-=5TON3D
+42|6557|u.k
i never land unless my mates copilot & we wanna swap for a bit.it makes you a sitting duck,i'd rather throttle down or make 2 pass's to repair if needed.same if i'm flying solo in a bomber & someone wants picking up,i just fly slow & low over the runway & they jump up holdin E.
smack-beeb
+4|6579
dont land just keep flying over unless you wanna tk'em...
Viper007Bond
Moderator Emeritus
+236|6828|Portland, OR, USA

iNeedUrFace4Soup wrote:

Landing is asking for trouble. The only time I land is if i'm in a 2-seater and I want to swap to laser missiles and let my co-pilot have a turn flying, and the sky and landing strip are clear. Not often.
That's a bad idea. Just bail and have your co-pilot switch mid-air to pilot. Then all he needs to do is make a low pass while you hold E and jump. Tis easy!
https://bf3s.com/sigs/044900892044e7fc95e599e832a086ae9bcd7efb.png
c0mplex1ty
Too X-Core
+100|6583|laguna beach, ca

Viper007Bond wrote:

iNeedUrFace4Soup wrote:

Landing is asking for trouble. The only time I land is if i'm in a 2-seater and I want to swap to laser missiles and let my co-pilot have a turn flying, and the sky and landing strip are clear. Not often.
That's a bad idea. Just bail and have your co-pilot switch mid-air to pilot. Then all he needs to do is make a low pass while you hold E and jump. Tis easy!
dont pay attention to him ^^^^ he "thinks" he's leet.

we all know you don't have to jump, viper, stupid noob.
zer0fus10n
+14|6534
Lol the noob's that run at you only get tked by the jet so if you bail out while its moving at a reasonable speed they just die with no points lose to you but you have to make sure they arnt ready for it or they will take your jet so just come in quick and get level and roll and bail and press z as soon as your out so you dont die then repair and take off
betjai
+0|6523
why cant they make those people who stand in front of a jet and then get run over as a suicide rather than teamkill by pilot. i.e. it displays '<name> is no more'
I hate those freaking noobs standing in front of the plane because they didn't get into it and dont know why it is a teamkill.
iPoon.be
Internet Poon
+145|6552|Belgium

137twozerosniper wrote:

yeah its stupid and i dont like TV2 anyway
They have servers crashes every so often, but thats what you can expect of a 64 player server, think of all those incremental patchers in there
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6712|Tampa Bay Florida
Same, it happens to me every once in a while to.  What I hate even more is when I lag right at that crucial moment, and I end up crashing, then everyone calls me a noob and says I can't fly.  Then they take the jet when it respawns and get 0 kills before getting shot down. pfft
Shem
sɥǝɯ
+152|6550|London (At Heart)

137twozerosniper wrote:

yeah its stupid and i dont like TV2 anyway
I'm banned from most TV2 servers... dammit.
JohnnySupreme
+23|6518
I can land upside-down.  Honest.

On a very slightly more serious note; if I see a few players waiting for the jet, all poised for a TK fest, I have been known to land the jet on a nearby mountain top and leave it there.  They get so annoyed with having to wait for it to blow up 'naturally' before it respawns.

My favorite moment of fun with some pathetic little plane addicts was on Dalian Plant.  As usual they all wanted the J-10 but this time I had it.  Being slightly drunk at the time I thought it would be amusing to taxi up the runway instead of taking off.  I got myself about half way down the strip and then jumped out.  As I expected, 2 players ran toward it, as they arrived I hopped back in and carried on.  I actually made it a fair distance down the valley out the base before I got stuck and abandoned it.  The funny thing was that one of the players was still chasing (now in a buggy).  He then jumped in the jet but failed miserably in his efforts to retrieve it.

I got called a "noob".
Golf_Dude
+0|6475
noobs try to run out on the carrier and gets teamkilled and then punishes you..
majorassult
I <3 ak101
+307|6685|under there hayousaidunderwear

JaM3z wrote:

i class them as AFK and boot them from the server, also jet/heli pilots may experience high ping on my server at complete random times *cough*
Ha
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6676
pff, I just land my jet on a mountain out of bounds somewhere, and will repair my jet as engineer and get back in and out every 10 seconds.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6717|Howell, Mi USA
I just make a couple slow passes over tEh runway for repairs. I can land but it's not worth it, usually half tEh team is standing there waiting with their m-95's.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6676

Cbass wrote:

I just make a couple slow passes over tEh runway for repairs. I can land but it's not worth it, usually half tEh team is standing there waiting with their m-95's.
I usually bomb them first.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6717|Howell, Mi USA

SargeV1.4 wrote:

I've bailed and let the empty jet crash into the group just to teach them a lesson. Handed out a couple suicides then they called me a fag  lol
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
USAFDude_1988
Will fly for food.
+120|6531|Daytona Beach, FL

Cbass wrote:

SargeV1.4 wrote:

I've bailed and let the empty jet crash into the group just to teach them a lesson. Handed out a couple suicides then they called me a fag  lol
LoL!

I used to be one of those lamers who used to wait around for jets. Since I've stopped my SPM has gone from 1.8ish to 2.06 in a couple of weeks. I really haven't flown since. lol

Last edited by USAFDude_1988 (2006-08-29 07:37:20)

Bunn-Gee
+7|6488
They should just disable the ability to run over ground troops in a jet.  I mean, seriously....when do you ever run over the enemy in a jet?
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6866|Reykjavík, Iceland.

iNeedUrFace4Soup wrote:

It's smarter to jump out, let the other guy get pilot, then you wait for him to fly low above you holding down E.

Bunn-Gee wrote:

They should just disable the ability to run over ground troops in a jet.  I mean, seriously....when do you ever run over the enemy in a jet?
You underestimate good pilots. I do it all the time just for kicks and shizzles

Last edited by PBAsydney (2006-08-29 08:53:18)

FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6713|Devon, England
it makes me happy sometimes reading all these posts...

you all play on shit servers. i always (well, 80% of the time) play on my clans server, so any pricks that do things like that get banned.

HERES AN ULTIMATE TIP THAT NOT MANY PEOPLE KNOW!

actually, i'm going to make my own thread about it.

mwa ha ha!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard