Vintageologist
Tankbuster
+31|6768|Vienna, Austria
Ok... my plans for my future include going to the U.S. and live there. Sorry if that sounds strange but it's one of my goals for the future. I'm not poor or anything, I'd just prefer to live there.
So my question is... how do I get there and get a working permission and all? Is there only this Green Card lottery or are there other ways? (Except for the Business of my country sends me there to work in the U.S. department of it - I want to go there and find a Job there actually...)
thanks
-Solv3r-
Heia den som vinner!
+115|6567|Oslo, Norway
Get married with an American girl. (Will be really hard, cause most of American girls are really ugly..)
Trel
+70|6687

-Solv3r- wrote:

Get married with an American girl. (Will be really hard, cause most of American girls are really ugly..)
It should be easy then.
Good to be back.
Jamoche
+5|6505
Well first you need to apply for a visa, then you can stay there for 3 years at first, and you can appeal to get extended to 6 years. Once your visa has expired, you need to get a green card, having a green card is the next best thing than having american citizenship. This is only a rough idea on legal immigration, look it up on the internet for more detailed information.

EDIT: You have more chance of getting in if you are decently qualifyed in a proffesion that they are lacking.

Last edited by Jamoche (2006-08-23 05:06:22)

-Solv3r-
Heia den som vinner!
+115|6567|Oslo, Norway

Trel wrote:

-Solv3r- wrote:

It should be easy then.
Haha, yeah, I suppose:P
demondspawn
+7|6771|Aussie in the UK

Vintageologist wrote:

Ok... my plans for my future include going to the U.S. and live there. Sorry if that sounds strange but it's one of my goals for the future. I'm not poor or anything, I'd just prefer to live there.
So my question is... how do I get there and get a working permission and all? Is there only this Green Card lottery or are there other ways? (Except for the Business of my country sends me there to work in the U.S. department of it - I want to go there and find a Job there actually...)
thanks
Why the hell would you ask a question like this on a server for a game that is mostly kids, why don't you go on to a USA government site and look.
<[onex]>Headstone
+102|6712|New York

-Solv3r- wrote:

Ummmm Mine isnt.

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/harryinny3/Nowcanyouguess.jpg

Anyways, to the original poster, I'm not up on immigration laws concerning your country, But you could possibly contact the Embassy where your at. Biggest thing is Getting your passport right, it seems these days they find many problems with a persons Passport(or Visa) that it causes problems or delays for the holder.
demondspawn
+7|6771|Aussie in the UK

<[onex]>Headstone wrote:

-Solv3r- wrote:

Ummmm Mine isnt.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/h … uguess.jpg

Anyways, to the original poster, I'm not up on immigration laws concerning your country, But you could possibly contact the Embassy where your at. Biggest thing is Getting your passport right, it seems these days they find many problems with a persons Passport(or Visa) that it causes problems or delays for the holder.
Mmmm not sure jury still out on that one m8, and why with all that nice blond hair did she dye her roots brown LOL
<[onex]>Headstone
+102|6712|New York

demondspawn wrote:

<[onex]>Headstone wrote:

-Solv3r- wrote:

Ummmm Mine isnt.

Mmmm not sure jury still out on that one m8, and why with all that nice blond hair did she dye her roots brown LOL
Shes Greek, What do ya expect? LOL She might not be what you all see on billboards or in ad,s, But shes FAR from ugly for sure. Sorry, but cant post Any other pictures without getting my ass kicked LOL.
alpinestar
+304|6606|New York City baby.
make million dollars a year and you get greencard america likes rich
<[onex]>Headstone
+102|6712|New York

alpinestar wrote:

make million dollars a year and you get greencard america likes rich
If thats true, then they must hate the hell out of me then LMAO
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6802

demondspawn wrote:

Vintageologist wrote:

thanks
Why the hell would you ask a question like this on a server for a game that is mostly kids, why don't you go on to a USA government site and look.
Presumably he asked the question "like this" in the hope of getting a sensible answer.  When I ask a question, especially in a forum entitled "debate and serious talk", I am seeking a sensible answer.

Why don't you go back to the chatter forums where you'll feel more at home?
Colfax
PR Only
+70|6654|United States - Illinois
You need a work Visa to work here.  Or someother type of visa.  To get a work visa your employer if they have a job available in the U.S. must prove that no one else can work that job but you.  Getting a visa isn't easy and takes a bit of time. 

Best thing to have is the Permanent Residency Card(called this and also a green card.)  But my wife just got hers.  IN 3 years she can apply for citizenship or just keep renewing her Permanent Resident card. Shes from Canada.  Problem with becoming a citizen now is that the U.S. doesn't recognize dual citizenship now.  So to keep her Canadian status i think she is gonna just keep renweing it.  We just got it so we still have to clarify ALL the sticky intensive detail.

Your best bet is to talk to your employer and or a immigration lawyer or just go to www. uscis.gov and start looking that applies for you.

Best options are:
Work visa if your employer has a branch here
Find an american women to marry and stay married forever while your in the U.S. (can't just divorce anymore)
If you have family do i that way (they can petition for you to come over to the U.S.)
I highly doubt you will win the lottery

about work visa
http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/immstatemp.htm

Last edited by Colfax (2006-08-23 05:40:05)

<[onex]>Headstone
+102|6712|New York

aardfrith wrote:

demondspawn wrote:

Vintageologist wrote:

thanks
Presumably he asked the question "like this" in the hope of getting a sensible answer.  When I ask a question, especially in a forum entitled "debate and serious talk", I am seeking a sensible answer.

EXACTLY!! +1
demondspawn
+7|6771|Aussie in the UK

<[onex]>Headstone wrote:

aardfrith wrote:

demondspawn wrote:

EXACTLY!! +1
Don't be a Muppet its a game forum not a emigration website,If he wants a sensible answer to this kind of  post he would of gone on the right website, even more so if he as serious about living in the USA,you would not go on to a game site with a load of kids and ask emigration advice, there are plenty of site's for emigrating to the USA FFS, think about it would you got on a emigrating website and ask how to stop stats padder's, or the best way to take the airfield on wake island you would be laughed out of the site.
jonsimon
+224|6505
Do you plan on retiring here, or living a few years under the American flag? It'd be a lost easier for you to just get a visa and live it out then move back.
demondspawn
+7|6771|Aussie in the UK
ROLF Love the pm with Karme from this muppet  (Welcome to the forum. This section is for any kind of debate and serious talk, so shut up. )  LOL thanks for the Karme though i think.

Last edited by demondspawn (2006-08-23 06:40:31)

demondspawn
+7|6771|Aussie in the UK

<[onex]>Headstone wrote:

demondspawn wrote:

<[onex]>Headstone wrote:

Ummmm Mine isnt.

Shes Greek, What do ya expect? LOL She might not be what you all see on billboards or in ad,s, But shes FAR from ugly for sure. Sorry, but cant post Any other pictures without getting my ass kicked LOL.
You can alway PM me lol only joking m8 she is fine ;-)
Colfax
PR Only

demondspawn wrote:

<[onex]>Headstone wrote:

aardfrith wrote:

EXACTLY!! +1
Don't be a Muppet its a game forum not a emigration website,If he wants a sensible answer to this kind of  post he would of gone on the right website, even more so if he as serious about living in the USA,you would not go on to a game site with a load of kids and ask emigration advice, there are plenty of site's for emigrating to the USA FFS, think about it would you got on a emigrating website and ask how to stop stats padder's, or the best way to take the airfield on wake island you would be laughed out of the site.
Its not hard to find good information but understanding it.  THe harder part is figuring out what you can do and not do.

Why not ask in a debate or ****SERIOUS TALK**** forum of a game he like to play.  Maybe someone else has done it and has advice.  Or maybe someone is a immigration lawyer.  Or maybe someone has just been through the process in some way.

This game has more then just kids playing it.  And by dismissing his topic in a forum that it does belong in is immature and shows that you are a kid.  If you can't contribute move on to the next topic why be a troll.
demondspawn
+7|6771|Aussie in the UK

Colfax wrote:

demondspawn wrote:

<[onex]>Headstone wrote:

EXACTLY!! +1
Its not hard to find good information but understanding it.  THe harder part is figuring out what you can do and not do.

Why not ask in a debate or ****SERIOUS TALK**** forum of a game he like to play.  Maybe someone else has done it and has advice.  Or maybe someone is a immigration lawyer.  Or maybe someone has just been through the process in some way.

This game has more then just kids playing it.  And by dismissing his topic in a forum that it does belong in is immature and shows that you are a kid.  If you can't contribute move on to the next topic why be a troll.
M8 at 39 i don't think i am a kid anymore, and i have been though the emigration bit myself i have emigrated to the UK from Australia, i know there are adults that play this game and are on this forum, but most sensible adults would know this it not the best place to ask this kind of question and would tell him to go to a emigration website if he is relay serious about it.Here is a good website for him as well i know it is called British expats but it still gives good advice and links on moving to the USA http://britishexpats.com/
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6708

-Solv3r- wrote:

Wont...Make...Comment...
Colfax
PR Only
At 39 why not help someone out in a situation that you have been through?  And there ya go you did it with a link.  I mean why bash him for a question.  Maybe he is young and wants to work in the U.S.  down the road and just doesnt know where to look.

All the legal shit involved and forms and fees it's complicated.  And that is the marriage side of it.  I'm sure the work side is different. Less complicated?who knows

Last edited by Colfax (2006-08-23 06:56:50)

<[onex]>Headstone
+102|6712|New York
none of it it wasy, My bud in the UK had to redo his pasport 2 times because the Govt. there couldnt get there heads out of there butts and get the Chip in the card right. He had to rebook his vacation 2 times in 2 weeks because they messed up. Getting a visa or anything else HAS to be more difficult.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6654

-Solv3r- wrote:

I could have sworn every single body in the United States has their origins in other continents.
demondspawn
+7|6771|Aussie in the UK
OK I'm getting into this know ,and i am sorry for having a go at you m8,Anyway i do not think the getting into America is the problem it is getting the green card to work that is. we wanted to move to America but found out that getting the right to work was hard,so as my wife is British we decided to move to the UK but hope you get your dream of moving there.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard