rofllolz0rz
+0|6436
Sorry if already posted... I searched but I just got alot of stuff about 2142, no site.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6811|Cologne, Germany

well, that would depend on wether someone would be willing to invest as much time, blood, sweat and tears into such a site/project as Chuy did with bf2s.com...
_-_911_-_180891
+540|6473|Shanghai, ethnicity=German

B.Schuss wrote:

well, that would depend on wether someone would be willing to invest as much time, blood, sweat and tears into such a site/project as Chuy did with bf2s.com...
LOL correct!!!!
0ktane
Negative Ping
+55|6737|Arizona
I know it would suck if there wasnt a stat site like this, but I'm sure Chuy put alot of time, and money, and a whole lot of effort into this site...and I for one wouldn't hold it against him if he didn't do anything for 2142.  He's already done a kick ass job here. 
tool03
+5|6497|Japan Owki
From the looks of what's in 2142 I don't think there will need to be a site like this for 2142.
DirtyMexican
I knife Generals
+278|6507|Search Whore killing fields

B.Schuss wrote:

well, that would depend on wether someone would be willing to invest as much time, blood, sweat and tears
Is that what that roped off area is that says dont touch or talk about? I went swimming in it. I lost a dollar in that
Firestarter
+12|6584
how about WE make the site to thank Chuy for all his hard work!! Thanks man...you've helped me brag to my bitchy ex-clan members....Peace, Love, and a face full of lead!
majorassult
I <3 ak101
+307|6633|under there hayousaidunderwear

Firestarter wrote:

how about WE make the site to thank Chuy for all his hard work!! Thanks man...you've helped me brag to my bitchy ex-clan members....Peace, Love, and a face full of lead!
Do you know how to make a site?  a stat site?

I have absolutely no idea
farmerfez
o wut?
+78|6500

majorassult wrote:

Firestarter wrote:

Do you know how to make a site?  a stat site?

I have absolutely no idea
ditto on that, hell i have trouble with myspace lol
Firestarter
+12|6584
Although I used clantemplates....and...a really sweet awesome server host place...I did make our clan site...but hell no I couldn't make an equivilant of BF2s if I was paid 1 mil went through 16 years of HTML/Java, and just changed the target of stats finder.....really though I couldn't do it, but I think it'd be polite to not bitch about a new site (not that anyone is) unless you plan to help! lol....
DirtyMexican
I knife Generals
+278|6507|Search Whore killing fields
Ill be the site accountant. What ever money we get donated goes to me
Entertayner
+826|6541

DirtyMexican wrote:

Ill be the site accountant. What ever money we get donated goes to me
Then i'll steal it off u?
shingin
+0|6429
There will be a stat site.  Count on that!
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6626|Brisbane, Australia

B.Schuss wrote:

Who crys over a website? If it doesnt do what I want, I take a 2x4 to the nearest outside pole/tree

Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6635|NT, like Mick Dundee

Sarrk wrote:

B.Schuss wrote:

Who crys over a website? If it doesnt do what I want, I take a 2x4 to the nearest outside pole/tree

Lol.

I'm not sure on the technicalities of this but isn't the stats system very similar for both games, in which case if Chuy did decide to make BF2142S or whatever wouldn't much of the foundations be done already.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6811|Cologne, Germany

Well, from what I have seen from the few screenshots that have it made past the NDA in the last couple of days, I believe EA has beefed up the ingame stats significantly to cater to the needs of the stats-hungry community. Maybe someone participating in the beta can confirm this.

So maybe there will be no need for a site like bf2s.com to be made for BF2142.

Then again, the sole remaining reason for an additional stats site for BF2142 could be to make the stats available outside of the game itself.

A good way to find out would be to check if a certain domain has been reserved already....

EDIT:

well, bf2142s.com, bf2142s.de and bf2142s.net are already registered and belong to someone. Wether those people/companies actually plan to do something with the domains or simply registered them for commercial purposes, remains to be seen.

Another interesting point is wether EA/Dice would actually support an external stats site for BF2142, by providing the necessary information about the stats feed and give their permission to use it.
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6818|"Frisco"

B.Schuss wrote:

Well, from what I have seen from the few screenshots that have it made past the NDA in the last couple of days, I believe EA has beefed up the ingame stats significantly to cater to the needs of the stats-hungry community. Maybe someone participating in the beta can confirm this.
Still cant look at other people's stats, from what I've seen. They ... "borrowed" ... my original graphs (time, etc) and put them in there too.

B.Schuss wrote:

So maybe there will be no need for a site like bf2s.com to be made for BF2142.

Then again, the sole remaining reason for an additional stats site for BF2142 could be to make the stats available outside of the game itself.
That, and comparison, would be the two reason to do a stat site on the web. (And personal leaderboards, again -- although, the inagme buddy list is a nice way of knowing who's online.)

B.Schuss wrote:

well, bf2142s.com, bf2142s.de and bf2142s.net are already registered and belong to someone. Wether those people/companies actually plan to do something with the domains or simply registered them for commercial purposes, remains to be seen.
Some for spite, and others I don't know about.

B.Schuss wrote:

Another interesting point is wether EA/Dice would actually support an external stats site for BF2142, by providing the necessary information about the stats feed and give their permission to use it.
And this, my friends, is the big question. I've started my end of some data gathering, but haven't been told *anything* from the EA/DICE side about wether sites are going to get any kind of API or data feed access.
kiries
+4|6666|monastery of funk
well chuy i think you have dont really well with this site but guys if we made a sight i reckon....well now that it has such popularity that...... just chuy all the mods because there are some on here who would put viriuses on it

Last edited by kiries (2006-08-22 06:44:25)

Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6561|Your attic
As I've seen quite a few topics recently concerning the stats feeds for 2142, I was wondering if you'd heard anything from EA so far Chuy?

Obviously they have beefed up the whole system since BF2, but as sites such as Bf2142tracker.com seem to be up and running I'm going out on a limb that they'll still be offering external feeds.

Edit: This is presuming that you would be willing to go ahead with it yourself again.

Last edited by Towelly (2006-10-11 14:41:19)

Simon Moon
+13|6640|Canada

chuyskywalker wrote:

And this, my friends, is the big question. I've started my end of some data gathering, but haven't been told *anything* from the EA/DICE side about wether sites are going to get any kind of API or data feed access.
Hi chuy *waves*

Same here, but i actually do not need EA for this anymore. It is possible to read the stats the "old" way like in BF2, just they put in not one but two hurdles in it. I know for sure that i will provide on BF2142Fever.com some stats, but i hope that EA will again create an API like they did for BF2 stats sites.

So far i already can search users easy, but since there are no stats on the servers yet, i cant even test anything other than that
spacebandit72
Dead Meat
+121|6701|Michigan
It would be cool if 2142 stats were laid out as good as BF2 is here at Bf2s.com.
I'm sure it would be allot of work but it would still be cool.

chuy, If you can... that would rock.
If you can't... no probs here.
doneyone
+30|6526|Holland Hardcore
Yeah man, if i want to check my stats i have to fire up the game. That's too much of an effort for me.... well we'll see if it's possible in the near future i hope..
Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6758|England
Buzerk1
+44|6806

tool03 wrote:

From the looks of what's in 2142 I don't think there will need to be a site like this for 2142.
I don't agree, as much as they improved their stats display, it's still not as good as what you can have online.

And as I recall EA even mentionned that you could see your stats on their site during the Demo (when they were cycling the maps between games). So I wouldn't be surprised if EA actually create their own stats site and get ADS revenu from it.

If it's the case, don't expect them to give away an API.

Kobrakai wrote:

http://bf2142tracker.com/
http://www.2142-stats.com/

Both are showing stats.
Yes, it's not working 100%, but I like what bf2142tracker is doing so far

Last edited by Buzerk1 (2006-10-23 07:04:13)

jsnipy
+3,276|6492|...

What surprises me about the in game stats browser is that they actually code into the game itself as opposed to just embedding a stats page (like the greet in hl2 server). So when you need to change your layout, etc, you don't need to release patch.

I get the feeling that EA might have regretted doing the bf2 stats feed - - or they realize how popular it was for bf2 and now want to see if the can get roi

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard