[Ahazi] Kaika
The Suicidal Soldier
+3|6781

zimmer92 wrote:

drmalikia wrote:

Another good strategy is camping ladders in 32+ city maps.  9 times out of 10 snipers go for ladders to snipe, duh.  I received my intial knife and Veteran Pistol that way.  Just sit back from the edge of the ladder laying down and wait for some poor sniper sap (or anyone else for that matter) to come up the ladder and then gut his @ss.  I wouldn't stya there long as that person will probably come back and toss a nade your way.  Just work off a few points on interest and 7 kills IAR is easy as pie.  I am to lazy to get my knife badge but doesn't mean you can't.

Also look for AFK spawns.  If you are on a populated map and find someone spawning but not moving time and time again, just keep alive and you've got your badge.  I know everyone is saying go Sniper when knifing but I prefer the Medic.  Reason being if you don't knife the poor bastard on the first try, he will probably be pumping you full of lead.  Run around a corner and toss a med pack, heal, repeat. 

All else fails and your just a badge whore, might as will be a stats padder also.  Get a couple friends to join you on a ranked server and just kill each other with the knife.  Have 2 buddys on the enemy side. 1 a medic, have the guy be whatever.  Your enemy buddy can let you stab him and then the enemy medic buddy can revive him.  Stab, Revive, Rinse, Repeat.  Peice of cake.
beautiful idea!!!!!! that one about friends... but i cant i have no friends that play this game im rejected.... oh well, i might have better luck next time lol (NOT!!!!!!!!!!!)
it may be a beautiful idea, but it is also called stat padding.  Very very frowned upon, most servers will kick you for it, and if EA catches you doing it on a large scale they might reset your stats.

Last edited by [Ahazi] Kaika (2005-11-29 12:01:06)

VidSicious
+25|6793
First, don't be tempted to cheat.  It took me a long time to get my expert knife.  I just got it 2 days ago.  I stabbed 23 people that round.  Lots of guys I know cheated and went to knife/pistol only servers (I don't see them anymore... good riddance), or they stab a friend.  EARN the badge and feel proud!

Go to a Karkand server.  64 man = lots of tickets.  Then get one with only 20-30 people, no more, no less.  Less than that and there will be no foot soldiers, only vehicles.  More than that and the round goes too fast and you get killed from 2 many sides.  You want the map to get spread out so that there are not clumps of people in one area.

Then be patient.  It doesn't matter what side you are on.  I was switched about 5 times that round I got 23!

Don't spawn kill.  That is lame.

Play medic.  He is fast, long stamina, and can heal since you WILL get shot!  Sniper is good, but being able to heal yourself is much better.

1) Haunt the sides of the map looking for a stray dog.  Go around him and knife him in the back or if he sees you, go to the corner of the building and as he comes around, knife him in the face.  The UAV is your friend.  Look for victims using the mini-map.  Roofers are easy targets.

2) Get in a jeep.  Wait for a flag to go to neutral and then drive like a maniac to the flag.  If you play long enough you know exactly where the most likely place to find the enemy is when they hide as they cap the flag.  Approach from an angle at a full sprint where they don't see you, jump, belly flop on them, and stab them in the head.  If they are lucky they will get only 1 round off before dying.

3) Drive around and find a guy in the street.  Pretend like you are gonna run him over.  He will run or shoot back.  Drive the jeep until he is near your door.  Jump out and knife him as he still is pumping your jeep with lead, or chase the coward down and knife him in the back if he chose to run.  He will tire quickly so you will catch him since you are a medic and he was just sprinting away from the jeep.   I helped my 7 yr. old and 10 yr. old sons get their badges this way.  I drove a jeep and they jumped out and butchered guys like Charlie Manson on meth.

Learn the sprint, jump, prone move to do those belly flops.  They are sweet.

Don't run and stab right at a guy.  Look at the swing of the knife.  It goes in an arc to the right.  I miss a lot when I run straight on.  I started nailing them really good when I ran to their right (my left) and stabbed as I past them.  Watch the movie, TROY, and pretend you are Brad Pitt in that opening scene where he charges that giant guy, moves to the side, and stabs him in the neck on the pass.   

Don't stab too early.  I bet 90% of all misses are because you can't wait that extra 1/2 second to get 1 step closer. 

Insult a guy if he uses his gun to kill you.  You might get him to be a real man next time and challenge you to a knife fight.   There was only 1 real man on the server when I got 23.  He lost 2 times to me and the next time we met he whipped out the DAO-12 and blew me away thereby exposing himself as a girly man dressed in soldier's clothes.  The humiliation was all his.  Everyone else I got was wielding guns.

If he kills you, look at where he is heading.  He is going to the next logical flag to cap.  Wait for the jerk there and humiliate him when he hides as he caps the flag.   Remind him to be a real man next time.

ALWAYS, and I mean ALWAYS, stab the dead guy in the face a few times, then T-bag his face with your butt if you kill him knife vs. gun.   Even if you do not earn your badge, you will be LYAO thinking of his humiliation.

-Vid

Last edited by VidSicious (2005-11-29 18:01:19)

ibfr33k
+5|6845
I got my expert knife and my vet pistol at Karkand.  I stood behind one of the fences (sorry folks) between the Hotel and the US main respawn and when the guys walked through, I sliced and diced.  It was a 64 man server with only 20-25 people on it.  That makes really long rounds.  More than enough time to knife, pistol, etc. people to get just about any badge you want.
I was a medic.  I dropped a couple of med packs at my feet just in case the person I'm trying to stab is shooting at me.
Absinthe
+18|6775
yesterday, I played Sharqi, 64 players map. I managed to knife 6 ppl, and at the VERY SAME BLOODY SECOND the round was over I knifed a the 7th. I didnt get the badge !!

Now other quick noob question.. I got around 60 knife kills. Will I get both basic and vet bages the moment I knife the 7th guy ? the logic says : no. you got to earn another 7 knife kills. The MATH says : hey, this guy has over 50 knife kills, and he has the basic badge, and he killed 7 times with a knife (that is the correct order the software should "think"). all of this applies, naturally, to the newest patch.

so.. ?

Last edited by Absinthe (2005-11-30 11:13:11)

ibfr33k
+5|6845
That's how I got my Vet badge for the knife.  I had over the 50 kills but never got the 7th in one round.  Then when I finally got my 7th kill, it give me my basic and vet badges.

Last edited by ibfr33k (2005-11-30 11:03:58)

Absinthe
+18|6775
so you see/hear two drum rolls in a row ?
ibfr33k
+5|6845
I didn't on mine.  I just heard one drum roll and seen the Vet badge icon on the screen and the guy said you just been awarded.  When I looked at my stats on here, it will say that you received both your basic and vet badges on exactly the same time.
Absinthe
+18|6775
https://joint.co.il/forum/images/smiles/11.gifhttps://joint.co.il/forum/images/smiles/11.gifhttps://joint.co.il/forum/images/smiles/11.gif
Absinthe
+18|6775
FINALLY !! right on time.. close to 20,000 to earn First Sergeant !!
YYEESS !!!!!

thats the story, and my new tip to everybody who wants to get the knife badge - its SO DAMN EASY now ! listen:
1)play SF first, to have the flash bang
2) on every map, if you wanna go knifing time - ask the commander for a UAV support, and check where your enemies are. If you see a bunch that are close to you, go straight "head to head" on to them.  When you get close enough lay down, and throw the flash bang while holding the right mouse click(to gain "throw thrust"). the *moment* the fb left your hand, turn your look the OTHER WAY. make a 180/ turn. this way your eyes wont "see" the flash thus you wont get blinded. Now the funny part - walk up, start to hop from one stonned enemy to another. pick 'em up as you will. They, like, freeze in motion and stand without movement, which makes it even easier to knife !

I was having difficulties to knife 7 people in IAR a *long* time. I already have 80+ knife kills. I never f** made 7 knife kills in a round. with the flash bang - it took me merely 3 minutes (!) and my total knife kills this round was 9 ! THE SAME ROUND !

guys - HURRY !! CHOP CHOP !! go and get enemies "flash banged" and knife them. *it works*.
(as you can see in the pic - the first time I tried this tactic thing, and succeded, was on wake islands as USMC. the "people's" snipers lay on the ground and are soooooooo easy to flash and knife. )
https://img206.imageshack.us/img206/192/knife0rg.th.jpg

Last edited by Absinthe (2005-12-06 11:20:19)

Far
+22|6750|USA
haha I gotta admit... I giggled reading your post, Absinthe, because I've been trying forever too. I'm going to give it a try.
Absinthe
+18|6775
np mate - I hope this helps, because you WILL lough when you will see how easy that is, using this tactic.

peace
twiistaaa
+87|6688|mexico
i got mine on pure luck, wasnt much left in the match and i happened to stummble on a medic reviving another guy i went prone and stabbed them both. i think its just a lucky badge not easy. the opportunitys just have to be there.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6736|Riva, MD
Either have someone set it up for you or try for it on Sharqi or Karkand.  Note that it has a strange habit of getting six knife kills and you never manage to get the seventh one before the round is over.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6775|Scotland

i got it, i have already posted about that.
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6714|Howell, Mi USA
I got Expert Knife on a 64 player Kubra Dam. I stayed in the construction site CP which the enemy team owned. i got lucky though because that CP was 1 of 2 they had and they were puting up a good defence. i managed to sneak in the back and knife people while they were fighting. u just gotta be sneaky and get behind people so they don't see u. it doesn't come easy though man, it took me about 4 days of knifing in every game to finally get 18.

Last edited by Cbass (2006-01-31 10:18:59)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
ArMaG3dD0n
+24|6855|Deutschland/Germany

Absinthe wrote:

I really, HONESTLY, dont believe all the folks with the expert knife badge. It's just doesnt make any logic to me how can one kill 18 times using a knife IAR.
Yeah sure just because you are not skilled enough to do it noone else is able to.
You want to see how to get 18 knife kills IAR? I ll show you how to get 34! (without your flashbang tactics)

Link to an unedited battlerecorder file:
http://www.filefactory.com/get/f.php?f= … eadaf59ca7

put this file into:
My Documents>Battlefield 2>Profiles>Default>demos>
Then inside BF2 goto community and play the file.

Same video but it s edited + funny sound
http://media.putfile.com/Crazy-knifing

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/164/screen0160uk.jpg
Scoreboard at the end. Got silver with knife only.......

Last edited by ArMaG3dD0n (2006-01-31 10:51:57)

Dr_3V|L
+51|6744|Twente, The Netherlands
Great achievement man... I watched your video.
ArMaG3dD0n
+24|6855|Deutschland/Germany
Just trying to stop all those:"Cant get the knife badges! Need help! Everyone who has them is a padder!" threads....
Seaneroo
+12|6678
I too was hung up on getting the basic knife badge.  Tried a few times, never came close.  Then I started playing under a new handle to practice and got it on the first try.  I think the problem for most people is primarily psychological.  As soon as you can stop worrying about your stats, it comes easily.

I did it on Oman by hanging around the beach forts.  Took only about a third of the round.  It may also have helped that I was drunk as a skunk and didn't give a damn, just having fun. 

So now if I see a knife-wielding maniac stumbling around the Oman forts, I'll know someone is taking my advice.
sioneyboy
+0|6672
The first cut is the deepest.  So they say...  But it can also be the most satisfying.

Tactics.  Picture the scene.  You see someone running across the road.  You have a clear shot and  one thing in mind... REDRUM. 

Most people die when ignoring their surroundings.  They cross the road and attract fire.  As a knifer you should aim to get as close as possible to the main action or to any grey flags.  Take your time, hug the walls and remember your ninja training; hit the deck, crawl or sprint to get to the target. 

If the target turns around, freeze, throw a grenade, shoot and run.  I assume you can all knife roofers, so the next stage is to be confident with tracking one or more enemies using the UAV to target stationary or grouped enemies. 

Do not attack too soon and make sure you are nicely lined up to dive and slash or sneak behind and stab. Remember, keep tapping the button as you jump/dive/weave at the enemy if spotted. 

More than anything a knife wielding fool can be bad for enemy morale: a sniper pops up out of nowhere and slits your throat.  Panic ensues.  Next spawn he runs to the nearest vehicle and gets sniped or gets bombed with the C4 you had previously planted.  Nice.

Alternatively, drive trucks into enemy bases and jump out as you would a suicide/car bomb attack and start flashing your blade.  Read VidSicious' truck advice which is by far the funniest thing I have read so far...
ozzie_johnson
+98|6677|Penrith, N.S.W, Australia
it is a sinch!!!!!!!!
MooseRyder
+37|6674|Montréal, Canada
a nice way to get pistol and knife badges is in... Mashuur city map!!!!

You reach quietly the ennemy gas station (where the helicopter spawn is), theres always like 8 guys waiting on the helicopter spawn point and they really dont pay attention of whats going on around they are too busy pressing the enter key to get in hte helicopter first...they are so dumb i swear. even when u put c4 on it they still rush it 

So hide in the bushes and wait as long as u need...when theres like 4 or 5 persons rush them up lol. and DONT STOP MOVING and knife them all hahaha.

i got my both badges on the same round like this.

Last edited by MooseRyder (2006-02-08 23:33:05)

khmer
+86|6697|Central California

MooseRyder wrote:

a nice way to get pistol and knife badges is in... Mashuur city map!!!!

You reach quietly the ennemy gas station (where the helicopter spawn is), theres always like 8 guys waiting on the helicopter spawn point and they really dont pay attention of whats going on around they are too busy pressing the enter key to get in hte helicopter first...they are so dumb i swear. even when u put c4 on it they still rush it 

So hide in the bushes and wait as long as u need...when theres like 4 or 5 persons rush them up lol. and DONT STOP MOVING and knife them all hahaha.

i got my both badges on the same round like this.
LOL sounds satifying to kill all them chopper campers. Maybe I should try that sometime, maybe I'll get expert knife on accident that way lol.

On Mashtuur I got basic explosives totally by accident. I swear those medics kept on coming and coming for more. I never thought that placing c4 on a body would actually work. I totally proved myself wrong. The drumroll caught me by surprise I thought I'd never get the explosives badge. Haven't gone for vet yet though.

Last edited by khmer (2006-02-08 23:54:56)

MooseRyder
+37|6674|Montréal, Canada
I know these guys run like crazy to revive poeple and seem to not care of what can happen to them.
Ew0kk1
+0|6718
Go to 40 player server. They use 64 player maps and 40 players is just right for those maps and the rounds last a lot longer. I got my Veteran knife badge in the first few minutes of the round with 10 kills or so. Spawncamping is always a good idea. I got three kills in a row when they spawned and didn't know what hit them 

After 10 knife kills, I just stopped there and went for Veteran explosives badge and got that next . I even got a gold medal for that round with 110 points.

The map was Nightflight if i'm not mistaken...just remember that UAV is your best friend and you shouldn't always rush at the enemy but run away and use better tactic. For example if your enemy see you on a building under construction, run up and jump down. Then knife that bastard in the back when he thinks you are going up not down . If you see enemy closing behind the corner or something, don't try to face him directly but try to hide and when he passes you knife him in the back. I'm not really a fan of direct assault, knifing in the back is the safest way .

Next...expert explosives, knife and pistol badges and those are not going to be easy...

And...i also got Veteran command badge and Staff officer ribbon on a 40 player server in the same round. Commander score was like 110-120 after 2x So 40 player servers to teh win!

Last edited by Ew0kk1 (2006-02-09 03:15:44)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard