Diogenese
Philosopher King
+16|6592|New York State, USA

CommieChipmunk wrote:

mind altering substances

if your life is fucked up enough to want to mess with your brain then be go right ahead...

.. look forward to the shit it serves though.

somewhere they took like 30 harvard grads, gave them a hard math test and the average score was in the 90%s.  They gave them 3 joints a day for a month and the vast majority failed it (i'd look it up but i dont really care). 

so i guess if the rest of your life doesnt require a brain (going into things like politics) then be my guest, otherwise, your jewing yourself out of a lot of life
I smoked my way through college and got my MA in philosophy w/ a 3.8. For whatever that's worth. I,m no genius, so it's not like I lost half my brain capacity and sailed through.
Oh, and I'm quite happy w/ my life. Eudiamonia Via Ataraxia.

Last edited by Diogenese (2006-08-23 20:39:06)

Diogenese
Philosopher King

Ryan86th wrote:

Tushers wrote:

I don't know about this sure i think if it was lehgalized i still wouldnt do it cuz it would make my future much more shittier then it al ready is...hell i tried it its not for me the best thing about being sober is u get to watch everyone else fuck up and remind em...hell i was at a party and this kid totaly pissed his pants almost none remeberd but me and i told the whole fucing school kuz this kid was an fucking jock fudge packer and he wan't to beat the shit outta me but most people had my back, would of been a fair fight heh not rly me 205 pounds mostly muscle i have 20% body fat then u got this scrawny ass kid whos about 130 and about 14% body fat and kant even beanch 100 pounds...i think i have tehn upper hand, BTW i can bench about 150 at 15 reps...but i am reder then  a fat person after getting of the toilet heh...IDK drugs are fine aslong s they only fuck up the lifes of the people who use them...but as soon as a stoner kills somone driving stoned heh fuck that law and through the son of a bitch in jail...it should be like drinking except much more tighter drinking hell ill drink 9 beers and il be over the limit and i wont even feel em but what ev i dont know if i would choose to legalize it
you just butchered the English language

that or learn to type, either one
DITTO!
AlbertWesker[RE]
Not Human Anymore
+144|6641|Seattle, WA

Diogenese wrote:

I smoked my way through college and got my MA in philosophy w/ a 3.8. For whatever that's worth. I,m no genius, so it's not like I lost half my brain capacity and sailed through.
Not to be offensive or anything (God knows I do that enough), but a phil. degree is not all that much IMHO, Its really not that hard of a subject, IMHO, You basically just have to think about stuff, and comment on stuff, and make up some bs here and there, and there are hard areas I agree, but for the most part, its a little too....wishy washy.  I'm sure you can do some cool stuff with that degree, but the fact you smoked it up and were able to get a 3.8 on a phil track, doesn't sound like it would be that hard.  Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm a CJ/Law major.

I may be a little biased, I have taken a few phil courses, and boy wow the professor was a complete asshole, disrespected my opinions and deviated from the course plan, we didn't read the textbooks and only talked 65% of the time about how Bush is evil and stupid and how the Iraq war is a war for oil and how we are making so much money off of it, and I sit in class and ask for facts and just get flamed.  And I still get no facts.  I don't see how that is logical.  That class kinda fuxed philosophy for me.
PRiMACORD
+190|6622|Home of the Escalade Herds

Ryan86th wrote:

jonsimon wrote:

Technically it's impossible to OD on Marijuana.
i'm sorry, but are people posting on this thread incredibly fuckin retarded?
Why don't you do a little research before you call someone else a fuckin retard?

You can't OD off marijuana.

Idiot...
Diogenese
Philosopher King
AlbertWesker[RE] wrote "Not to be offensive or anything (God knows I do that enough), but a phil. degree is not all that much IMHO, Its really not that hard of a subject, IMHO, You basically just have to think about stuff, and comment on stuff, and make up some bs here and there, and there are hard areas I agree, but for the most part, its a little too....wishy washy.  I'm sure you can do some cool stuff with that degree, but the fact you smoked it up and were able to get a 3.8 on a phil track, doesn't sound like it would be that hard.  Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm a CJ/Law major."

I am sorry for your bad experience. Philosophy is anything but easy and wishy washy.  It is very organized into disciplines and requires much deep thought and reading. The papers one must write for this subject are lengthy and every attention to detail must be payed. The arguements need not only require logic, but reason and defensibility. It is a great way to start out for law. Speaking of wishy washy. I took many advanced law classes, mainly revolving around Constitutional law and medical ethics, and their is some wishy washy shit. At least to me... pnumbras and such. My point was that an overgeneralization about pot is ignorant, and that many responsible and productive people use it recreationally. I found it helped sometimes getting into Kant and many of the pre-socratics. I think you should sign up for a good modern ethics class or something dealing w/ early philosophy, ie pre-socratics, cuz your Prof. was a douch w/ his own agenda. I specialized in ethics, Utilitarianism, Kantianism, Sartre, and other existentialisits.  It is some deep shit and far from BS. I believe that it is as important as religion is to the faithful.  How to lead a "Good" life has real value and many on this planet could benefit greatly from some reasonable, logical, and just thought about what it is they really believe and if it makes sense. Eudiamonia via ataraxia...  Happiness by way of freedom from pain.
Good luck at school... just what this world needs is more lawyers.
PS. Is it CJ or pre-law?

Last edited by Diogenese (2006-08-24 00:32:31)

rawls
Banned
+11|6812|California, USA

PRiMACORD wrote:

Ryan86th wrote:

jonsimon wrote:

Technically it's impossible to OD on Marijuana.
i'm sorry, but are people posting on this thread incredibly fuckin retarded?
Why don't you do a little research before you call someone else a fuckin retard?

You can't OD off marijuana.

Idiot...
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6669|Colorado

Diogenese wrote:

many responsible and productive people use it recreationally

Last edited by TrollmeaT (2006-08-24 04:49:18)

BVC
+325|6692

Diogenese wrote:

Go the philosophy degrees!  Only doing an undergrad (BSc double major with computer science) but am halfway through the phil major!

What part of it did you like the most?  I'm quite fond of logic
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6713
look at how well the dutchies are! weed is legal there, a lot of ppl wont do weed if its legal since a lot of them think its no fun
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
CronicjoeBlunt
+5|6550|SoCal
if drugs were legal, law enforcement would loose millions in funding they currently get to fight it and we all would see a triple increase in the amount of tickets we get as well as the fines amounts for each overnight

Oh yea COPS would probably go off the air too lmao
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6713

CronicjoeBlunt wrote:

if drugs were legal, law enforcement would loose millions in funding they currently get to fight it and we all would see a triple increase in the amount of tickets we get as well as the fines amounts for each overnight

some drugs are legal... if all drugs are illegal a lot of ppl would be dead by now. marijuana is ok, but other shit like heroin and cocaine is not.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Colfax
PR Only
+70|6641|United States - Illinois

CronicjoeBlunt wrote:

That would be replaced with the millions they'd make from selling it out of their stock piles.  I'd like to see any unbiased studies on marijuana deaths compared to like drunk driving.  Because i would think people being killed by alcohol is higher.  Not saying that should be illegal but it is all about how responsible you are with alcohol why couldn't it just be the same with pot.
BVC
+325|6692
Whose more likely to start a fight and hurt someone, a person whose drunk or a person whose stoned?
CronicjoeBlunt
+5|6550|SoCal
My opinion, it is none of my business what you or anyone else does to their body. The only thing I need worry about is punishing the guy for stealing or robbery if that is how he tries to get his funds for it. If you get robbed then bust the guy who did it for robbing you, why he did it doesn't matter. Only that he did matters. If you try get into why what happens when the guy did it to pay for his surgery or put his kid thru school. What becomes "ok" and what doesn't? Kinda like suicide, the only crime you can get away with if you suceed. just ask them if they really what to do it and they say yea then hell i'll help them load the gun and make room for the rest of us with a brain to live a little better/safer.
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6650|pimelteror.de

AlbertWesker[RE] wrote:

I am an uber conservative and I think we should legalize pot in America, and tax the living bejeezus out of it.  If you want to get high, than pay extra money, just like taxes on alcohol and cigarrettes.  This would solve a lot of financial issues in some state governments.  Bam!
agreed. marijuana smoking is a fact. legalize it, put tax on it. why should those mafia-wankers get the billions, when the society could have them?
gbr.hitman
Fair Play!
+21|6597|Warwickshire, England

Pubic wrote:

Whose more likely to start a fight and hurt someone, a person whose drunk or a person whose stoned?
Drinking alcohol makes you violent, unlike cannabis which chills you out. So a person who is drunk will more likely to start a fight than a stoner.

I am a cannabis smoker and have been for the past 5 years, and I am clever believe it or not!

I think they should legalise cannabis but they should put a good amount of tax on it. I would love to go to a shop and ask for a pack of 20 B&H spliffs, instead of rolling them myself.

There are lots of positives from legalising cannabis. It should reduce the amount of dealers, it would give the government more money to spend, and they would make sure that the cannabis has no added ingredients like soap bar has etc. Obviously there would be negatives like if people buy cannabis they might want to try other drugs etc, but in my opinion the positives outway the negatives
JahManRed
wank
+646|6625|IRELAND

Weed should be decriminalized. You shouldn't be thrown in jail for enjoying a smoke of a natural growing plant in the comfort of your own home doing no one any harm. Booze is 100 times worse.
I would be in favor of legalizing all drugs. As so much crime is created by junkies trying to get money and so much money is spent on cops trying to catch the junkies. If ppl want to be junkies, make the junk clean and available to them so they leave the rest of us alone. The current drug laws haven't stemmed the increase in drug users so a new approach is needed.

Deaths from drugs:

TOBACCO ........................ 400,000
   ALCOHOL ........................ 100,000
   ALL LEGAL DRUGS ................  20,000
   ALL ILLEGAL DRUGS ..............  15,000
   CAFFEINE .......................   2,000
   ASPIRIN ........................     500
   MARIJUANA ......................       0
   ----------------------------------------
   Source: United States government...
           National Institute on Drug Abuse,
           Bureau of Mortality Statistics

Last edited by JahManRed (2006-08-24 05:43:44)

Ikarti
Banned - for ever.
+231|6706|Wilmington, DE, US
Weed turns obnoxious teenagers into obnoxious teenagers that only talk about weed.
Diogenese
Philosopher King

Pubic wrote:

Diogenese wrote:

Go the philosophy degrees!  Only doing an undergrad (BSc double major with computer science) but am halfway through the phil major!

What part of it did you like the most?  I'm quite fond of logic
Ewwwww.  I hated Logic. All that P&Q BS.  I got through it, lets just say that.
Congrat's, it is a noble discipline. I double majored by BA w/ Psych.
Who's your favorite?  Mine is Nietzche and other Existentialists.
This is a hijacking!!!!

Last edited by Diogenese (2006-08-24 12:11:36)

Diogenese
Philosopher King

Pubic wrote:

Is this a BILL HICKS quote?
A fight starting w/ pot heads.
Pot head 1. Hey!
Pot head 2. Hey!
Pot head 1. What?
Pot head 2. I forget.
Pot head 1. Hey (ad infinitum)
ghettoperson
+1,943|6646

Ikarti wrote:

Weed turns obnoxious teenagers into obnoxious teenagers that only talk about weed.
And this bothers you how?
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6682|United States of America
Sure, it may be true that you can't strictly overdose from puffing the magic dragon, but they do call Mary Jane a "gateway drug." For those of you somehow unfamiliar with the term, you're leading them down a slippery slope into hard core drug use where you can kill yourself. In a sense, I support it to rid our society of the scum who partake in use but not in a practical way. I do enjoy watching doped-out teens and losers getting busted on Cops and Disorderly Conduct, though.
Ether151
Banned
+22|6657

AlbertWesker[RE] wrote:

Diogenese wrote:

Not to be offensive or anything (God knows I do that enough), but a phil. degree is not all that much IMHO, Its really not that hard of a subject, IMHO, You basically just have to think about stuff, and comment on stuff, and make up some bs here and there, and there are hard areas I agree, but for the most part, its a little too....wishy washy.  I'm sure you can do some cool stuff with that degree, but the fact you smoked it up and were able to get a 3.8 on a phil track, doesn't sound like it would be that hard.  Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm a CJ/Law major.

I may be a little biased, I have taken a few phil courses, and boy wow the professor was a complete asshole, disrespected my opinions and deviated from the course plan, we didn't read the textbooks and only talked 65% of the time about how Bush is evil and stupid and how the Iraq war is a war for oil and how we are making so much money off of it, and I sit in class and ask for facts and just get flamed.  And I still get no facts.  I don't see how that is logical.  That class kinda fuxed philosophy for me.
Well I also smoked my way through college and still do to this day.  I have a masters in Mechanical Engineering, I finished with a GPA of 3.4.  And it wasn't easy at all.  Some people it works for and others it doesn't.  Im not saying this to justify smoking.  I am saying it is not as bad as the media makes it out to be nor does it ruin your life.  This happens if you let it control you and you life, the same thing could be said about Alcohol.  Some people are weak and easily influenced by just about anything.  I also agree with you that it would help alot with our debt problem, because the gov't would tax the hell out of it but people would pay, I guess they haven't looked at it like that.

Last edited by Ether151 (2006-08-24 15:02:06)

Ether151
Banned
+22|6657

DesertFox423 wrote:

Sure, it may be true that you can't strictly overdose from puffing the magic dragon, but they do call Mary Jane a "gateway drug." For those of you somehow unfamiliar with the term, you're leading them down a slippery slope into hard core drug use where you can kill yourself. In a sense, I support it to rid our society of the scum who partake in use but not in a practical way. I do enjoy watching doped-out teens and losers getting busted on Cops and Disorderly Conduct, though.
and it is not always a "gateway drug" I have gone to school with alot of people that never smoked before but were hooked bad on coke and other things.  I'm not going to lie I have tryed things but there not me I didn't move on to anything harder.  For me pot was where i stoped.  Pot isn't any worse for you that drinking, drinking is actually harder on you and has more long term effects than pot does.  And it is true that you can't overdose it is impossible you have to consume more than your body weight in a very small amount of time you would pass out way before this ever happened.  And not everyone that smokes pot is a lowlife scumbag looser.  You would be surprised the people that actually do smoke and are doing just fine in life.
Diogenese
Philosopher King

DesertFox423 wrote:

Slippery slope?  Actually, cigarettes and alcohol are the true gateway drugs. 
I am, again, a test case. I have tried a lot of other drugs, but none to my liking. I like pot and that's it. I started w/ cigarettes, then alcohol, then pot, etc. So maybe you should think before you type. Are you christian? Are you southern? Are you a Republican? Are you a Nazi? You sound it. Rid our society of the scum? These are real people with productive and happy lives. You sir need an education and some cooth!

Last edited by Diogenese (2006-08-24 15:19:04)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard