lel
+75|6845|England
What is POE?
Chou
+737|6944
I got the file on my PC but it still takes me 3 days with torrent.. wtf
Lethality666
+4|6611
This is mod is a bitch to download...all sites are getting hammered for the download and I'm only managing 64K download speed on a T3  line..<grins>....Oh well, I know its worth the time to download. Having not played any mods in BF2, this one looks amazing. The graphic skins look amazingly tight.
[n00b]Tyler
Banned
+505|6747|Iceland
HURLEY
Ima Crunchatize you.
+170|6836|The Lou

rawls2 wrote:

Will Poe2 allow ranked servers?
no.
Zodiaccup
+42|6699

rawls2 wrote:

Will Poe2 allow ranked servers?
As long as EA is keeping their "we are not tolerating any alternativ rank systems"-attitude (got released with 1.3^^), NO.

Last edited by Zodiaccup (2006-08-26 11:08:08)

MECtallica
+73|6657|jalalabad
they dont allow ranked with mods. its an unfair advantage. mods are for fun, not ranks or stats.....
SoiCowboy
+2|6756
Ok I've downloaded it direct from poe's site.

How do I get it to install?
Gentlesouljah.e
+14|6615|United States
40 minutes until un-passworded version is released!
MuseSeeker
2142 Soldier: Behenaut
+110|6928|EUR

SoiCowboy wrote:

Ok I've downloaded it direct from poe's site.

How do I get it to install?
Extract both into a folder and run the .EXE I guess.

It then also kinda opens up another installer within the level.zip and begins installing automatically.

In other words just run the execution and all should do automatically.

Im installing this instance. Good luck and have fun.

Last edited by MuseSeeker (2006-08-26 11:24:27)

Zodiaccup
+42|6699

MECtallica wrote:

they dont allow ranked with mods. its an unfair advantage. mods are for fun, not ranks or stats.....
EA`s first intention was to allow alternative ranking systems, but with Patch 1.3 this attitude changed
(maybe they got scared, that nobody where going to buy 2142 when a good Bf2-Mod with rank system is available).

Look at this EA Community Update (after 1.3):

Please also note that if you are experiencing CTD issues upon start up that any alternate-ranking redirections in your windows "Hosts" file must be removed.

Thank you,
/The team at Dice and EA

Link: http://www.ea.com/official/battlefield/ … ate_052506

And btw: BF2 is just for fun...

Gentlesouljah.e wrote:

40 minutes until un-passworded version is released!
Erm, the password is: ..]POEv1.0.0[..]BIGthanksTOeveryoneWHOhas SUPPORTEDus]..

Last edited by Zodiaccup (2006-08-26 11:25:39)

SoiCowboy
+2|6756
I should have been more clear.

I downloaded the zip from the link from the poe main site.  Here.

Do I need the torrent from there as well? And how do I work that? I tried unzipping the torrent and just got a txt file of gibberish.

I'm looking for the .exe file but it ain't obvious yet.
Zodiaccup
+42|6699

SoiCowboy wrote:

I should have been more clear.

I downloaded the zip from the link from the poe main site.  Here.

Do I need the torrent from there as well? And how do I work that? I tried unzipping the torrent and just got a txt file of gibberish.

I'm looking for the .exe file but it ain't obvious yet.
The Torrent u downloaded needs an Programm like Bitcomet etc.
But this can take a while.

Just download the .zip from here: http://www.devilbackbones.net/ (u will find it under Community/Download)

Then extract it (password: "..]POEv1.0.0[..]BIGthanksTOeveryoneWHOhas SUPPORTEDus].." ) and
run the setup.
SoiCowboy
+2|6756
Cheers.
Loz
I reject your reality, and substitute my own!
+56|6831|Umm... Home?
Im gona post this here.

If anyone is having trouble with the extraction wizard, just put the password in the littke prompt, click ok than leave it, do somthing else for a few mins. Thats what i did.
Gentlesouljah.e
+14|6615|United States

Loz wrote:

Im gona post this here.

If anyone is having trouble with the extraction wizard, just put the password in the littke prompt, click ok than leave it, do somthing else for a few mins. Thats what i did.
i did that...but the wizard kept freezing....i'd check task manager and it said "Not responding".
The extraction wizard works perfectly fine up to the time I enter the password....then it freezes and locks up or something.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6997|Bryan/College Station, TX
This Mod is amazing. Simply stunning in just about every respect. POE2 is perhaps one of the best Mods for any FPS I have ever seen. Those that want a bit more realism in BF2's engine will get it here. Please do yourself a favor and go to the POE website and READ THE FUCKIN MANUAL (RTFM)! You will realize very quickly that every vehicle has new functions to them and what you think isn't what you get.

For example. Did you know the Attack Choppers have Laser Guided missles and AA missles as well as guns and regular dumbfire missles? Also did you know that your gunner has two gunner settings which are different in the Hind and the Eurocopter? If you didn't then you didn't RTFM! Bad Geek!

Give this a try. You will not be disappointed. Two Thumbs Way Up!

P.S. The Hind handles like quicksand and the Euro Copter is very fast.

Last edited by kilroy0097 (2006-08-26 11:50:38)

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
Gentlesouljah.e
+14|6615|United States

kilroy0097 wrote:

This Mod is amazing. Simply stunning in just about every respect. POE2 is perhaps one of the best Mods for any FPS I have ever seen. Those that want a bit more realism in BF2's engine will get it here. Please do yourself a favor and go to the POE website and READ THE FUCKIN MANUAL (RTFM)! You will realize very quickly that every vehicle has new functions to them and what you think isn't what you get.

For example. Did you know the Attack Choppers have Laser Guided missles and AA missles as well as guns and regular dumbfire missles? Also did you know that your gunner has two gunner settings which are different in the Hind and the Eurocopter? If you didn't then you didn't RTFM! Bad Geek!

laser guided missles in choppers.....my dream has come true...there is a god
[n00b]Tyler
Banned
+505|6747|Iceland

kilroy0097 wrote:

GUTFURL! = Give us the fucking url
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6915

[n00b]Tyler wrote:

kilroy0097 wrote:

Are you blind?
[n00b]Tyler
Banned
+505|6747|Iceland

usmarine2005 wrote:

[n00b]Tyler wrote:

kilroy0097 wrote:

Are you blind?
i know the site marnie i just dont feel like clicking the bars on it ^_^
Zodiaccup
+42|6699

[n00b]Tyler wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

[n00b]Tyler wrote:

Are you blind?
i know the site marnie i just dont feel like clicking the bars on it ^_^
I got it in my favorites: http://www.pointofexistence.com/pns/PN/html/

Last edited by Zodiaccup (2006-08-26 11:59:51)

Trigger_Happy_92
Uses the TV missle too much
+394|6803
Wooooooo Launch Time!!!
ShotYourSix
Boldly going nowhere...
+196|6872|Las Vegas
Here ya go, direct download: POE2 1.0 Client

http://www.mygm.org/mygm/downloads/inde … amp;id=120

Key:

..]POEv1.0.0[..]BIGthanksTOeveryoneWHOhasSUPPORTEDus]..

Last edited by ShotYourSix (2006-08-26 12:38:36)

N)!(NDarkDragon
Banned
+158|6675
Installing now. This is a promising mod.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard