bogo24dk
+26|6545
What do you think ?

Is Dennis Miller just dumb, or is he getting to much money for spreading lies about the Palestinian/Israeli conflict ?

http://shyboy.wordpress.com/2006/08/08/in-a-nutshell/
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6558|Πάϊ
He certailny is dumb, and he probably is getting a lot of money for spreading bullshit.
ƒ³
PRiMACORD
+190|6664|Home of the Escalade Herds
Well he's factually very wrong in a lot of places. He should stick to comedy.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6595
The guy is obviously a retard. Or has some kind of mild learning disability at least.
Major_Spittle
Banned
+276|6694|United States of America
Dennis Miller is right on.  Sometimes the truth hurts, get over it.
Nohurrie32
+3|6712
sounds about right.... much much easier to tear things down, and blow thngs up like the "palestinians" do. then to actaully have garbage service, schools that teach the three R's not HATE, street lights and hospitals... lets face it middle eastern people could care less about democracy, technology or many other 21st century ideals....Imagine if the middle easterners really knew how poor they and their countries really are....
bogo24dk
+26|6545

Major_Spittle wrote:

And the truth is what ? His lies or what has really happened ?
CameronPoe
+2,925|6595
I feel this is going to be another long drawn out 'who did what first?', 'who are the good guys, who are the bad guys?' thread filled with uninformed and uneducated comments about middle eastern history and current affairs. There should be a 'Middle East' section in this forum with all the wikipedia, etc. links lined up in easily accessible locations for folks like Nohurrie32 who have little if any appreciation for the realities of life in Palestine/Israel.

PS Spittle - cheers for the kinds words in the other thread. I'll be available Wednesday if black people would like to come and beat me to a bloody pulp for the crimes of people exactly like you.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2006-08-26 12:34:54)

CameronPoe
+2,925|6595

bogo24dk wrote:

Major_Spittle wrote:

And the truth is what ? His lies or what has really happened ?
Spittle is a troll. Best not to engage him or he'll make an a) racial, b) sexual or c)plain insulting remark back at you.
Major_Spittle
Banned
+276|6694|United States of America

CameronPoe wrote:

I feel this is going to be another long drawn out 'who did what first?', 'who are the good guys, who are the bad guys?' thread filled with uninformed and uneducated comments about middle eastern history and current affairs. There should be a 'Middle East' section in this forum with all the wikipedia, etc. links lined up in easily accessible locations for folks like Nohurrie32 who have little if any appreciation for the realities of life in Palestine/Israel.

PS Spittle - cheers for the kinds words in the other thread. I'll be available Wednesday if black people would like to come and beat me to a bloody pulp for the crimes of people exactly like you.
Where will you be, I have a couple friends at work that would like to have the first shot at you.
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6581|Texas - Bigger than France
Don't forget the guy is merely stating his opinion.  Anyone considering him as a credible opinion source for foreign politics should have their head examined.  When did we decide that celebrities were anything but a sideshow anyway?

He does make some good points though...but he's far from a Middle East expert.  If his or other celebrities' opinions ever carry enough weight to become a replacement for reputable news sources, I'm going to move to Ireland or something.  Bono is the only Irish celeb I know of, and he seems to make some sense sometimes - but he's still a musician who shouldn't be counted on to make foreign policy or other decisions.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6595

Major_Spittle wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Where will you be, I have a couple friends at work that would like to have the first shot at you.
Sorry blacks only. Maybe your buddies can stick the old pointy hoods on for one last bash at a the 'less savoury people in your community', as they might mildly put it, to sate their violent streaks.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2006-08-26 12:47:01)

marinebio
+5|6601|Easton, Pa.

Pug wrote:

Don't forget the guy is merely stating his opinion.  Anyone considering him as a credible opinion source for foreign politics should have their head examined.  When did we decide that celebrities were anything but a sideshow anyway?

He does make some good points though...but he's far from a Middle East expert.  If his or other celebrities' opinions ever carry enough weight to become a replacement for reputable news sources, I'm going to move to Ireland or something.  Bono is the only Irish celeb I know of, and he seems to make some sense sometimes - but he's still a musician who shouldn't be counted on to make foreign policy or other decisions.
Remember Ronald Reagan??  No celebrity status there I suppose??!!
Pug
Unless Dennis Miller holds office he's not making foreign policy decisions, nor is anything he says carries weight.  Pretty clear concept don't you think?
AAFCptKabbom
+127|6697|WPB, FL. USA
I would say from your comments in your own post that you agree with your own topic
I think too much is being read into his satire about Palestine and the middle-east - It's satire!
I don't recall any post, from memory and not "search", from the other side of the political satire debate starting with "hate". "ignorance", "lies", and "dumb".  Do you want a debate or are you making a statement - I think the latter.

IMHO - There are facts in his comments as well as comedic satire to make lite of a very serious issue.  However, it's satire.  Bush is blasted with it daily, Clinton certainly was the subject of it - it's satire.
Now in all fairness the questions needs to be asked if it's mean spirited and hateful {i.e. Kanye West saying Pres. Bush hates blacks}.  I would say then that Dennis Miller is using satire to debate a topic and not force a statement  with hatred or being mean spirited.  Watch one of his shows - he's quite funny and is an equal opportunity satirist offender .

Kaboom.
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6558|Πάϊ

AAFCptKabbom wrote:

I would say from your comments in your own post that you agree with your own topic
I think too much is being read into his satire about Palestine and the middle-east - It's satire!
I don't recall any post, from memory and not "search", from the other side of the political satire debate starting with "hate". "ignorance", "lies", and "dumb".  Do you want a debate or are you making a statement - I think the latter.

IMHO - There are facts in his comments as well as comedic satire to make lite of a very serious issue.  However, it's satire.  Bush is blasted with it daily, Clinton certainly was the subject of it - it's satire.
Now in all fairness the questions needs to be asked if it's mean spirited and hateful {i.e. Kanye West saying Pres. Bush hates blacks}.  I would say then that Dennis Miller is using satire to debate a topic and not force a statement  with hatred or being mean spirited.  Watch one of his shows - he's quite funny and is an equal opportunity satirist offender .

Kaboom.
Ever seen satyre in favor of the Palestinians and against the Israelis? Why the fuck not? ISN'T THAT FUNNY???

Satyre my ass. No offence.

Last edited by oug (2006-08-26 13:09:40)

ƒ³
The_Shipbuilder
Stay the corpse
+261|6540|Los Angeles

Pug wrote:

Agreed.

Michael Moore, Ann Coulter, Bill O'Reilly should never be referred to as "pundits" but "entertainers".
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6729|Tampa Bay Florida

Major_Spittle wrote:

I could just say that your mom is a fat bitch, and when you tell me to f*ck off, I'd say "Sometimes the truth hurts, get over it".
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6797|Argentina
How come this asshole worked in SNL for such a long time?  He's talking bullshit.  He says all the arabs nearby Israel want Israel, for what the sand?  I don't think they want the land, except for Palestine.  They want Israel dead.  But Palestine was the name of that land for milleniums.  So, call the people there whatever you want but in that place there always have been arabs and jews.
EVieira
+105|6517|Lutenblaag, Molvania

sergeriver wrote:

How come this asshole worked in SNL for such a long time?  He's talking bullshit.  He says all the arabs nearby Israel want Israel, for what the sand?  I don't think they want the land, except for Palestine.  They want Israel dead.  But Palestine was the name of that land for milleniums.  So, call the people there whatever you want but in that place there always have been arabs and jews.
He's probably desperate for attention, his jokes were very rarely that good in SNL. And its probably a very log time since he's had a profitable job, gig, or whatever it is that comedians do...
"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered;  the point is to discover them."
Galileo Galilei  (1564-1642)
jonsimon
+224|6534

Major_Spittle wrote:

If the truth hurts, you must be doped up on novacain.
Dersmikner
+147|6537|Texas
Here's a good question: Other than oil, what does the Middle East produce?

I'm asking because you have textiles and consumer electronics in China, electronics in Japan, aircraft, world-class automobiles, computer technology, produce, a million other things in Europe, and all that we produce in the United States, and other than oil I can't think of a single thing that comes out of the Middle East.

Name one multi-national ass-kicker company like Seimens, or GE, or AT&T or Phillip Morris that is based in the Middle East.
jonsimon
+224|6534

Dersmikner wrote:

I'm asking because you have textiles and consumer electronics in China, electronics in Japan, aircraft, world-class automobiles, computer technology, produce, a million other things in Europe, and all that we produce in the United States, and other than oil I can't think of a single thing that comes out of the Middle East.

Name one multi-national ass-kicker company like Seimens, or GE, or AT&T or Phillip Morris that is based in the Middle East.
What does that have to do with Denis Miller?
Pug

Dersmikner wrote:

Agribusiness is good.

I would also think that the region isn't as attractive to multinational companies for stability reasons.
Vindicarre
+0|6504
Ummm, that was written by Larry Miller.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard