=NAA=TheTaxidermist
+6|6735|In a van down by the river
Last time I checked this is the complaint forum.  I can complain if I want.  So stupid with the stupid "quit complaining" posts.  Frankly, I'd rather play a free crappy mod than an crappy expansion pack.  I just don't see enough on the table to be worth 30 bucks... I'll just go get three 10 dollar lap dances.
volex
+2|6750|USA
sf just pisses me off because they haven't fixed anything with the original bf core and then put an expansion on top of it so it can have the same bugs, I know they cant fix everything but damn they pretty much got 1942 in one patch

and ea doesnt stop making money after you buy the game, look at the cost to rent a server
16 pl ~ 128/month
64 pl ~ 512/month
even though im sure not everyone rents from ea but there must be a lot with thier convenient rent a server button
Jodah3
+1|6740

=NAA=TheTaxidermist wrote:

Last time I checked this is the complaint forum.  I can complain if I want.  So stupid with the stupid "quit complaining" posts.  Frankly, I'd rather play a free crappy mod than an crappy expansion pack.  I just don't see enough on the table to be worth 30 bucks... I'll just go get three 10 dollar lap dances.
"Quit complaining" is a valid complaint

Also, maybe it's just me, but is $30 really that much money?  That's what it costs to go to a restaurant these days, not to mention any other form of entertainment out there.  I recently dropped $50 on Fable:TLC, not the greatest game, but a decent 15 hours of entertainment.   Gaming is actually a very cheap hobby (software at least, hardware is another story), and frankly I'd spend $30 every couple months just for a new mappack. 

I guess I just don't get what NEEDS to be on the table to be worth the almighty $30 dollars.
Sud
+0|6748
At 0 cents an hour, I must say I feel like I'm getting away with highway robbery breathing all this sweet oxygen! I have no right to complain when factories open up and start smogging it up because I don't pay anything for it!

Ok fanboys, time to climb off your little bandwagon and face some facts:

1. It won't bankrupt EA and Dice to revise their game to fix the bugs and iron out the inbalances. Really, it won't. If you'd like to confirm this, you can have a look at EA's quarterly profit margins. Really, no starving EA orphans will go without their life sustaining and nutricious if not exactly delicious gruel if a few people are put to the task of improving their alpha test quality base product BEFORE they go releasing new expands (or maybe more aptly called "mods we make you pay for"). I promise you this.

2. "Whine" is a word thrown around by the irrational mentally deficient as their futile attempt at a counter-argument. It reeks intrinsically of hypocrisy, since they themselves are whining about whining.

3. The SF guns are better than their BF2 counterparts. My upgraded medic gun makes me never consider using any of the prior guns again. My squad-buddy who plays assault exclusively says the same of his upgraded assault gun. I'm more than willing to bet a lot of supports prefer the new gun over the PKM. The list goes on.

Thankfully, I know how to translate Fanboy into English, so I can help some of you who don't understand what some of these people are talking about:

BF2 has cost you 23 cents per hour of play. shut up about being ripped off already, I can't think of many other forms of entertainment that cost 23 cents per hour.
Translated to English:
Maybe I can fool him and beg the issue by making an invalid comparison between something that is a one time purchase with a fictional per-hour rate product.

EA = Business
Business = Need Money To Pay Workers/Bills(Yes, companies have bills)
Mod = No Money
No Money = Sad EA.
Translated to English:
Altruism, commitment to quality, and finishing a job before you start a new one are concepts for the pitiful weak minded. I worship the ground that EA spawns its software upon, and the weak willed who would dare question my exhalted master are deemed unfit to live.

Nuff said.  Stop this SF was a waste bs and buy it.  My job pays 8 an hour and it only takes me one 4 hour shift to pay for the xpack, which I will be playing for more than 4 hours.
Translated to English:
I work under the table, so I don't have to pay revenue taxes, and I live with my parents, so I have no bills or living expenses. Why is everyone so up in arms about having to buy something? It's ONLY money people!

Let. It. Go.
Translated to English:
Please suffer in silence. I resent the fact that I have to waste my time here reading this when I could be in game earning my inflated KPS at the expense of you "non-expand noobs".

Last edited by Sud (2005-11-28 13:27:24)

YitEarp
+1|6726

The only reason EA made this was to squeeze as much money out of it as they could.  They could care less about the consumers.  You can say what you want about how it "only costs 30 bucks, its not anything", but it is more principle than anything.  And the comment about "show me the ranked mod servers", EA won't allow them to be ranked so that people would rather buy the expansion pack than download free mods.  Stop being EA fanboys and realize that you'll stop playing BF2SF in a week (figuratively speaking) and say, okay I'm bored.  Oh and I like BF2... I just think SF is a waste, and that's why I haven't bought it. Expansion packs have always been there just to squeeze extra money out of the game.  If you don't think that's true, you are naive.
of course an expansion makes money you moron.  thats not its only purpose for existing tho.  do you think they could sell an expansion nobody wants?  no.  they put features in that a lot of people think are awesome, and yes they expect to be paid for their work.  not everyone can mooch off their parents while alternatingly making mods for free and jerking it to free pron.

im assuming you havent played SF if u talk smack about how stupid the grappling hook and zip line are, cuz theyre crazy fun and useful in SF.  tho i agree they shouldnt be ported into vanilla bf2, thatd be pretty unbalanced.

it cracks me up when naive people try and talk smack about a company trying to make money.  do u fuccin think EA is a non-profit?  yes expansion packs are a quick way to make a buck off an existing game base, and to prevent a drop in player activity for a game.  just because they are doesnt mean they cant have useful/fun/worthwhile content.  quit bashing an expansion you havent played in favor of mods that dont offer the same things.  and of course EA doesnt offer ranked support for mods u naive bastard, think for a second.  how easy would it be to have a mod that with its scoring ease or score system makes ranking completely pointless...
SlickWRX
+6|6744

So your typical lap dance is what?  The length of a song?  The average song is approximately 5 minutes.  So $30 for 15 minutes of some skank grinding you is worth more than BF2:SF?  Sorry bud but don't give me any crap about getting fine women to give you LAP dances for $10.  For that price they're gonna be coked out skanks.  You might be able to get a TABLE dance for that price but there's a huge difference.

If EA were really trying to rip us off they would start charging monthly fees like MMORPs.  I'm sure they could get away with it and still have a lot of people willing to pay.  I wouldn't want to but seeing as how its the game I currently play the most I probably would.  To really rake you over the coals they could say that characters not played in 60 days would be deleted from the server.  That would keep your subscription going even if you only play occasionally.

You get new maps, new armies, new weapons, new vehicles.  If you want to keep playing Karkand and Wake nobodys twisting your arm.  I'll have to say for me just having new maps was enough.  I was really getting sick of the old ones.  They've also given the buildings on the new maps more interior that regular old BF2.  Thats one of the things that bugged me about original BF2 was that it seemed like you could only go into a couple of buildings.  The Warlord map has a huge palace (the warlords house obviously) that has two control points in it that you fight in.  This is probably the reason behind them stepping up the requirements.  There are obviously higher poly counts on these maps.

I don't even know why I'm wasting my time typing this.  Go have fun and if you get lucky double bag it.
ghostgr
177th Field Artillery
+39|6742|In your head

DeltaForceWarrior wrote:

NamelessMarine wrote:

EA = Business
Mod = No Money
No Money = Sad EA.

Nuff said.  Stop this SF was a waste bs and buy it.  My job pays 8 an hour and it only takes me one 4 hour shift to pay for the xpack, which I will be playing for more than 4 hours.
good argument, but 30 bucks for 4 hrs of work seems like bad times to me
Agreed, I get paid 7 dollars an hour and I make more than 30 dollar (including tips hahahaha)
=NAA=TheTaxidermist

SlickWRX wrote:

So your typical lap dance is what?  The length of a song?  The average song is approximately 5 minutes.  So $30 for 15 minutes of some skank grinding you is worth more than BF2:SF?  Sorry bud but don't give me any crap about getting fine women to give you LAP dances for $10.  For that price they're gonna be coked out skanks.  You might be able to get a TABLE dance for that price but there's a huge difference.
Sad, you would pick video games over sexual encounters with the opposite sex.  Poor fanboys.  And 5ud... you were right on with your comment.

Last edited by =NAA=TheTaxidermist (2005-11-29 17:54:04)

Heavyarms
+0|6740

Here are my reasons why SF is a ripoff.
We all know how big the modding community for BF2 is.  EA's greed has made them release an expansion that allows people to get extra weapons and smack the crap out of everyone who hasn't bought SF, for a mere 30 bucks.  EA knows how big the modding community is so they had to hurry to release SF before the mod rush came through.  Frankly, they haven't added enough in my opinion to warrant a 30 dollar purchase.  Oooo grappling hooks, how impressive.  Now i can zip from building to building with my zip line.  Wow, I'm glad to hand EA 30 bucks for it.  So what, a few new weapons, a few new maps.  This was all stuff that could have been added in a mod.  But no, EA has to be greedy.
Maybe you should have researched SF before buying it.  If you did research it and STILL bought it, and then proceeded to complain about.... your the idiot... not EA.
YitEarp
+1|6726

Sad, you would pick video games over sexual encounters with the opposite sex.  Poor fanboys.  And 5ud... you were right on with your comment.
lol and lapdances count as a sexual encounters?  dude u need a girlfriend.
Jodah3
+1|6740

YitEarp wrote:

I second that.
VirtuaLResistancE
ArmChair Warrior
+4|6756|NH - USA
In real life you would/could encounter an enemy with better weapons so why not in BF2? Just need to adapt and ye shall overcome.
=NAA=TheTaxidermist

YitEarp wrote:

sexual encounters don't just involve sexual relations.
YitEarp
+1|6726

sexual encounters don't just involve sexual relations.
thnx for the tip lol.

wasnt saying they did, im just saying dunno if id count a girl whos being paid to dance for u as a sexual encounter, more a business transaction hehe.  the difference in my mind is intent.  if its some random girl whos on yer jock that counts, professional teases dont.

Last edited by YitEarp (2005-11-30 14:30:14)

zhushma
+-1|6738
just play the damn game u losers, play and die, play and die
RDMC_old
+0|6737|Almere, Holland

NamelessMarine wrote:

EA = Business
Mod = No Money
No Money = Sad EA.

nicely said!.. and just that u know.. we do like the game so stop complaining about it.. if it sucks for you.. then keep that kind of shit to urselve
RDMC_old
+0|6737|Almere, Holland
why are u actually complaing about the 30 bucks.. you spend 50 bucks on the original game right? so with ur problem..
GotMex?
$623,493,674,868,715.98 in Debt
+193|6764

I have a question for all you "At 23cents per hour for entertainment, how is that a ripoff" people. Where do you factor in the hours wasted opening up the game, logging into a map, and crashing out to the desktop immediatelly. Where is the compensation for all the times I have been robbed of my stats because of some glitch that didn't let the update. Where is the compensation for the countless times I have been noobed in-game and become incredibly frustrated with the game play. Where do I factor in the times that I have waited the full 90 second (or whatever it is) chopper respawn time, only to be killed by a teammate who wants that chopper right then to go take out artillery. I could go on and on here...

I think 5ud nailed it with his comments regarding other posts here so I'm not gonna add anything to that, but I'm not a fan of this complacent attitude people take towards game developers. DICE and EA are responsible for this game, and for that, they should take care of fixing bugs, controlling game balance issues, and making sure each one of their customers is happy with their purchase. Instead, they are figuring out ways to get the most bang for their buck, such as integrating SF weapons into BF2 (which is a GENIUS business/marketing strategy btw), making them slightly better/cooler looking, thus semi-forcing people to go out and buy SF.
TCSO-BadSnipaDay
Banned
+0|6737
Wow, people have lost me... all i can say from what i got out of this is... dont be a jew, spend the 30 bucks.
[C4]LostMonkey
+0|6754|Norway
dont be a jew..WTF dude!?
=NAA=TheTaxidermist
I love all the "quite complaining" posts.  What's the name of this particular part of the forums???  I can express my opinion about not wanting to spend money on something I think is a waste of money.
GotMex?
$623,493,674,868,715.98 in Debt
+193|6764

[C4]LostMonkey wrote:

dont be a jew..WTF dude!?
Yea I'm not a fan of the Jew comment either... I know a lot of Jewish people that bought the game (but that's beside the point)

Last edited by GotMex? (2005-11-30 16:41:45)

RadeonII
+1|6776
save your money if you want to. just don't be a racist asshole..
SlickWRX
+6|6744

SlickWRX wrote:

No.  I just don't pay for it.  Sad that you have to.
./KRUX
+1|6738|Austin Texas
i love the expansion. It plays like a different game. More heads up infantry battles.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard