me - because that is a good sign of someone bitching.  bf2s is my favorite of all the sites for stats, and bf2online.com for sigs because can't you see my sig is beautiful

[1stSSF]=Nuka= wrote:

Ci2e wrote:

...your just very judgemental and have a bad time taking criticism. If you don't want to hear what I have to say don't read it, I sure don't have time to read everyone's post- I read the first couple posts quickly and wanted to add my input, so get off my back please.
So, here is what YOU said that I responded to...if you can't even keep logically consistent in your own words, you probably are over-matched with most regulars here:

Ci2e wrote:

Yeah I just think its funny how they have a notice on the stats page that it's EA's fault, even though I think they know its not anymore.  Perhaps thats how they keep from getting everyone bitching at them and instead at EA- LOL --I might play EA games but I still hate EA--
That is bitching, judgemental, and just plain foolish...Chuy and team do things for LOVE and not money, so it's not even remotely reasonable to ascribe blame to them in this...if you were PAYING for the site, then at least you'd have a small leg to stand on.
No I'm sorry it's not bitching or judgemental. It's called observation, foolish?  I think bashing at others on a forum is foolish I've done nothing to deserve it- I admit I should have read everyone's post but I assure you I still would have posted after reading Chuy's post.  Forums are for reading others opinions and posting your own, they are also used to help others to find solutions. Of course there are other uses but no need to get into that.

Thanks for your input guys.
Ci2e
+1|6726

NM156 wrote:

Ci2e wrote:

My stats are working perfectly everywhere but bf2s.com pretty disappointing =\

Ci2e wrote:

Yeah I just think its funny how they have a notice on the stats page that it's EA's fault, even though I think they know its not anymore.  Perhaps thats how they keep from getting everyone bitching at them and instead at EA- LOL
How else are we supposed to interpret this? Criticism is fine, when you direct it properly.

Here's the deal(yet again): BF2s.com is a very popular stats site. When this site first came on-line, the word spread fast. The surge of people flocking to view their stats on this site, brought EA's stat server down to it's knees. With that, it also killed the accounts that people logged in to, to play the game. That's no good! So EA created a NEW stats server, to be beta tested by this site, among a few others. With the release of Special Forces, this new server is now broke. Chuy cannot fix this himself. Every site that uses this beta stat server, is having the exact same problem. All those sites you claim to be in working order, are doing something illegal(technically). They're using the OLD stats server, incidentally the same one that BF2 and BF2:SF uses. Chuy cannot us that server. If he were to do so, he runs the risk of loosing his current feed to the new server, and getting blocked from the OLD server. That would kill this site.

There is no anger from me. Just trying to help you understand, that it IS EA's problem.

I wasn't stating in fact that it was bf2s.com's problem or EA's problem I was stating my opinion which was wrong, I read that it was bf2s.com's problem in other threads that are still open and still being posted to.  The problem with forums are people can post what they want wherever they want, and the information gets all mixed up.  No, I don't recall where I read that it was bf2s.com's problem or that it wasn't EA's problem.

I can't wait for bf2s.com to get stats again.  It's better than using BFHQ.

So all those other sites that are using a more simple feed are using the EA servers illegally?

Yeah I'll hang myself because you guys don't like what I say LOL
=Robin-Hood=
A stranger in the dark
+213|6822|Belgium

I was a little edgy, and Chuy is my personal Jesus, so I don't like it when people don't follow my religion (mmh sounds like something polabearz would say)

Let's keep it at it's about time EA is going to release something that isn't broken before it hits the market. But maybe (very big maybe) it is a positive sign that it is taking a little longer, maybe they are testing the changes before they release it...
It'll be done when it is done...

Cheers,
R

edit: Hey you forgot to quote NM156... Mmh nope you didn't I was just to slow

Last edited by =Robin-Hood= (2005-12-01 11:33:42)

[1stSSF]=Nuka=
Banned
+23|6752|PDX Metro Area, OR, US, SOL

Ci2e wrote:

You truly don't get it, do you? Wow...

It's not that we like or dislike what you said, it's that it was ignorant and wrong, accusatory and judgemental of the BF2s admins. Stating things like Chuy et al are covering up a bug in their code by blaming EA IS all of those things and YOU said it.

You keep hiding behind "it's my opinion and you just don't like it" while completely ignoring what YOU said...

Don't worry, you're now in my killfile as you can't even hold a legitimate debate with a thinking individual. There was a reason the moderator made the rope statement, and it wasn't because we don't like your opinion...

There is a forest of clue-by-four trees...run through the low-hanging branches and maybe you'll make it...
Ci2e
+1|6726
Your still at the hate game - don't worry I won't feed the fire that you dance around.

Besides that you seem to not understand that opinions belong to individuals wether right or wrong you should respect them, but simply its noted that you can't- what's a killfile - I'll add you to my knife list.

Last edited by Ci2e (2005-12-01 11:35:03)

NM156
The H4xor Mod
+161|6849|North Texas

Ci2e wrote:

I wasn't stating in fact that it was bf2s.com's problem or EA's problem I was stating my opinion which was wrong, I read that it was bf2s.com's problem in other threads that are still open and still being posted to.  The problem with forums are people can post what they want wherever they want, and the information gets all mixed up.  No, I don't recall where I read that it was bf2s.com's problem or that it wasn't EA's problem.

I can't wait for bf2s.com to get stats again.  It's better than using BFHQ.

So all those other sites that are using a more simple feed are using the EA servers illegally?

You are one confusing individual.

It is NOT that we don't like what you say. You're making it very difficult for us to understand, what the hell it is you're trying to say. I'm not sure if there is some kind of language barrier here or what, but I'm not the only one who didn't understand what you were trying to say.

We ALL want to see bf2s.com working again. It will be, once EA decides to deal with it. I know it's disappointing, but there is no one here that can fix it. It's that simple.
Chou
+737|6793
But at least EA could give us a sign or are we not important at all?
It will calm down a lot of nerves when you know what's going on, right?

Last edited by Choumichel (2005-12-01 14:18:27)

=Robin-Hood=
A stranger in the dark
+213|6822|Belgium

Choumichel wrote:

Couldn't agree more.
It would at least temper all pipo's not believing it's not BF2s and thus giving their minions some slack. And it would also be a prove of correct communication. Letting the users know there's a problem and they are doing something about it.

Cheers mate,
R
Ci2e
+1|6726
I don't understand why it's so hard for you all to understand what I'm saying- I'm not going to explain anymore an opinion is an opinion a bitching statement is a bitching statement, if you can't tell the difference or if they are all the same for you your problem.
DakotaDoc64
+0|6794|Omaha, Nebraska

armin wrote:

Ea's stats are working, the problem is bf2s.com. Take for instance bf2tracker.com, the stats (BF2 + BF2:SF) are working perfectly.
Come on people.  Chuy is doing everything possible. This is the best stat site in the world.  BF2Tracker is in no way as polished.  They are also using a feed with less information to bypass the problem.  Chuy uses the full feed and I hope he never looks back.

Chuy and all you tf guys, it was great playing with you guys on that SF server the opening night of BF2 SF. 
You think that server could be some of our problems?  We are all infected..... 
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6766|Dallas
EVERYBODY JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!

I'm watching this thread for UPDATES ON THE ISSUE, not to hear you morons fighting with each other over some 5th grade drama or a situation that is utterly and completly out of your control.

You go to that corner and you go to the other corner and STFU!!!!
Ci2e
+1|6726
Thank god someone finally speaks up and puts us all in our place.  Someone delete all that bullshit it was pointless arguing bickering, and total miscommunication on all our behalfs, am I pointing anyone out NO, the end.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6843|Cologne, Germany

Cougar wrote:

EVERYBODY JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!

I'm watching this thread for UPDATES ON THE ISSUE, not to hear you morons fighting with each other over some 5th grade drama or a situation that is utterly and completly out of your control.

You go to that corner and you go to the other corner and STFU!!!!
best suggestion I have heard in a long time...
KungfuBeer
The King of Beers
+31|6732|SoCal
All the guys at BF2S.....keep up the good work.   I found this site a few days after you opened, and this is the site that I refer other people too.

As for you clowns bitching, there are a few other sites if you have a problem with these guys wanting to do it right, instead of just pleasing you!!  Go somewhere else.
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6849|"Frisco"

Choumichel wrote:

EA seems to have missed that day in Community Building Training where they did nothing but write "keep your community informed" 500 times in their own blood. It's a basic tenant of community building, and they are, quite honestly, doing a bang up job of showing other companies of how NOT to operate. At least in regards to BF2, I can't speak to their other games.

Anyway, this thread has covered all the answers needed and really isn't going anywhere now.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard