Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6550|San Diego, CA, USA
I love using cartillery as commander, but I gotta say when you get killed by the enemy commander 3 times in the same round in your APC...it can be a little frustrating.

I guess I'll just have to always keep moving so he can't drop on me.
REDARMYMIKE
+7|6507|St. Louis
i can see the fun of it, but i think its more valuable to give your guys a way to the next flag.

i think i did carty a uav trailer once; dont remember how that turned out.
Slickfish
+24|6625
I think its a good idea to be able to drop jeeps to players but its just stupid how accurate it is.
I always seem to be on the end of artillery and cartillery, but hey its how life goes!, cartillery in my view is a exploite, as it wasn't intended as a weapon im sure.
But bring it on, just hunt the comander down!!!
qtipwax
+1|6640
Thank you for my veteran engineer badge.  When you were dropping on the arty I was the one fixing it.  I only died one time when you dropped a car on the arty and I did not know what the heck was going on.  AF the map with the hay rolls and open fields.  Thanks again.
mokum
+0|6729

[IFF]DemonDave wrote:

rh27 wrote:

If you really want to use the cars effectively, drop them on all the spawn points around an enemy flag. Then get your team to sit in them so they don't explode. Now the enemy can't spawn on that flag. Even works on uncaps.
hey we've found those base rapers
It's called spawn BLOCKING.

Raping what little kids like you scream when they spawn 3 times in a flag that is under siege instead of one of the 25 other flags where there is no action.

Cheers,
mokum
']['error
Banned
+630|6645|The Netherlands
yep wel all love the vehicle drops
SFCCDailey
Banned
+106|6717|USA
"Do you smell that? It's Cartillary, son. Nothing else on the world smells like that. I love the smell of cartillary in the morning.
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6532|Boston, MA
It's such a joke. I was playing a round at Gulf of Oman and got in a tank from the start. The enemy commander dropped at least 6 vehicles on me and 2 artillery strikes and still couldn't kill me. I love how these noob commanders think they're the shit because they can cartillery you, when in reality they waste so much precious time and assets on one enemy, it's pathetic.
deadawakeing
Ummmmmmmmmmmmm
+145|6483
There is both good and bad in the vehicle drop feature. An example of both is: you are at Wake Island airfield absolutely no vehicles around what do you do? request a vehicle drop and if it works you love and thank God for this marvelous creation. And many other situations like this can be very useful for you and your team.

And a bad example is cartrillerly,car bombs, used improperly, dropped for no apparent reason when no one requests it commanders drop it in the most stupidest places etc etc.

As you can see the negatives out weigh the positives.
Vic42
+2|6724|Sacramento, California

Trel wrote:

Orgtheone wrote:

using cartillary as a weapon is lame and unrealistic -1 if i could you suck ass Trel

BlaZin'Feenix wrote:

You're lucky because if Chuy hadn't removed the ability to give negative Karma, you'd be getting a serious amount of it
sar·casm    Pronunciation Key  (särkzm)
n.

1. A cutting, often ironic remark intended to wound.
   2. A form of wit that is marked by the use of sarcastic language and is intended to make its victim the butt of contempt or ridicule.
   3. The use of sarcasm. See Synonyms at wit1.

+1 for the both of ya, buy some common sense with it.
Damn Trel, just because you done been edumacated past 5th grade doesn't give you the right to dis those who haven't! 
Sgt.Gene
+215|6765
Car drop sucks, caused the server crash bug. They need to get rid of it cause in my opinion it causes more bad than good.
Fenix14
scout rush kekeke ^___^
+116|6558|Brisbane, Aus

cartillery ftw, if you drop it on a chopper, chances are it'll explode and any noob on that team that was shooting it cause they didn't get in gets punished

artilery just falls appart/people get crushed it even respawns in time for you to give anyone who requests a drop a free car
INCSOC
Member since 1984
+113|6681|Denver, CO

deadawakeing wrote:

There is both good and bad in the vehicle drop feature. An example of both is: you are at Wake Island airfield absolutely no vehicles around what do you do? request a vehicle drop and if it works you love and thank God for this marvelous creation. And many other situations like this can be very useful for you and your team.

And a bad example is cartrillerly,car bombs, used improperly, dropped for no apparent reason when no one requests it commanders drop it in the most stupidest places etc etc.

As you can see the negatives out weigh the positives.
your logic sux.... using same logic:

a weapon is good for killing the enemy.

a weapon can be used to shoot aimlessly at the sky.  TK team mates.  Damage team mates vehicles.  Used improperly.  Shoot patterns on the wall.  etc.. etc...

"as you can see the negatives out weigh the positives."

see my point?...
leexgx
+0|6471
some servers Will kick for abuse of car drops (makes note to change server msg) but does ot happen to offen keeping the E button held down good idea

same goes for claymores as that is inforced on are server
TheEvilCubivore
+1|6588
I had a dual with the Chinese Sky cow with my Black Hawk

It was indeed the coolest thing to happen.

Thier commander dropped a car on me and I tipped my chopper.

Needless to say it fell on him and while he was trying to shake it I forced him to the ground and bailed

No plus 2 though

Other then that? Fuck Cartillery.
eagles1106
+269|6585|Marlton, New Jersey.
Its fun to do, mainly because it gets your typical whiner to throw a hissy fit like a little toddler and complain about it.  I love hearing all these posts above me saying "cartillery is gay" and things like that, because it's a damn game...
And once again, Ea and Dice's minds are only changed by the whiners, because they're nerfing one of the funniest features that makes little nubbers like you cry all day.  Well, I guess the laugh's were good...

PS: Snipers if your honestly that pissed about carty on you, just hold E while you snipe, now go put your binkies back in.

Last edited by eagles1106 (2006-08-14 12:42:40)

BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6752|Chicago.
I truly, absolutely, extensively, comprehensibly, painstakingly, completley detest cartillery.

But thats me...
Tjasso
the "Commander"
+102|6525|the Netherlands
LOL commander ...you where on wake couple days ago , you gave me 15 repair points on usmc arty island by dropping cars on top !! of the arty BRILIANT!!!! thanks , much apreciated  1 meritorous medal coming up ...soon  9 need 650 repairs or so  >>>  a hooah !!! you can be the enemy commander ANYTIME

as THE COMMANDER i dont owe nobody , I give orders (well sometimes not) and the rest needs to bunny hop to the position I TELL THEM TO GO I'm the COMMANDER , next time you do what you are ordered Soldier , Go squad go !!! ARTILLARY YOUR AREA im a fighting COMMANDER & my team loves ME
a Hooah ! you bubble butted bulgy bag of $H!t I'm gonna screw your head off ,im gonna put my dick in your nose ,im gonna sell you to queers (whiners) a hooah ! Sorry !
https://www.thehollywoodliberal.com/full_metal_bush2_4.jpg

Last edited by Tjasso (2006-08-19 02:33:56)

wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6462|UK
Cartillery is stupid, your capping a flag about to save your teams ass by singlehandedly regaining the only spawn point left. Hmm I don't hear any whooshing sounds I must be safe BLAM! you get crush by a stupid motherfucking car. Besides using car drops for killing enemy arty deprives your team when they ask for a car drop.
=W=GeneralSherman
Banned
+83|6558

Trel wrote:

From all Commanders to EA... <3.
Snipers? Talkin' 'bout Snipers?!  We don't need no stinkin' Snipers!  Trust me, all you enemy Snipers... I'm zoomed in (twice!) on you guys, just waiting for you to stand still so I can drop trou all over you.  I don't need to watch the rest of the map... my guys can handle themselves, we'll win anyway with my l33t cartillery skillz... besides, I got better things to do than place UAV and call out enemy movement... I gotta watch for "Random_n00b_tArD is no more."
thats y i love wake (im sniper alot on there) all the good sniper spots have trees or buildings right next to them so u cant get cartied
MrBrain
+24|6692|Finland
omg... All these ppl whining about cartillary! IT'S NOT A PROBLEM! NOR WAS THE BUNNY JUMPING! Why do you have to whine about it. Just stay among objects if you absolutely have to stand still and you'll be safe from cars. I migth sometimes get mad if I get killed by a drop down car, but then I'm mad at myself for being a dumbass standing still long enough for the enemy commander to see me and to have the time to drop a car at me.
Drop cars are good when all the armor whores have taken off and left you with no cars/armors. And they also add a bit o fun being commander, honestly. Dumbass campers that spawn rapes "are no more". So really just a way to get rid of stats-padders...
Burning_Monkey
Moving Target
+108|6839
I love cartillery.  I laugh my fool head off when I die to it too.  To me it means that I was sitting too long with my ass in the wind in one place not doing my job.

Even when I camp and snipe, I move enough that cartillery wont take me out or a pick a good enough location that the random errant vehicle wont ruin my streak.

The rest of you bitches need more cheese to go with your whine.
IRONCHEF
+385|6492|Northern California
Cartillery is the DEVIIIIILLL.  and I agree with blindfisch...we should get to use it without impunity since 1.3 crashes us to desktop 1 out of 5 times.  But with the final of 1.4, it should be limited to ground dropping only..and it should drift...but not on top of things.

1.4 final wishlist:
disable jumping more than once per 3 seconds
drop cars/supplies on ground surfaces only..no water, no buildings/cranes/bridges/flags/AA/vehicles/etc
add SA missles for commander like in real life...  or make ground SA missles accurrate and faster
add 3 second invincibility for newly spawned players so they can't be killed before their screen refreshes
improve accuracy on pkm and mg36
leave scope up on sniper rifles like SVD (like in real life)
one or two more claymores for snipers
ok, ok, i'm getting frivelous now..
farmerfez
o wut?
+78|6532

I dont know what you guys are whining about...ive never bin cartilleried ever....even if im sniping and standing still lol
Gryphen_au
+5|6481
Easiest thing for EA/DICE to do is add a sound to it, that way commanders can still use it but it also gives a warning as it comes down.

Means it can still be used but unless people are not paying attention it wont be as effective.

Just needs to be a rustling sound of the chute etc.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard