majorassult
I <3 ak101
+307|6633|under there hayousaidunderwear

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

I thought the veteran status wasn't applied until the official release?
It isn't
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6662

Winston_Churchill wrote:

does _ work???
and if it doesnt does my account Winston_Churchill still count as a veteran account for BF2142??
Like I said earlier: "no i put Superior_Mind and it worked fine."
                                                    ^ notice the _
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6803
Okay, I'm having trouble with this...

I enter all my stuff and it says this

"BF2 Soldier Name already used by another player"

That means somebody is using MY BF2 NAME  to reserve a name for themselves, right?
I'd like to know how this was made possible.
And I see no technical support link on that page T_T

I jsut read the things Aruba-Prime(orwhateverhisnameis) typed up.
Looks like I'm screwed.
"SlayThem" is registered in BF2, so that means I can't register it in bf2142. and I can't do "=[4th]=SlayThem" because of the character issues.

The "Slaythem" in BF2 is like a private I think.. is there any way to get ahold of EA/DICE and see since he's inactive to allow me to register it?

Last edited by =[4th]=SlayThem (2006-08-23 21:02:29)

Viper007Bond
Moderator Emeritus
+236|6775|Portland, OR, USA

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

The "Slaythem" in BF2 is like a private I think.. is there any way to get ahold of EA/DICE and see since he's inactive to allow me to register it?
I highly, HIGHLY doubt it. Sounds like it's time for a new nick or to wait until October when all nicks are open for registration (and you'll be able to register "Slaythem" if he doesn't before then).
https://bf3s.com/sigs/044900892044e7fc95e599e832a086ae9bcd7efb.png
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6803

Viper007Bond wrote:

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

I highly, HIGHLY doubt it. Sounds like it's time for a new nick or to wait until October when all nicks are open for registration (and you'll be able to register "Slaythem" if he doesn't before then).
WEll this is meant for active BF2 players, he isn't active. I have been a supporter of Battlefield games since BF1942. I think I deserve a little bit of seniority. There's no way I'm going to give up a free rank and unlock just because of some asshat 13 yearold that registered a name and doesn't play it.

Plus, I will never change this name. I've used "slaythem" since MOH: Frontline on the Gamecube. I guess if I have to I'll wait and miss out on the veteran stuff, but ugh that's just lame.

Afew others on the EA forums are having the same problems. I think they'll have to do something about it.
-[Silver.Inc*
BF2s AU Server Admin
+315|6550|Melbourne, Australia.
Damn, I think i'll wait a bit to see if they add in characters like [ ] and | because I wanted si|ver.au or recoi|.au
voltage
+46|6810|Sweden
@=[4th]=SlayThem: I know someone who couldn't register his own name either. It got no special characters and I highly doubt someone else have registered it. Maybe something else went wrong. Perhaps that "other" actually is you?
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6811|Cologne, Germany

well, just to be sure, I'll play the beta with a dífferent name. Since the stats from the beta are wiped when the game goes gold, it doesn't matter anyway.

btw, when I registered for the veteran's program, it told me I couldn't keep the dot, so instead of B.Schuss my BF2142 name will now be BSchuss...roflcakes...
-[Silver.Inc*
BF2s AU Server Admin
The hell, I tried to make the name Silver.au and it says it contains invalid characters...why the hell? can't we even have full stops?
JohnClark
+5|6556|Groningen-The Top of Holland
Check for more problems this topic: http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pid=701390#p701390

The . is also not working.
major
+14|6450
I still dont get how to register to get the instant in game promo etc.
=TF=WaLKeR
+2|6715|Newcastle, UK
Ok, it is very strict about characters. Don't expect to be able to use half the characters you could in BF2.
But, there was talk about ebing able to modify you're name in-game. So I think you should go without clan tags and add them on when the game comes out.

Also, I and many other people I know had problems with this signup. After searching and searching I eventually found a name - So it works.

Just make sure you get your EA member name right and everything should be fine.

If its taking long to load give it a try later sometimes the servers are busy.
-[Silver.Inc*
BF2s AU Server Admin

=TF=WaLKeR wrote:

Ok, it is very strict about characters. Don't expect to be able to use half the characters you could in BF2.
But, there was talk about ebing able to modify you're name in-game. So I think you should go without clan tags and add them on when the game comes out.

Also, I and many other people I know had problems with this signup. After searching and searching I eventually found a name - So it works.

Just make sure you get your EA member name right and everything should be fine.

If its taking long to load give it a try later sometimes the servers are busy.
I don't think they're going to have a name changer as of yet...

I don't see why not though, if America's Army has a name changer (which is a free game, and is statistics based too) i'm sure BF2142 could too...but then again..it is DICE we're talking about.
=TF=WaLKeR
+2|6715|Newcastle, UK
What I beleieve is that these are gonna be your account names. Hence the invalid characters.
THEN we make in game names.
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6803
Well Dashes work... and a dash is "-" that character within the quotations.
So I have "Slay-Them" reserved.
They really need to allow name changes. Like -[Silver.Inc* stated, america's army is free, and is stats based and changing your name is as easy as typing in a new name and hitting OK.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard