dlbenson1979
Mr. 20,000
+23|6473
OK, its no secret....I'm very new at this game. And as with most new players...you suck frequently and usually get killed before you do the killing.

Now a buddy of mine has explained to me on a basic level to use short burst swhen firing and that the when you see the "yellow x", it is a hit.

So with this new information I do become slightly better then before. But here is my question and I am just wondering if there is an explaination to this or if it just me being a noob.

When i see an enemy and fire at him first, I can get 3 or 4 hits in (yellow x's, some head shots some body, i'm actually about 50/50 that way) usually with something like spec-ops, assault, or support. The enemy will then see me, turn my direction and i'm pretty sure I take 2 hits and I'm dead(fast too, some good quick aim out there).

What i'm wondering is: Are the unlocks kits that much better? Could this be a result of having some lag?

I know i need much more practice before I complain, but it is discouraging to not fully understand what is going on. It is difficult to rethink, adjust, and attack when you are uncertain what is happening in the first place.

Just a new BF2 gamer lookin for some honest help! Thanks in advance!!!!
tupla_s
+455|6591|Finland

dlbenson1979 wrote:

Are the unlocks kits that much better? Could this be a result of having some lag?
No unlocks aren't that much better (You can compare them here) and it could be lag (and probably is if you usually have high ping)

Last edited by tupla_s (2006-08-23 11:36:45)

Mr.Casual
p-n*|3eergogglz
+136|6508|Minnesota eh
just keep playing and eventually u will be kill them instead
chuckle_hound
+32|6666|Edinburgh, Scotland
Sometimes it's down to luck, hit box lag means that when someone moves your computer tells you they're in one position, and you shoot there but they're actually in a different position.  So you think you've hitting them whereas in reality you're not.

Part and parcel of online games, if you're getting 50% accuracy though at first you're a damn better player than when I started so keep trying.

Good luck.
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6521
stick the the stock guns (ak,m16,m4,saw,rpk) and youll do fine. just try to go prone and dont just hold it down full auto. also mess around with not using the scope. there arent many guns that i use the scope on anymore, unless they are pretty far away. good luck and once you start getting better, the game becomes a lot more fun.
jord
+2,382|6677|The North, beyond the wall.
Use whatever guns you have the feel for.
mporlier
+42|6639|Montreal, Canada
You think you are getting hit one or two times but probably he was able to get you more without you knowing. Things go very fast in that game and good players will get you in a blink of an eye. Also what kit are you using? Spec-ops and Anti-tank guns will need more hits than assault. AK-47 Shots to Kill Non Armor=3, MP5 Shots to Kill Non Armor=6
Dersmikner
+147|6497|Texas
It still happens to me after months. I have peppered guys in the head with two straight shots from an M95 and they haven't gone down. I've also seen guys running and fired an entire clip into them, only to see them turn and fire once (with incredibly accurate 'in motion' aim I must add) and drop me like a fat chick at the prom. I suspect most servers are littered with guys who are using some subtle hacks.
Crap.Bag
+5|6712
I think you should run around in a team and watch higher ranking players as they mince round the servers

I been playing since last august and I consider myself quite a good player now and there are still times when I have a PKM and someone manages to hear me shooting them sinisterly in the back only to turn round with AK and without me hearing gunshot from their gun I die

Shit Happens just make the most of what might be left of BF2

Best thing to do is choose a kit and a gun you feel comfortable with and use that to get used to levels n players etc then move on to something else

On the unlocks as they said not really I still sometimes use the 1st Anti Tank gun or 2nd Medic rifle over the 3rd unlocks I rarely use these

As IG said always remember ya prone aswell usually means diff in dying or living a long fruitful life and then you can retire in the sunny Costa's

Crap..

Last edited by Crap.Bag (2006-08-23 11:55:30)

Dersmikner
+147|6497|Texas
Or I just STILL suck the biggest johnson on the web. I used to be terrible, but I've gotten better and I think you can tell the difference between getting used and getting cheated.
Jejjk
My "Page Up" has never been used.
+40|6606|Sweden
I personally have problems swithing kits to often, I need a few minutes to figure out how the new weapon works, with aiming, zooming, bulletdrop, bulletspeed and so on.
Pick your favorite weapon and play only with that for a while.
Then you will have a greater chance to win 1-vs-1's.
And look at the video with Volx doing the wormdance, and you know how to become no. 1

PS. Also be aware of what kit the enemy has. If you for example see a shotgun engineer, keep your distance! Ds.

Last edited by Jejjk (2006-08-23 12:08:31)

dlbenson1979
Mr. 20,000
+23|6473
If I had enough posts to hand out karma, I would. Thanks for the tips...I figure it to be a nice mix of me sucking and a little lag(once in awhile).

Don't worry, I'll keep at it. I have too much fun not too.
Jenkinsbball
Banned
+149|6547|USA bitches!
Aiming works too. You might be getting torso shots, and they one shot headshot you w/ the G3. That's insta-death.
Sambuccashake
+126|6609|Sweden
As stated above by the eminent Jenkinsball (Have a look at his helo videos by the way. They are inspirational indeed) some weapons kill with a single shot to the head.

The Mec and PLA medic/assault classes use AK's and you only need a single shot to the head with those so you might wanna try 'em out.
And since you seem to be rather accurate for such a new player you'll probably do well with a weapon that brings death quickly beacuse of high damage.

Good luck!
lt-grumpy
+3|6684|Smoke me a kipper...
Sometimes it seems like only one shot cos that's all you hear, but due to a new sound feature added in one of the patches you don't always hear the all shots that hit you. Happens in tanks etc as well, sometimes you see the health decrease but never hear a shot. They did say they would fix it tho.
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6672|Colorado
Lag, what kit they are using {body armor}, shooting position standing -worst, kneel - so so , prone - best, strafing to one side helps, other persons computer compared to your's.
So many things to consider, get good at your maps & decide which kits you like the best, vehicles will be a second set of armor, remember that.
Read the forums, there are so many good stickied posts on so many aspects of the game.
I'd change the color of the sites just so you can see aiming at the air easier, yellow seems to get lost, pick a darker color.
slicknic
+145|6625
yes.. unlocks are good.. the more you pay.. the better weapons you get.. dont let anyone tell you different.

anyway there is a thing called single shot.. which can increase your accuracy some.. useful for long ranges.  also  you can get an 'x' when u hit someone in a vehicle.. so your not actually hitting the person... anyway... try proning when shooting long distances also.

a good rule is while on single shot, do 2 shots a second.. this should give you your best chance to hit them.. quickly and accurately
dlbenson1979
Mr. 20,000
+23|6473
Just figure I would let you all know that your information has helped. I began rethinking my attacking and began trying to constantly flank any known enemy. This seemed to be my largest help. This game is very different this way. In other FPS, I was able to go head on, and usually kill the enemy due to better aiming. But not here.

I have found a liking to the supply kit, and its gun. It must be my playing style because I seem to be able to drop more people.

Thanks again for the help all!
Jenkinsbball
Banned
+149|6547|USA bitches!
That's what I noticed about this game when I first played too. I didn't know how to fire my gun, so I just unloaded it and nobody died, except for me. Once I realized the basics on gameplay, I got better. I still blew for a while because everyone with unlocks dominated me. I finally hit over 10k kills last night. It's a good feeling. From finally hitting even on k:d, to getting 1k more kills than deaths, to hitting 10k kills. It'll only go higher too, that's the good thing, and you'll only get better.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6459|UK
Nothing I can really offer don't worry this game has a very steep learning curve with no damm tutorial! Just keep playing you'll pick up skills off other players all the stock guns are capable of killing don't worry about unlocks. If you are serious about using the anti-tank kit consider unlocking the DAO-12 much better than the smg's in close quarters. If you looking to rank up quickly pick any kit apart from sniper since with all the other kits your more capable of capping flags which means more points. Definately get into a squad aswell teamwork helps alot in this game.
Ether151
Banned
+22|6659

ig88 wrote:

stick the the stock guns (ak,m16,m4,saw,rpk) and youll do fine. just try to go prone and dont just hold it down full auto. also mess around with not using the scope. there arent many guns that i use the scope on anymore, unless they are pretty far away. good luck and once you start getting better, the game becomes a lot more fun.
Ulocks mean nothing, it is all hype an dnothing more.  Practice, practice, practice.
Souljah
+42|6667

Dersmikner wrote:

I suspect most servers are littered with guys who are using some subtle hacks.
well right there is your downfall. you already suspect that alot of people who are killing you are using some sort of hack. that is the wrong state of mind to be in. ive played this game for over one year and havent seen a hack. and yes i know how to tell if someone is using an aimbot. wallhacks are a bit hard to catch since there is uav and commander spotting. only thing ive seen in this game is people glitching in walls. but the worse thing you can do is accuse someone of hacking. espcially if there not cause it makes you look like an ass. plus you might end up on some people sigs here on the forums like mine

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard