Gentlesouljah.e
+14|6480|United States
Thanks to Sarges recommendations, I just purchased the Logitech Extreme 3D pro, for some light dog fighting.
ORdered off newegg for $30...Anyone have any opinions on its performance or life expectancy.
Marlboroman82
Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
+1,022|6641|Camp XRay

opinion=awesome and life expectancy=for ev er
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/marlboroman82/Untitled-8.png
norge
J-10 and a coke please
+18|6487
ive got one and i can say... WOW this thing OWNS FACES.

my kd in planes is only 4.6, ubt thats because i played my first 250 deaths without a joystick. so yeah, it owns.

Its super nice for looking behind u while flying thanks to all the buttons by ur thumb.  its hard to use the buttons on the base of the joystick though, so might not want to use the throttle control and just use w and s for that.
USAFDude_1988
Will fly for food.
+120|6526|Daytona Beach, FL
Your Logitech will be malfunctioning within six months.. guaranteed. You should've went with Saitek.

Trust me, I've been through three Logitech Wingmans... all three didn't last a year. It's a different story with my Saitek.. One year so far, and no probs.
Gentlesouljah.e
+14|6480|United States
Sweet. I was so tired of getting owned because i couldnt turn sharp enough or I couldnt maintain a constant turn because I have to keep picking up my mouse...

And in the Bf2 controls, whats yaw and pitch, and what do you recommend I set those to?
Bunn-Gee
+7|6483
I bought one for flying in BF2.  I like it so much I am currently looking for a good joystick network game to to play with it (I hate waiting around for jets).
Darkhelmet
cereal killer
+233|6768|the middle of nowhere
yaw and pitch are under mouse settings so changing those wouldnt affect your joystick. Sensitivity is also under mouse settings.

Last edited by .:ronin:.|Helmet (2006-08-22 13:42:09)

taxi2you
+22|6662|Missouri
I wore out the spring on my wingman in a little over a year and I don't fly that much.  I did play a lot of racing games with it.
Bunn-Gee
+7|6483

USAFDude_1988 wrote:

Your Logitech will be malfunctioning within six months.. guaranteed. You should've went with Saitek.

Trust me, I've been through three Logitech Wingmans... all three didn't last a year. It's a different story with my Saitek.. One year so far, and no probs.
Are you joking?

I have some of the original Logitech joysticks that STILL work.  Saitek's are made of cheap plastic and the demos in the stores are broken most of the time.
Gentlesouljah.e
+14|6480|United States

Bunn-Gee wrote:

I bought one for flying in BF2.  I like it so much I am currently looking for a good joystick network game to to play with it (I hate waiting around for jets).
haveing 2GB of RAM will fix that. I know a guy I play with alot who has 2GB RAM and he loads in 1st and has his choice of any vehicle. typcially he grabs the cobra and makes a squad and locks it, then invites me and we just chopper whore all round.... but I feel your pain, I have 1GB RAM myself so without him I gotta play the waiting game lol
Cheddarmuff
+21|6670

USAFDude_1988 wrote:

Sorry to hear that....have had my Logitech for 3 years now, still works like a dream....
USAFDude_1988
Will fly for food.
+120|6526|Daytona Beach, FL

Gentlesouljah.e wrote:

Sweet. I was so tired of getting owned because i couldnt turn sharp enough or I couldnt maintain a constant turn because I have to keep picking up my mouse...

And in the Bf2 controls, whats yaw and pitch, and what do you recommend I set those to?
Sigh.. aeronautical n00b.. lol j/k bro..

Yaw is side-to-side motion.. controlled by the rudder. (If you don't have a twist stick or rudder pedals then don't worry about this one.)

Pitch is up-and-down motion.. controlled by the elevators. (Controlled by pushing forward and pulling back the stick. Push forward to move the nose down, Pull up to move the nose up)
Bunn-Gee
+7|6483

Gentlesouljah.e wrote:

Bunn-Gee wrote:

haveing 2GB of RAM will fix that. I know a guy I play with alot who has 2GB RAM and he loads in 1st and has his choice of any vehicle. typcially he grabs the cobra and makes a squad and locks it, then invites me and we just chopper whore all round.... but I feel your pain, I have 1GB RAM myself so without him I gotta play the waiting game lol
I do have 2G of ram.  It's more (for me) about being the first to run to the jet.  Once the current pilot crashes I can usually be the first to get in.  But if they are good I don't want to wait the whole round and do nothing.  Not only that but I feel like a skunk waiting around for a jet.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6671
Saitek Logitech bla bla bla. I know that Logitech have good warranties, I had no trouble getting a replacement for my mx700 after I crushed wire of the base unit under some heavy wooden furniture. I love my logitech extreme 3d pro, been in use for over 300 hours now and it still functions perfectly. Saitek I've never used but I've heard good thing about them too. Just get one with a guarantee, throttle, plenty of buttons, and a good sturdy feel.

BTW I haven't received karma in 6 days straight. And the last one I got was meant for someone else something wrong here?

Last edited by SargeV1.4 (2006-08-22 13:59:39)

https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
CrazeD
+368|6690|Maine
I have a the Extreme 3D pro, and a couple of my buttons are starting to get a little finicky. I have a 2 year warranty though, so I don't really care.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard