megaboost
+14|6653|Englandshire
BF2... smooth, fluid, nice graphics, good gameplay... no gripes.

Then I switch to SF to play and suddenly I'm in a lag hell that makes me swear, no matter what server, no matter what ping.... it sucks balls.

Yes I could turn my graphics right down and see if that sorts it but if it's fine on the base BF2 why the devil should SF suddenly turn to crap?

Anyway I don't need any replies, just wanted to rant.
cohen1976
+14|6737
thats why i dont play SF
jamesb
Joined BF2s in November 2005
+133|6694|Doncaster, England
I know how you feel.
[BF2s]Connor
The Young One
+20|6440|Wigan---Manchester---UK---
Am i the only one who it doesnt effect?

i dont lag at all and ive not got the best setup...
topthrill05
+125|6548|Rochester NY USA
Have to take the good with the bad. I can run bf2 on Med settings, but with SF I just keep things on low. Just remember that all the dynamic light and lighting it self pisses off SF for some reason. In fact AF and EF don't work as well and vanilla. Odd.
pers0nah
Waste Kid
+271|6552|MANCHESTERRR
SF rules
Ditsch
Need another Monster
+3|6563|Chandler, Arizona
I never get that when I play and I don't have a good system.
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6739|Human Meat Shield
Obviously the people that have problems just bought it. Everyone USED to have problems, until they used thier brain and figured out the SF package uses more graphics and shadows. IF its lagging for you then turn down your high powered Star Wars Graphic card, then put on your Urkel glasses to see how you DONT lag.

Or better yet stay out of SF. We dont need complainers.
megaboost
+14|6653|Englandshire

imdead wrote:

Oooooo hark at you!
11sog_raider
a gaurdian of life
+112|6429|behind my rifle
i dont run into lag unless im on levithan, thats the only map i lag on
Tjasso
the "Commander"
+102|6493|the Netherlands
angry >> YES server update finds only 40 servers to choose from

do i get exp medic if i bitch and moan 44 posts in bf2s ??? aaah please !!!!!???

Last edited by Tjasso (2006-08-24 02:30:42)

Axon
Jet Whore
+107|6467
I lend it from a friend, just to get the unlocks.
megaboost
+14|6653|Englandshire
I had an hour on it last night, not too bad to begin with but Warlord got a bit laggy - I guess I'm going to have to bite the bullet and turn the settings down.

Out of interest will this also turn settings down for vanilla BF2 or just in SF?
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6739|Human Meat Shield
Playing a full 64 in the palace with constant nade throwing takes alot of the servers CPU because of the constant splash, noise, pixels flying..etc. Its a confined space according to OSHA.
Toonces7
+11|6544|Iowa
SF > Vanilla
Jejjk
My "Page Up" has never been used.
+40|6577|Sweden
I have NEVER encountered lag until yesterday, when I let my friend choose sever, and he took a server half way around the globe. It really sucks, and I feel sorry for you guys who have to deal with it every time you play.

@Tjasso: EA UK Killing fields - warlord only, you can get every medal on that server, if your skilled.
Oh and its a good server.
Souljah
+42|6638

Toonces7 wrote:

SF > Vanilla
QFT!!!!
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6651|Disaster Free Zone

imdead wrote:

Obviously the people that have problems just bought it. Everyone USED to have problems, until they used thier brain and figured out the SF package uses more graphics and shadows. IF its lagging for you then turn down your high powered Star Wars Graphic card, then put on your Urkel glasses to see how you DONT lag.
I need a better graphics card, I have everything set to low and still lag sometimes on SF's (mostly Iron Gator, and when flying). I even sometimes lag playing vanilla (but thats rare) with everything set to low. I hope they fix it in the patch. I could get a new gfx but I'd probably need a new mother board, which would mean i may as well get a new comp while I'm at it. And I really cant justify spending $1k + so BF2 SF lags a little less when everything else on the comp runs fine.

imdead wrote:

This statement is so true, deal with it or fuck off I say... I deal with it cause SF is so good its worth the occasional lag.

Last edited by DrunkFace (2006-08-24 19:49:06)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard