Delphy
+45|6586|Bristol, UK
It wouldn't work unless your whole team was on teamspeak or whatever, somebody would be bound to come and drive one away.
Drax
Paddles/Plane Whore
+28|6562|Australia, NSW

Vintageologist wrote:

jkohlc wrote:

maybe somebody will invent some kind of hack tools which shows the area you have to block...lol..
Maybe someone will just open whatever file is responsible for it and look

Drax wrote:

how exactly does this work?? if you were to block one spawn point at a flag that had multiple spots, would all the others stop working too? or would everyone spawning at the base be focused to the other spawn spots?

+1 for teaching me how the red dot worked, always wondered what it popped up for.
There are about 3 spawn points at every flag and those all have to be blocked, otherwise, people will continue spawning on the others
k thanks, i was just wondering if u could change the flow of people, so you could spawn camp the other point and all the enemies would be popping up there.
Intheshadows
+5|6545
Its a very gay tactic. It has its uses in a match but when pubbing? Its just lame! Go ahead be use this, you too can be a lame pub star. The shit that people pull sometimes amazes, people waiting half a round for 1 apc or tank, team stacking all the experience onto one side, and then of course the topic of this thread. How can you feel good about yourself and your skill when your playing against a team that is crippled or is composed of mostly lower ranking, inexperienced players? The only reason to spawn block say in sharqi is so that some tard can whore the heli for quick easy points since the aircraft are so unbalanced against anything on the ground. Its stupid? no challenge, takes no skill and when clans do this shit on pubbies its basically a form of stat padding.

And I call bullshit on everyone that says well this is war...ect this is a damn game, meant to have balanced gameplay. I get sick of hearing tards saying well in real life this and that...this isnt real life, get it through your thick heads, if you think this game is about real life then let me shoot you in the head and lets count to 15 and see if you come back at another location.
starkingdoms
+6|6772

skratch-x wrote:

It's kind of lame in the sense that you're not defeating the enemy based on skill.  I prefer to mow down spawning enemies legitimately.  Not saying you shouldn't practice spawn-blocking, but I personally souldn't really do it.
mmm, i don't know...sounds like cutting a supply line to me.
Intheshadows
+5|6545
Now as to what I was saying I will reiterate.

This is a lame tactic to use while pubbing, if you want to get all your points playing against someone that doesnt have a fair shake then go right ahead, you will get lots of points for your shiny e-medals and be able to stroke that e-penis but what does it get you? If thats what gets you off then fine, I think you are lame and your tactics are lame...so oh well...you dont like it too bad, you want to get mad I will just laugh at your expense, assholes like me dont really care either way.
J=MAN
+25|6659|OZ
I've only ever used spawn-blocking in a very minor way.

On Operation Clean Sweep, assuming you get the MiG-29 at the start of the round, if/when you get shot down, respawn at the MEC Airfield Hangar, but don't move until the plane respawns. There's only one spawn point in the hangar, and sitting on it turns it red for any n00b who would otherwise spawn there and jump under your wheels.

Obviously this advice is useless if you're an uber-1337 plane-whore who never gets shot down.
fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6569

Nyte wrote:

I call this tactic "Spawn Blocking"

Take a vehicle/armor.
Drive to an enemy spawnpoint.
Park it there.
Do the same thing with other potential spawnpoints.
Pwnt.

It works really well if your team is attacking a flag, the enemy won't take notice of you doing that shit.  But once its done, all the enemy will see on their spawn screen is a red dot (unspawnable spawn point).
Wasn't there exactly the same thread 2 or 3 months ago Nyte?

Maybe some clans use this in Scrims but in some leagues it's simply forbidden to Spawn Block.
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6753|Toronto, ON
I just like to do it because it annoys players who care about stats.  The players that don't care about stats, will NOT care about this tactic.

Seems like the haters of this tactic really do care.
Alpha as fuck.
Intheshadows
+5|6545

Nyte wrote:

I just like to do it because it annoys players who care about stats.  The players that don't care about stats, will NOT care about this tactic.

Seems like the haters of this tactic really do care.
Ah but you are wrong, a game ceases to be fun if it is not balanced. I dont play for stats and mine probably refelct that. However if the other team is being lame and trying to pull every advantage they can get so they can get that precious WCR or whatever they are chasing it fails to no longer be fun.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard