Defiance
+438|6641

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Defiance wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

300 bucks cpu beating down an 800 bucks cpu, thats a bargain to me
Take that same analogy with nVidia quadros and geforces and have it make a little bit of sense, and you get karma.
quadro cards and geforces are made for different uses, one for rendering one for games
That's not what I meant... but close.
CronicjoeBlunt
+5|6523|SoCal
LOL, take note everybody to what I'm about to tell you...................Decemberish is the scheduled release date of the new Nvidia N950 SLI Dual Northbridge based motherboards, this is going to take everything here and make it sound like a lil playschool kiddie computer, you know the ones at toysRus. One of the Northbridge chips will even have a built in memory controller so if they wanted to they could start putting DDR memory slots just for it to use.
AMD is so worried they bought ATI cause they think Nvidia will be revealing a Processor of their own soon after which could put both AMD and Intel on notice so they are trying to get a piece of the video card pie to off set losses..........hmm, just might get interest real fast

For anyone not up on it, northbridge is the most important of the motherboard chips, which is currently 1 northbridge and 1 southbridge. Northbirdge manages most of the data buses between memory, cpu, slots etc.

Last edited by CronicjoeBlunt (2006-08-24 03:42:09)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686
are you high? nvidia making cpus? wow... i dont care for sli, intel 965p chipset is good enough for me and we all know the northbridge has a memory controller...
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Souljah
+42|6637

CronicjoeBlunt wrote:

Oh one other important thing when upgrading or considering to. You have heard the saying, "your chain is only as strong as your weakest link" I'm sure, well your computer is only as fast as the slowest device in the "chain" or path that data must use so the whole thing works as it should. There are certain keyboards that are better than others, or the type of connection, PS2 or USB? The combination for component's snd you're load progess bar under the winxp logo on the load screen only goes once and bam you're desktop is up. think about how many times does yours go by? The less going on at idle the more ready to be used to do what you want it to do, probably at least 45% of the time a customer of mine can see more improvement verses cost by upgrading the leak link in the chain of their pc they own instead of going for a new system. go check out alienware and make your dream pc online, act like money ain't shit to you. I did and the tag was $6999.99(including 21" monitor, keyboard, mouse a 5.1 speakers),  I did a couple of minor changes for a total of $475 too my own system after considering the whole pc option and enjoy bf2 with the best settings possible and play smooth enough to be in the top 10 at the end of the maps for my side. The Alienware $7000 pc, I made someone pc almost exactly like it for half that price, but $3500 is alot more than $475 and benchmarks and everything else aside, my pc plays bf2 as good as his did so if you had $3500 and could make your pc run the way you expect it to for $475 or upgrade for $3500. what could you spend the other $3025 on?
woot my xp loads before the bar even goes across the first time . and ya building your own comp is waaayyyy more cheaper then buying it already built. i built my own for under 2 grand with a 19" 4ms lcd monitor and can run bf2 all on high with 4x aa and 8xaf with no lag. built my cousins one for under $600 and he can play bf2 all on high too. building own comp FTW!!!
CronicjoeBlunt
+5|6523|SoCal

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

are you high? nvidia making cpus? wow... i dont care for sli, intel 965p chipset is good enough for me and we all know the northbridge has a memory controller...
That is the buss and not like this one 8-) for the memory controller, I'm talking dirrect memory addressing for its own workload, not shared with anything else so you'd be putting memory in for your system and sepperate memory for bosting things like hard drives or even a pure dual channel mode for dual core CPU's, in theory iyt should produce the kinds of performance increase similar to when dual channel memory modes came into play. Where suddenly the same amount of memory as before was almost 50% increase in performance due to being able to access both chips in the same clock cycle instead one then the other in the next as single channel mode does.
Think back to before you had a pure 64bit system to what it was like after you got one, only everything is been effected in this way, video, HD, sound. Believe me or not this is like pre-voodo and then hello 3D, mark my words you will be saying damn he wasn't full of shit after all.
i'm not some computer god mind you, but when you've been working on computers since the days of the commidore 64s and had jobs where you were expected to config 40 systems a day minium,
you get to see alot of hardware in alot of different setups. My record was 176 units in one day, and yes 120 of them where just testing 21" monitors before shipping,
the rest where builet proof laptops for the Delnortie police dept with spill proof keyboards for those bad coffee days I am guessing
CronicjoeBlunt
+5|6523|SoCal

Defiance wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Defiance wrote:

Take that same analogy with nVidia quadros and geforces and have it make a little bit of sense, and you get karma.
quadro cards and geforces are made for different uses, one for rendering one for games
Every geforce is actually a quatro if you know the trick how to unlock it that is. Geforce is meant for us and gaming while Qautros are for Pixar and the like.

Example is Geforce 2, move two surface mount resistors from one location to the empty one next to it and tada it's a qautro. Not quite as easy on a newer geforce but still possible if you know what the new trick is for your card. Like the Athlons when you just jumped the 2 points so they changed it and then you had to fill in the little dip before you bridged it to unlock them for overclocking.

As for the $300 cpu versus the $800, I can say that in my hands with the right board and memory I can gaurrantee that the $300 cpu would not beat the AMD and anyone who wants to challenge me on that and can arrange a way to set it up. Anytime you are ready just let me know cause I don't ever say anything if I don't plain on backing up. If I can make a piece of shit emachine fly you can bet your ass that AMD will scream.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686

CronicjoeBlunt wrote:

Defiance wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Every geforce is actually a quatro if you know the trick how to unlock it that is. Geforce is meant for us and gaming while Qautros are for Pixar and the like.

Example is Geforce 2, move two surface mount resistors from one location to the empty one next to it and tada it's a qautro. Not quite as easy on a newer geforce but still possible if you know what the new trick is for your card. Like the Athlons when you just jumped the 2 points so they changed it and then you had to fill in the little dip before you bridged it to unlock them for overclocking.

As for the $300 cpu versus the $800, I can say that in my hands with the right board and memory I can gaurrantee that the $300 cpu would not beat the AMD and anyone who wants to challenge me on that and can arrange a way to set it up. Anytime you are ready just let me know cause I don't ever say anything if I don't plain on backing up. If I can make a piece of shit emachine fly you can bet your ass that AMD will scream.
you dont know what your talking about do you (about conroes)?
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
CronicjoeBlunt
+5|6523|SoCal

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

CronicjoeBlunt wrote:

Defiance wrote:

you dont know what your talking about do you (about conroes)?
Anytime you want to see if that is true you just let me know and consider it done, anytihing I can say I would rather show in action. and just to be fair same video and everything except CPU is your 300 vs the 800  board and memory can be anything you want to use  And if I was rich enough to buy the hardware myself after I whooped your ass with it I would give it to you as a gift just to show no hard feelings cause I expect you to not believe me until you seen it. I love to get a site or something to sponser it then there'd be no excusses for either of us about I couldn't spend that much on my memory, etc.

Just like I know what you would say when I tell you that I use no anti-virus, no active anti-spyware (spybot installed for scan customers drives) no firewall and get 0 pop-ups, 0 ad/spy/malware, 0 viruses and abusolutely 0 spam or gunk mail in my email matter of fact last email I got was on 8/13 from kid. Every one of you could do it to based on the level of tech knowledge I see here in your posts and I don't know why nobody but me and those I've shown actually do but I had someone tell me I was basically playing russian ruolette with a fully loaded gun once.

Oh yea no 3rd party stuff just IE, winxp pro SP1, yep SP1

Last edited by CronicjoeBlunt (2006-08-24 06:09:46)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686
but are you high? core 2 duo E6600 > anything AMD has.
CronicjoeBlunt
+5|6523|SoCal

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Please see above comment to avoid double posting
CronicjoeBlunt
+5|6523|SoCal
Shall I set the rules up or no?
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686

CronicjoeBlunt wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

how is living in a cave like?
CronicjoeBlunt
+5|6523|SoCal
If you want me too I will first thing after I getup but it is now 6:13 am for me so gnight and game on fellow diehards.............8)

PS I am really not trying to be a dick guys, I just am that confedent in my skills and knowledge so please don't take anything here personal, I was lucky enough to be trained by guy who could flash a bios that crash while flashing with a isa video card that had a floppy controler and a scsi isa based card and that is it. amoung a host of other things
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686
core 2 duo still pwns anything amd has.
CronicjoeBlunt
+5|6523|SoCal

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

CronicjoeBlunt wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Ok cmon man either put up or give up but you're trying to set me off and it will not happen cause I know what I am saying and if you don't get it then your loss so how bout you let other post and just think on it awhile, hell you a little research into the stuff I say if you'd like please.......
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6722|Toronto, ON
Let's just say that RD600 is still better.

Oh, and I'm loving my X1950XTX:

https://img209.imageshack.us/img209/741/pict2791air8.th.jpg
Alpha as fuck.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686

CronicjoeBlunt wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

CronicjoeBlunt wrote:

Ok cmon man either put up or give up but you're trying to set me off and it will not happen cause I know what I am saying and if you don't get it then your loss so how bout you let other post and just think on it awhile, hell you a little research into the stuff I say if you'd like please.......
YOU do a little research about core 2 duo... it pwns anything amd has. btw nyte, hows it like working for amd now you must be loving your x1950xtx can you give me one
penguin.killer
+75|6450
i got an intel dual core processor 3.2ghz and 2gig memmory and bf2 works exelent
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686

penguin.killer wrote:

i got an intel dual core processor 3.2ghz and 2gig memmory and bf2 works exelent
were talking about core 2 duos... not pentium d...
CronicjoeBlunt
+5|6523|SoCal
Yea I was paying attention when that came up. Think about this carefully, your computer is only hhas fast as the slowest device you must use to do you task. CPU is NOT EVER THAT DEVICE
ShotYourSix
Boldly going nowhere...
+196|6689|Las Vegas

CronicjoeBlunt wrote:

Anytime you want to see if that is true you just let me know and consider it done, anytihing I can say I would rather show in action. and just to be fair same video and everything except CPU is your 300 vs the 800  board and memory can be anything you want to use  And if I was rich enough to buy the hardware myself after I whooped your ass with it I would give it to you as a gift just to show no hard feelings cause I expect you to not believe me until you seen it. I love to get a site or something to sponser it then there'd be no excusses for either of us about I couldn't spend that much on my memory, etc.

Just like I know what you would say when I tell you that I use no anti-virus, no active anti-spyware (spybot installed for scan customers drives) no firewall and get 0 pop-ups, 0 ad/spy/malware, 0 viruses and abusolutely 0 spam or gunk mail in my email matter of fact last email I got was on 8/13 from kid. Every one of you could do it to based on the level of tech knowledge I see here in your posts and I don't know why nobody but me and those I've shown actually do but I had someone tell me I was basically playing russian ruolette with a fully loaded gun once.

Oh yea no 3rd party stuff just IE, winxp pro SP1, yep SP1
Hmmm.....  I just had an idea for that loaded gun.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686

CronicjoeBlunt wrote:

Yea I was paying attention when that came up. Think about this carefully, your computer is only hhas fast as the slowest device you must use to do you task. CPU is NOT EVER THAT DEVICE
not really, even if you got a slow hard drive, if you got high fsb and fast ram it will make up for that bottleneck. my fps after getting a conroe on a 7900gt increased by 30fps... from a 3.6ghz p4. 1280X1024 all high 4X aa 8X AF
CronicjoeBlunt
+5|6523|SoCal
ok then applying your logic I should be able to make everything esle so bad ass that I could play BF2 online through a 56k dialup without any problems cause the cpu and memory and such will make up for the 56k limitations. well hell time to channel my 3m/768k dsl since I will not need it anymore according to you. I give up you are obiviously very happy in your world and who am I to bring it crashing in on you.

Offer still stands: Same os, video card, hard drive, keyboard, mouse, monitor, 2 gig total memory on your choice of mobo and choice of maker of your memory, me with my choice of board and maker of memory, one week to assemble and fine tune it and then a 3rd party who will play on each one for one hour and they rate it. No overclocking just as sold specs. just promise not to get to upset when it is over k?

do me a favor though and pull up task manager and making sure that show processes from all users is selected and tell me minus one for task manager how many you have running just sitting at your desktop doing nothing, my bet is anywhere from 20 to maybe 35, yea?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

CronicjoeBlunt pick a magazine FFS.
Why don't you post some benches of your skills?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
CronicjoeBlunt
+5|6523|SoCal
sure I can but keep in mind a great 3dmark score doesn't mean it plays bf2 great or vice versa, benchmarks are not good for anything but to test changes you make, ie drivers or settings, to how it scored before you did those changes. I can do a base benchmark then turn around and cheat it as they say and almost increase by half the first score and make everybody go oh and ahh and it wouldn't really mean shit. I got to pick up my kid from school but one I get back I will run a few and post them, last time I ran 3dmark 2001 se I scored 24 or 25k and just updated my chipest drivers so I kinda need to see how they compare to the previous set anyway.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard