Poll

If you lived in New Orleans after Katrina, would you vote for Nagin?

Yes. Did the best he could for the City.36%36% - 16
No. He doesn't deserve to lead the Big Easy.63%63% - 28
Total: 44
13rin
+977|6496
Suppose you lived in New Orleans and were to vote for the Mayor.  After all of Ray Nagan's antics -Would you vote for him or someone to replace him?
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
AAFCptKabbom
+127|6675|WPB, FL. USA
Needs to be replaced however, he should have some kind of role in the rebuilding process.

Certainly is coming off as a racist and fooking idiot all at the same time.

The comment to a reporter about N.Y. City not being able to fill the hole from the World Trade Center in five years was about a 172,642 on a scale of 1 to 10 on the stupid scale.

Kaboom.
Sheep of War
+40|6660
He loves him some chocolate. It wasn't ALL that guy. The feds did their part in creating non-existent/misguided help.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6618|132 and Bush

Not unless he was talking about white chocolate.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6789|PNW

Then need to rebuild New Orleans...somewhere else.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6668|USA

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Then need to rebuild New Orleans...somewhere else.
N.I.M.B.Y.

Not In My Back Yard
Ikarti
Banned - for ever.
+231|6726|Wilmington, DE, US
Only if he delivers on this promise of the CHOCOLATE CITY!

Though I heard he was out being an asshole again about something or other recently.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6668|USA

Ikarti wrote:

Only if he delivers on this promise of the CHOCOLATE CITY!

Though I heard he was out being an asshole again about something or other recently.
The savior of New Orleans against WHITE TYRANNY being an asshole??!!!......I refuse to believe that!!
jonsimon
+224|6512
He didn't do anything particularly wrong during the event. Its just the dumb things he said later on.

I followed the whole incident pretty closely through a group of people that weathered the storm in the building of their webhosting company. The local authorities seemed to be doing what they could, it was the national gaurd and fema that were totally out of line.

I wouldn't say no nagin because of his handling of the disaster, but comments like "chocolate city" are just hard to explain.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6668|USA

jonsimon wrote:

He didn't do anything particularly wrong during the event. Its just the dumb things he said later on.

I followed the whole incident pretty closely through a group of people that weathered the storm in the building of their webhosting company. The local authorities seemed to be doing what they could, it was the national gaurd and fema that were totally out of line.

I wouldn't say no nagin because of his handling of the disaster, but comments like "chocolate city" are just hard to explain.
jonsimon, Nagin didn't do ANYHING, let alone anything wrong during Katrina. Also please note that the national gaurd is under control of the STATE not the Feds.

I guess it was the right call for Nagin and the governor not to use the so many hundreds of school buses for evacuation, or the trains that AMTRAK offered for evacuation. If you followed this as close as you say, you know this to be true.
JG1567JG
+110|6605|United States of America
Didn't the Governer also refuse call up her own National Gaurd and not allow the National Gaurd in from other states.  Didn't she (the governer) also initially refuse to ask the feds for help, which delayed FEMA from doing their jobs. Also what about the buses and trains that lowing mentioned. Why did the Cheif of Police (who takes orders from the mayor) give orders to confiscate all guns in New Orleans from law abiding citizens when half the police force evacuated or ran after the shit hit the fan.

Ray Nagin and Kathleen Blanco are a disgrace to New Orleans and Louisiana Politics.

Last edited by JG1567JG (2006-08-26 09:24:14)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6668|USA

JG1567JG wrote:

Didn't the Governer also refuse call up her own National Gaurd and not allow the National Gaurd in from other states.  Didn't she (the governer) also initially refuse to ask the feds for help, which delayed FEMA from doing their jobs. Also what about the buses and trains that lowing mentioned. Why did the Cheif of Police (who takes orders from the mayor) give orders to confiscate all guns in New Orleans from law abiding citizens when half the police force evacuated or ran after the shit hit the fan.

Ray Nagin and Kathleen Blanco are a disgrace to New Orleans and Louisiana Politics.
UHHHHHH Yuuuuuuuuuup!!
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6546|Global Command
I was gonna make a thread about this but my computer froze before I posted it, so here it is;
Man, Ray Nagin, you ass. Could there be a more despicable mayor?
https://i8.tinypic.com/25kiuzd.jpg
This guy, when questioned as to why wrecked and abandoned cars were still on the street a year later
compared New Orleans situation to that of Ground Zero.

He should be eviserated.

Looters and corrupt politicians should be nerfed like the karma system

Last edited by ATG (2006-08-26 10:21:34)

Jinto-sk
Laid Back Yorkshireman
+183|6608|Scarborough Yorkshire England
For the none Americans can someone post some links to articles of the things he has done good/bad please
Kurazoo
Pheasant Plucker
+440|6701|West Yorkshire, U.K
Michael Jackson ftw!
SGT.Slayero
+98|6482|Life in a vacuum sucks
Nagin is a mofo
znozer
Viking fool - Crazy SWE
+162|6561|Sverige (SWE)

Jinto-sk wrote:

For the none Americans can someone post some links to articles of the things he has done good/bad please
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6668|USA
LOL, also I remember a story where Jesse Jackson showed up with his "posse" on some travel buses, got off, made a speech about how the people were abandoned by the whitey, got on and evacuated no one with him...

anyone else remember that??
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6711|The Ville
speaking of new orleans turn it on fox news, theres another tropical storm heading straight towards new orleans on katrina's 1 year annaversary. This is going to be f*cked up

Last edited by Obiwan (2006-08-26 13:58:26)

13rin
+977|6496

znozer wrote:

Jinto-sk wrote:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Ray+Nagin

Pick any
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6668|USA
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1510782/posts

oh well, jesse jackson tried I guess. lol
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6559|Texas - Bigger than France
I work with a guy who lost his house during Katrina, moved to Texas.  He voted for Nagin.  Reason: the guy running against him was about "twice as bad as Nagin, and was corrupt".  He said he would have rather voted for someone else, but no one else stepped up.

Hard to believe that someone can be worse than that guy...based on his on air antics...
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6668|USA
IS it my imagination, or did all the "It's Bush's fault" crowd kinda disappear when Nagin and Blanco and all thier BS were mentioned in this thread??
FesterTheMolester
BF2s US Server Admin, IRC>Forums
+157|6657|The Mind Of A Cereal Killer
blame BUSH, not Nagin
13rin
+977|6496

Pug wrote:

I work with a guy who lost his house during Katrina, moved to Texas.  He voted for Nagin.  Reason: the guy running against him was about "twice as bad as Nagin, and was corrupt".  He said he would have rather voted for someone else, but no one else stepped up.

Hard to believe that someone can be worse than that guy...based on his on air antics...
Yea.  A guy I'm paying to mount a ringneck duck I shot is dealing with it too.  His brother-in-law was there for katrina.  Lost his house.  Finally got a check to rebuild from his insurance.  2/3'rds done building his new house and has a stroke.  Dead at 41.  Sad.  Hard to imagine anyone worse than Nagan though..

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard