Yes69%69% - 377
No30%30% - 166
Total: 543
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6767|Argentina

The_Shipbuilder wrote:

comet241 wrote:

i think he's a crap public speaker, but he is far from being an idiot. I voted for him, twice, and I can't speak in public, so why should I hold it against that guy????
Because communicating with the public is a key part of the job of any world leader, especially for the President of the world's sole superpower.

Because so often it's not only what you say but the way you say it, and the way our president says it seems to be uniting the world against us.

Because a President who is a poor public speaker is not doing his job properly.

Because our own personal abilities shouldn't matter. We don't excuse lifeguards if they can't swim just because we can't. We don't shrug our shoulders when our favorite football team's quarterback can't throw a pass. People are accountable for the jobs they are paid to do.
I agree.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6672|USA

ExecutionerStyle wrote:

I don't think he's an idiot, he's just a very poor leader.

Now then, I don't like to really flame for other's opinions... but Bush didn't elect himself to the Presidency... a few million people helped out with that one...
Hmmm...Thats still in question. For both elections. But old news now.
SoC./Omega
+122|6551|Omaha, Nebraska!

JahManRed wrote:

Idiot. Its so obvious he isn't capable of running a piss up in a brewery.
you guys never will understand, your ignorance is blinding you. So what bush isnt the best president to say a speech but who really cares, im not sure you guys would do so well as the president standing on a podeum talking to the free world. Imagine you are the leader of the free world and you were giving the speech that the world could hear.... tell me you wouldnt stumble over a few words. As i said in the topic "The death of the West" WAIT TIL A LIBERAL TAKES OFFICE, THEN YOU WILL REALIZE HOW GOOD PRESIDENT BUSH WAS!!
jonsimon
+224|6505

SoC./Omega wrote:

JahManRed wrote:

you guys never will understand, your ignorance is blinding you. So what bush isnt the best president to say a speech but who really cares, im not sure you guys would do so well as the president standing on a podeum talking to the free world. Imagine you are the leader of the free world and you were giving the speech that the world could hear.... tell me you wouldnt stumble over a few words. As i said in the topic "The death of the West" WAIT TIL A LIBERAL TAKES OFFICE, THEN YOU WILL REALIZE HOW GOOD PRESIDENT BUSH WAS!!
Um, we're not getting paid to be the president, it doesn't matter how well we would pull it off. Bush IS getting paid to be the president, and as such is failing to operate in a presidential manner. This failure is an indication of presidential incompetence.
Colfax
PR Only
+70|6654|United States - Illinois

SoC./Omega wrote:

JahManRed wrote:

QFT!!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Sta … on%2C_2004

Who won the popular vote again?????

No conspiracy theorists here lets just look at the facts in front of us.

ANyways you can't throw out that fast that half the country give or take a fraction of a percentage wants Bush in office.  So the other half needs to just get more voters to vote in 2008.

The life gaurd anology is horrible example because life guards must be able to swim to perfomr their duty.  If we voted a deaf president into office would that be an issue? That signed their speeches.

Last edited by Colfax (2006-08-22 10:27:09)

cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6706|NJ
I'd have to say if I was president I'd take the time and make sure I got the speaches down pat. Also alot of his stumbling in on the Q and A Portions, which means there his own answers that he's f-ing up.
cpt.fass1
+329|6706|NJ
And when are you guys going to relize how good president Clinton was?
M1-Lightning
Jeepers Creepers
+136|6741|Peoria, Illinois
Wow 42 idiots so far have voted yes. I'd like to see these 42 idiots try to be president of the most powerful and advanced nation on Earth.
comet241
+164|6775|Normal, IL

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Cause that's his job is to be a professional public speaker?? What do you think the president really does..
i think the job is a little more serious than "professional public speaker"..... Yeah, he's a figurehead of a larger organization, but you are really voting for that organization when you vote for president, not just the guy. I could care less about how he speaks in public, I voted for the party and the system behind it. I know what kind of job they are doing and can do. I dont care who they put up there and what kind of mistakes they make when putting a sentence together, we all know the real power is behind the scenes, and they are far from being dumb.
M1-Lightning
Jeepers Creepers

cpt.fass1 wrote:

I'm sorry, what exactly was it that Clinton did as president?
cpt.fass1
+329|6706|NJ

M1-Lightning wrote:

Wow 42 idiots so far have voted yes. I'd like to see these 42 idiots try to be president of the most powerful and advanced nation on Earth.
hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Yeah so anyway
M1-Lightning
Jeepers Creepers

cpt.fass1 wrote:

M1-Lightning wrote:

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Yeah so anyway
Colfax
PR Only

M1-Lightning wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Got head from an intern.  Thats all he did right?

Because thats what the media said....and thats all remember about the media talking about.  The media tells me everything....everything....andi believe them

/end of sarcasm

Last edited by Colfax (2006-08-22 10:38:23)

cpt.fass1
+329|6706|NJ

comet241 wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Cause that's his job is to be a professional public speaker?? What do you think the president really does..
i think the job is a little more serious than "professional public speaker"..... Yeah, he's a figurehead of a larger organization, but you are really voting for that organization when you vote for president, not just the guy. I could care less about how he speaks in public, I voted for the party and the system behind it. I know what kind of job they are doing and can do. I dont care who they put up there and what kind of mistakes they make when putting a sentence together, we all know the real power is behind the scenes, and they are far from being dumb.
Yeah I think the presidents job is a little more serious then "professional public speaker" as well, but he can't even do that right what else is going wrong... oh oh yeah just bout everything. .

I really would love to get into this further but it's just a question and if you like the people behind him and that's who you voted for.. Do you think GEORGE BUSH IS DUMB?
sniper09735
+12|6636
Clinton was probably the best president ever(forgetting about the whole insodent)
Bush needs to be shot
cpt.fass1
+329|6706|NJ

M1-Lightning wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Took a contental super power to a global super power, and build up relations with other countrys. People around the world actually respected America?
Colfax
PR Only

cpt.fass1 wrote:

comet241 wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Yeah I think the presidents job is a little more serious then "professional public speaker" as well, but he can't even do that right what else is going wrong... oh oh yeah just bout everything. .

I really would love to get into this further but it's just a question and if you like the people behind him and that's who you voted for.. Do you think GEORGE BUSH IS DUMB?
I think you're dumb for asking a dumb question that insights things you don't want to discuss because you believe one thing and will never change your mind.

Last edited by Colfax (2006-08-22 10:40:39)

comet241
+164|6775|Normal, IL
no, i dont think Bush is dumb. He can't speak very well in public, thats all. Plus he gives social awkward backrubs to foreign heads of state. That doesn't make him dumb. Like I said, I can't speak well in public, it doesn't mean im dumb, i just really dont like it and I dont even want to try at it. I would love to see everyone be able to stand in front of the entire world every single day and be able to not fuck up at least once or mix up your words every once in a while. Maybe the guy gets nervous, I dont know. I would too.

So, to keep the argument on topic, no, I dont feel Bush is dumb. He just can't speak well in public. Speaking well in public is far from being a standard test on intelligence.
mofo65
+6|6641|Valrico, FL USA

CameronPoe wrote:

In all seriousness I do think he is actually less intelligent than most. He sailed through life on daddy's money. He's immature and he's an imbecile. He IS Lloyd Bridges out of Hot Shots!
Don't insult Lloyd's character in Hot Shots! More like Patrick in Spongebob.
cpt.fass1
+329|6706|NJ

Colfax wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

comet241 wrote:

I think you're dumb for asking a dumb question that insights things you don't want to discuss because you believe one thing and will never change your mind.
Well I put in the begining that I didn't want to make it political but I Changed that now. No I know when things are going good for a country and when we are being lied to. I would really like to hear some positive things that this president has done for us?
Husker~ifh~
Beer Consumption Expert
+25|6740|Beerville, USA
All I can say is not only was he elected into his first term of office, even taking into account that Floridiots can't count, but he was re-elected back into office.  His re-election can easily be attributed to the fact that the only other candidate(s) were actually viewed as more retarded than GW. I think he has done a fine job at leading this nation and support him and/or any president based on the fact they were elected by the majority the way it was meant to be.

Compared to Clinton he's better, but looms in the shadow of the great late R. Regan.  He is also the first President since Kennedy/Nixon that have held office during a sustained conflict.  The difference between '63' and '03' is that everyone has become more opinionated.  The modern day mindset is give me, give me, give me and why, because I think I deserve it, I'm an American.  The past day mindset was give, give, give and why because my country deserves it and I'm a patriot! 

It all comes down to one basic fact.  You can sit around talking about how cold it is and how great a fire would be until you freeze to death OR you can get off your ass, go find some wood, a source to light it, and build a nice big fire for all to enjoy.  The problem with most people today is they would rather sit around and complain about how cold it is vs. doing something about it.

So until "EVERYONE" that claims to be an American, and those who are bold enough and dare say Patriots, can make a positive contribution for all then the US will continue to head down the same road we are on and remain oblivious to all the road signs... 

BTW... yes I make a positive contribution for the well being of my nation every day.... I like to call it "The Army" but you can call what you will...

Last edited by Husker~ifh~ (2006-08-22 10:56:21)

cpt.fass1
+329|6706|NJ

comet241 wrote:

no, i dont think Bush is dumb. He can't speak very well in public, thats all. Plus he gives social awkward backrubs to foreign heads of state. That doesn't make him dumb. Like I said, I can't speak well in public, it doesn't mean im dumb, i just really dont like it and I dont even want to try at it. I would love to see everyone be able to stand in front of the entire world every single day and be able to not fuck up at least once or mix up your words every once in a while. Maybe the guy gets nervous, I dont know. I would too.

So, to keep the argument on topic, no, I dont feel Bush is dumb. He just can't speak well in public. Speaking well in public is far from being a standard test on intelligence.
Well watch the daily show for not fucking up in front of people and where not excatly talking about once here. Nervous is not something I want the person who can launch a Nuke to be.

But words are on a standard test and he makes he's own up or uses the wrong ones.
M1-Lightning
Jeepers Creepers

cpt.fass1 wrote:

M1-Lightning wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Took a contental super power to a global super power, and build up relations with other countrys. People around the world actually respected America?
"Took a contental super power to a global super power" - What the hell do you mean by that?

"build up relations with other countrys. People around the world actually respected America" - What did he do to build up relations and what people are you talking about?
cpt.fass1
+329|6706|NJ
Husker~ifh~ is he dumb?
Husker~ifh~
Beer Consumption Expert
+25|6740|Beerville, USA
Poor public speaker YES, poor speach writers YES, but bumb NO...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard