Sheep of War
+40|6659
Does anyone know if widescreen is going to be supported in 2142?
durkamoz
+5|6705
ugh

I would be soooo happy if they had the widescreen support and multiple processor support
starman7
+15|6741
Multiple processor support will probably be included (heck, most high-end games probably support it), but I don't know about wide-screen.  Some players on regular screens may complain that the wider FOV gives wide-screeners an unfair advantage.  And it may be a bit difficult to program in.
durkamoz
+5|6705

starman7 wrote:

Multiple processor support will probably be included (heck, most high-end games probably support it), but I don't know about wide-screen.  Some players on regular screens may complain that the wider FOV gives wide-screeners an unfair advantage.  And it may be a bit difficult to program in.
I think that is a bunch of BS

I paid the wide screen, I should get to use it properly.

That is like saying somebody with a high end video card running it with everything on high shouldn't be allowed to because people with shitty video cards are at an unfair advantage.

Half Life 2 with the wide screen resolution is tits
Sheep of War
+40|6659
The whole cheating thing is BS. I also think that it wouldn't be that hard to implement it properly,
[RSN]FSK.nor
+16|6685
Can I set the resolution to a higher than usual, as we could in BF2? My lcd is all blury at 1280x960, i need 1680x1050.
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6563|Doncaster, UK
I can see why people would feel that having a widescreen resolution would give you a sort of advantage, and knowing DiCE it would probably allow you to see round corners while not being seen yourself.

I do know that in an interview some guy from DiCE has explicitly stated that widescreen support will not be implemented in BF2142.

I don't have a widescreen myself so I assume that when you run BF2 in a resolution to fill your monitor it just stretches it. Doesn't that look weird?

What I would like to see is dual monitor support, being able to have the game playing on one monitor and the map open on another. Now that would rock.
Snipe=UKLF=
+17|6634|UK
The mini map is slighty egg shaped which does look at bit weird at first (but you soon get used to it), apart from that its not really much different, maybe a little more chunky than usual.

You can also use centered timings to stop the picture being stretched to take up the entire screen.
Raxor
Enemy Boat Spotted
+17|6861|United Kingdom
i just run it in a window keeps the aspect fine and i can have ts and other programs around the side
durkamoz
+5|6705
I am forcing 1680X1050 but when I do that it cuts the top off a bit.

So in essensce I am losing some of my FOV because I have widescreen.
JaM3z
Banned
+311|6727
480x240 res FTW
Frytrixa
+10|6643|Germany
The Beta forums are full of posts were they want widescreen support. I personally hate to play with streched HUD and cut off sides

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard