Krysiss
+15|6445|NL

GotMex? wrote:

I just made a new account to see what kind of SPM and KDR i'm really getting and I gotta say, I never realized how unbalanced this game is for people who don't have the upgraded weapons.

I mean sure you have the AK which does some BS shots all the time. And you also have the best sniper rifles, semi-autos and M24. But the rest of the weapons are the biggest pieces of shit ever.

It was quite hard to land good shots as USMC specially. And anyone with a G36 would kill me immediatelly regardless of how many times I'd hit them. I found myself scavenging for weapons everywhere in hopes of picking up these accurate weapons instead of my BS bb-guns to be able to take on the opposite team.

Don't think I'm gonna be playing much with the new account, it was quite frustrating to be honest.
I play with standard weapons and still mange to get kdr of 2 on 64 player map.
geez .

how to shoot is the bigger question
Noop-Ni
ROAR
+14|6469
Well, some of the guns are better. I mean, sure, you can want them to be balanced, but they're not. There's really no way to claim something like the PP19 is even with the P90, 'cause it's not.

The good thing is that almost all the weapons are very close to each other in terms of usability. One might be a bit better, sure, but not by much, so it really doesn't matter if you're using unlocks or not. I don't use unlocks, and I still do pretty well most of the time.

GotMex? wrote:

I just made a new account to see what kind of SPM and KDR i'm really getting and I gotta say, I never realized how unbalanced this game is for people who don't have the upgraded weapons.

I mean sure you have the AK which does some BS shots all the time. And you also have the best sniper rifles, semi-autos and M24. But the rest of the weapons are the biggest pieces of shit ever.

It was quite hard to land good shots as USMC specially. And anyone with a G36 would kill me immediatelly regardless of how many times I'd hit them. I found myself scavenging for weapons everywhere in hopes of picking up these accurate weapons instead of my BS bb-guns to be able to take on the opposite team.

Don't think I'm gonna be playing much with the new account, it was quite frustrating to be honest.
I will beat you with any stock, any day.
Krysiss
+15|6445|NL

GotMex? wrote:

Fine then... go f*** yourselves. I'm gonna go sit in a corner now and think about how I suck at BF2 for not being able to use the stock weapons, I hope you are all happy now.

Just one note... if they are so great, why do the majority of players use the unlocked weapons? Surely it's not because they are harder to use and more of a challenge. Whoever says that G36 family isn't the best group of weapons in the game, I challenge you to 1on1 and we'll see then.
And why do clans own public people with the normal stock weapons.

GotMex? wrote:

Fine then... go f*** yourselves. I'm gonna go sit in a corner now and think about how I suck at BF2 for not being able to use the stock weapons, I hope you are all happy now.

Just one note... if they are so great, why do the majority of players use the unlocked weapons? Surely it's not because they are harder to use and more of a challenge. Whoever says that G36 family isn't the best group of weapons in the game, I challenge you to 1on1 and we'll see then.
Because the majority of players play in pubs and have the ability to use unlocks. They think that just because you have to unlock it, means that it's automatically better then everything else.
pure_beef_69
Banned
+186|6617
Snub nosed Uzi owns the MP5
CHinese n USMC shotty owns MP7
Desert EAgle owns the USMC, CHINESE pistol
Spas 12 owns the USMC and Chinese shottys

The Spas 12 is hard to get in this game though, especially on mashtur!
AmbassadorofPain
+34|6628|Devil's Perch

GotMex? wrote:

kontrolcrimson wrote:

I love the standard guns. im doing rather well with them.
So basically, it could just be that I suck with them.
It takes more practice to get used to killing with the M16 than it takes to kill with an AK. With the AK, spray & pray gets the job done. If you want accuracy or kill more than 1 guy per clip, you'll learn to aim. With the M16, you can't spray & pray, therefore you need a completely different combat style. But it is possible to kill 3 guys with one clip even on SF's Iron Gator.

Nevertheless, I really don't know anyone who wouldn't drop a standard USMC assault/medic kit in favor of the MEC or PLA equivalent.

Last edited by AmbassadorofPain (2006-08-26 08:27:14)

Proud member of a dead community.
KovertKila
+0|6448
I really like the stock guns, but do use unlocks sometimes, especialy when playing AT. I have noticed thatI get a lot of rubber bullets with the M-16 though.
pure_beef_69
Banned
+186|6617

KovertKila wrote:

I really like the stock guns, but do use unlocks sometimes, especialy when playing AT. I have noticed thatI get a lot of rubber bullets with the M-16 though.
The m-16 is only good with the scope and silencer unlock, its too hard without them
Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6759|England
I would take an M16 over a G36E/G36C/G3 anytime.
Ak’s are the best guns in the game.
The PKM is SHIT compared to the RPK74.
The M24 is WAY more accurate than the M95.
In fact the only unlock that might be better than stock is the DA012.
Hooten-Delta
+2|6470

Kobrakai wrote:

I would take an M16 over a G36E/G36C/G3 anytime.
Ak’s are the best guns in the game.
The PKM is SHIT compared to the RPK74.
The G3 > M16 for three simple reasons. (1) higher damage and more accurate (2) full auto (3) you can use regular nades instead of the launcher. 10 fewer rounds per clip...bah, who cares if you kill faster.

AK-47 rules for sure. But I will pick the G3 if I need to throw nades in certain situations.

Last edited by Hooten-Delta (2006-08-26 11:48:40)

N)!(NDarkDragon
Banned
+158|6492
Stock guns own. Unlocks suck ass.
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6597|Warlord

Marinejuana wrote:

also, a common trade off with the nice unlocks is that you get less ammo. the p90 gives you 3 clips! the m16 gives you something like 7.
Yeah, but it is three mags (not clips) of 50 rounds apiece. That's still 150 rounds total, slightly less than the MP5 user carries but you get a scope that's easier for many people to aim well with, plus the larger individual magazines can help you take down multiple opponents without running out of ammo at the worst possible time. It's a tradeoff, as are most unlocks in the game.

BTW it's not "something like 7" for the M16, it's six.

Kobrakai wrote:

Exactly double.

Kobrakai wrote:

Have you forgotten about the L96A1?
inhumane_assailant
+3|6654|england

aLi3nZ wrote:

My new account seems to be going ok with just the standard weapons...

http://bf2s.com/player/76534579/
you got 1000 points in 2 hours? am i missing something here or did i just read your stats wrong lol
aLi3nZ
+138|6477|New Zealand

inhumane_assailant wrote:

aLi3nZ wrote:

My new account seems to be going ok with just the standard weapons...

http://bf2s.com/player/76534579/
you got 1000 points in 2 hours? am i missing something here or did i just read your stats wrong lol
You read right, 7.4 SPM.

Mainly AK-101 and M16 used.
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6561|Reisterstown, MD

ak 101 and m4 ftw!!!
lord_tyler_486
+54|6723|Upper Franconia

killer21 wrote:

ak 101 and m4 ftw!!!
The M4 might be good, but I don't use it because it looks so ugly like the AK-74U, but the G36C is so much cooler.
senor_fulff
+25|6730|Yorkshire, UK.
The standard pump-action shotties kick ass... they are lethal at up to about 30ft. MEC standard LMG is also pretty decent too... but as sgt bob says you just need to master each weapon with a slightly different playing style.
w00stafa
Krylov Whore
+35|6529|AK101 Factory
The M16, AK101&47:- no more be said.  Also the MP5 is suprisingly good; Due to clan matches I never use unlocks, as using them on pubbys would put me out of practice.  The difference is not massive, each weapon is good in the hands of the right player and each has thier own characteristics, tit for tat; each to thier own. Etc.
ReDmAn_ThE_uNiQuE
oh hai :D
+156|6622|The Netherlands
the only not standard weapon i use is a m95

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard