+5,695|6751|132 and Bush

BlackPlague wrote:

Was that supposed to be funny or retarted? Couldn't tell

-1!!
It's retarded you retard.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Intheshadows
+5|6694
Well its alienware....you may get some horrible disease or struck down by the computer gods and I wouldnt touch it with a 10ft stick but for your discount I guess its not that bad.

Question: If you are 20 and its your money why would your parents factor in to the build or buy decision?

I know this is beating a dead horse but you should build it.  Most compenents come with 1-3 or lifetime warranties and when something goes wrong you have a better idea of how to fix it quickly without having to go crying to tech support so Rajheed in India can help you. You really should sit down and look at EXACTLY what YOU want then price it say on new egg and compare the two. Can you get better performance for less? I would say probably so and you would have the setup that YOU wanted that YOU built, which is much more of a bragging right as well.

Also, they dont have AMD ?

Last edited by Intheshadows (2006-08-21 09:35:06)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6751|132 and Bush

Intheshadows wrote:

Well its alienware....you may get some horrible disease or struck down by the computer gods and I wouldnt touch it with a 10ft stick but for your discount I guess its not that bad.

Question: If you are 20 and its your money why would your parents factor in to the build or buy decision?

I know this is beating a dead horse but you should build it.  Most compenents come with 1-3 or lifetime warranties and when something goes wrong you have a better idea of how to fix it quickly without having to go crying to tech support so Rajheed in India can help you. You really should sit down and look at EXACTLY what YOU want then price it say on new egg and compare the two. Can you get better performance for less? I would say probably so and you would have the setup that YOU wanted that YOU built, which is much more of a bragging right as well.

Also, they dont have AMD ?
Everyone's  personal experience with a large company is different. Alienware will also put EXACTLY what you want in your machine also. Call them don't do it threw the website. They build custom computers as if it were there own. Yes you will generally pay more because you are not just getting the parts but you are getting service.
It's common sense capitalism. They are putting the machine together as well as installing OS, making sure everything is tweaked for maximum performance. They run multiple benchmarks on each individual machine to ensure you are smoking fast. I tell you this as an Alienware customer. I am having another one built as we speak so I can tell you from personal experience and not what people are reading third party. Understand people are more motivated to comment on bad service than good. If you would like real opinions from real customers go here http://www.resellerratings.com/seller1650.html . You have to be a customer to rate them so you know they know what they are talking about.(There are bad comments there as well)

I fully understand the reasons people like to build it themselves but simply put it's not for everyone. I replace and install components from time to time but when it comes to from scatch I just don't want to deal with ordering,waiting for each individual component to arrive, putting it together, installing OS, downloading updates and drivers, and contacting each individual component's manufacturer for problems that arise. Remember you might be calling India for Tech support but if you are building YOU are the Tech support.

Like I said some people love to do those things. Most people have success and enjoy building. Some people  are lazy like me and just don't want to deal with it.

I love how DIY people are so concerned with the people that buy complete system's bank account's. They are like the nagging wife I never had

It's not really that hard to understand
Xbone Stormsurgezz
emumano101
+7|6682|um my dads house
dude are u for real for that price i could of bulid my PC and it will be better than his ... dont Buy from DELL they sink... its better buling ur onwn that what am doing and it coming out to be better than his.... for less price
Maj.Do
+85|6902|good old CA
wow dell sinks lol^   Anyways 50% off !!!! wow nice !  But dont you want to wait till you can get like DX10 gpus?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6751|132 and Bush

emumano101 wrote:

dude are u for real for that price i could of bulid my PC and it will be better than his ... dont Buy from DELL they sink... its better buling ur onwn that what am doing and it coming out to be better than his.... for less price
No doubt his will be better due to his attention to details (Keep the fire extinguisher handy). Also, why don't you price his parts and show us how it would be cheaper to build.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Intheshadows
+5|6694
@Kmarion

Lol I rather enjoy being my own tech support, if I cant fix it I can google it and figure it out.
Marlboroman82
Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
+1,022|6773|Camp XRay

Intheshadows wrote:

@Kmarion

Lol I rather enjoy being my own tech support, if I cant fix it I can google it and figure it out.
word
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/marlboroman82/Untitled-8.png
TheDarkRaven
ATG's First Disciple
+263|6774|Birmingham, UK

Marlboroman82 wrote:

I hate to tell you this but you could build a much better comp yourself for the same price. I still don't understand why people buy from them. I guess it's just the convience thing, but i mean any idiot can build a computer.

Anyways it's nice, but if you decide to build it yourself pm and I will try to help ya out.
I concur with the above poster (glad I read the posts as I was about to post the same thing). Oh, and if you want a really good gaming computer, I'd go with an AMD processor and an ATI graphics card. Just my quick little tip.
Maj.Do
+85|6902|good old CA

TheDarkRaven wrote:

Marlboroman82 wrote:

I hate to tell you this but you could build a much better comp yourself for the same price. I still don't understand why people buy from them. I guess it's just the convience thing, but i mean any idiot can build a computer.

Anyways it's nice, but if you decide to build it yourself pm and I will try to help ya out.
I concur with the above poster (glad I read the posts as I was about to post the same thing). Oh, and if you want a really good gaming computer, I'd go with an AMD processor and an ATI graphics card. Just my quick little tip.
dude the conroe kills any amd cpu right now..... well the ati part is right because of the 1950

Last edited by Maj.Do (2006-08-21 13:14:36)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6751|132 and Bush

Maj.Do wrote:

TheDarkRaven wrote:

Marlboroman82 wrote:

dude the conroe kills any amd cpu right now..... well the ati part is right because of the 1950
1950 is pushed back till mid sept, not sure but i know it was delayed..

As far as the you can do it cheaper.
Ok, here have at it. Please post the links for the parts and price. Keep it under 1500

Processor: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E6700 2.66GHz 4MB Cache 1066MHz FSB
Operating System (Office software not included): Genuine Microsoft® Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2005 with Service Pack 2
Chassis: Alienware® P2 Chassis - Space Black
Chassis Upgrades: Alienware® AlienIce™ 3.0 Video Cooling - Fusion Red
Power Supply: 650 Watt Alienware® Multi-GPU Approved
Motherboard: Alienware® Approved NVIDIA nForce 4 SLI Motherboard
Memory: 2GB DDR2 Performance SDRAM at 800MHz - 2 x 1024MB
System Drive: Single Drive Configuration - 250GB Serial ATA 3Gb/s 7,200 RPM w/ 8MB Cache
Primary CD ROM/DVD ROM: 16x Dual Layer DVD±R/W Drive
Graphics Processor: 512MB NVIDIA® GeForce™ 7900 GTX
Monitor: Alienware Approved 17" 12ms Flat Panel - Black
Sound Card: High Performance 7.1 Audio - Standard
Speakers: Logitech® X-530 5.1 70-Watt Speakers
Keyboard: Alienware® USB Full-Size Keyboard
Mouse: Alienware® Optical 3-Button Mouse with Scroll Wheel
Warranty: 1-Year AlienCare Toll-Free 24/7 Phone Support w/ Onsite Service
Productivity Software: Microsoft® Works 8 Productivity Suite
Removable Storage: 3.5-Inch Floppy Disk Drive
Alienware Extras: AlienInspection - Exclusive Integration and Inspection - $99.99 Value - FREE!
Alienware Extras: AlienWiring - Exclusive Internal Wire Management - $99.99 Value - FREE!
Alienware Extras: Exclusive AlienGUIse Theme Manager
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Adonlude
+2|6929
Excellent, now go to Cyberpowerpc.com and build the exact same thing, nix the tiny 17" and get the 24" Dell widescreen monitor for the same total price, maybe even less.

Oh ya, ignore the people telling you to get AMD. Conroe destroys AMD in the midrange and high end market. Here is a clip from one of my posts from weeks ago. There have since been many more Conroe backed articles but I dont have the time to add them:

Game Over? Core 2 Duo Knocks Out Athlon 64, Tom’s Hardware
“Core 2 Duo Is the new king”
“So fasten your seatbelts, because Core 2 Duo is the new high-flyer.”
“Core 2 Duo shall become the undisputed leader in performance and performance per Watt”
“As soon as Core 2 Duo hits the market, it will outperform the complete Athlon 64 family (X2 and FX) in all areas, including gaming, where AMD has traditionally been very strong”

Intel's Core 2 Extreme & Core 2 Duo: The Empire Strikes Back, Anandtech “Today is the real deal. We've all been waiting for this day, the day Intel lifts the last remaining curtain on the chip that is designed to re-take the performance crown from AMD, to return Intel to its days of glory.”
“You're instead looking at the most impressive piece of silicon the world has ever seen, at the fastest desktop processor we've ever tested. What you're looking at is Conroe and today is its birthday.”
“Intel's Core 2 Extreme X6800 didn't lose a single benchmark in our comparison, not a single one.”
“Compared to AMD's Athlon 64 the situation gets a lot more competitive, but AMD still doesn't stand a chance.”
“Intel's Core 2 processors will give you a very good reason to upgrade this year.”

First "Conroe" Core 2 PC Delivers Amazing Benchmark Results, PC Magazine Online
“The Falcon Northwest Mach V runs Intel's long-awaited Core 2 processor (formerly known as Conroe). It's the new desktop performance champ, and the one others will be chasing around the track for quite a while.”
“Jaw-dropping speed. Quieter than some of the competition.”

The Core 2: Intel Goes for the Jugular, Extremetech
“For the near term, Core 2 looks like the must-have CPU for enthusiast and mainstream user alike."
“Core 2 looks like a winner, and will likely be the shiny new bauble that performance enthusiasts love to have dangled in front of them. We're certainly impressed with what we've seen—high performance and low power utilization”

Intel's New Core 2 Duo Processors Run Blazingly Fast in PC World Tests, PC World
“Exclusive PC World tests show that PCs equipped with Intel's new Core 2 Duo processors, formerly code-named Conroe, set new high marks for desktop performance--they're the fastest we've seen by far.”
“Both of the Intel setups bested the AMD-based system on every test in our WorldBench 5 suite as well as on every one of our gaming tests”
“Intel has produced a winner with its Core Duo 2 design; and for the first time in years, the company holds a clear performance advantage over its longtime rival, AMD.”

Intel’s AMD Killer-Core 2 Duo, GD Hardware
“But this is where their (AMD’s) little parade comes to a screeching halt – why? Because in the most simplistic of terms, Conroe (dubbed Core 2 Duo) kicks the Athlon64 right in the balls and doesn’t look back.”
“Make no mistake about it, they have unleashed a series of new processors that are going to make AMD’s life really uncomfortable for the foreseeable future.”
“AM2 should be called AMwho? A band-aid fix at best, AMD’s current crop of CPUs simply can’t compete with Core 2 Duo when you consider they’re priced about the same.”
“Kudos to Intel for getting it right and not just baby-stepping us into the next realm of performance but really handing AMD its *** on a silver platter. We’re performance nuts around here and appreciate the school-of-hard-knocks Intel has gone through with P4. It’s nice to see AMD eat some crow for awhile.”

Intel Core 2 Duo & Extreme Processors and Chipsets, Hothardware.com
“In every benchmark we ran, both of the Core 2 processors we tested outperformed the Athlon 64 FX-62 and Athlon 64 5000+”
“Intel's Core 2 Duo and Core 2 Extreme are almost here, and they seem to be everything Intel promised and then some.”
“Make no mistake, the Core 2 Duo and Core 2 Extreme are very real, and their performance is undeniable.”

Intel's Core 2 Duo and Extreme processors, Techreport.com
“After many hours of testing, we're pleased to report that the Core 2 chips live up to the hype. Intel has recovered its stride, returned to its winning ways, gotten its groove back, and put the izzle back in its shizzle”
“After years of wandering in the wilderness, Intel has recaptured the desktop CPU performance title in dramatic fashion.”
“…the big story here is that Intel has replaced its troubled Netburst microarchitecture with a world-beater. The Core microarchitecture and the chips based on it are a huge improvement, and a fitting end to the era of the Pentium”

Intel Core 2 Music, Images, & Movie Performance, HardOCP
“Intel is back in the ring and a certain contender when it comes to high-powered desktop computing. I have not found any negative aspects to Core 2 at all. If you are buying a new computer system or doing a major upgrade, Intel Core 2 Duo or Extreme should be at the top of your list.”
“There is no doubt that when it comes to editing video, manipulating images, or encoding music, the Intel Core 2 Duo and Extreme processors at 2.66GHz and above currently enjoy a healthy performance advantage over AMD’s Athlon FX and Athlon 64 line of processors. Moreover, I would be remiss if I did not mention the Core 2 Duo and Extreme also do a great job of making the Pentium 4 look like a dinosaur.”

Awesome: Intel's Core 2 Duo chips, CNET

AMD chips hammered by Intel Conroe, The Inquirer

Intel Unleashes Conroe: X6800 and E6700 Reviewed, Legit Reviews
“Let Me Introduce The New King Of The Hill: Conroe”
” Intel has hit a home run with their lastest core and has them ramped up and ready to roll out the door.*“
“*It is because of this*and the fact that Intel has taken the*performance lead back from AMD that we*gladly award the*Intel Conroe"*processor the Legit Reviews Editor's Choice!”

Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800 & Core 2 Duo E6700 Processor Review, Sharky Extreme
“The launch of the Core 2 processor line has hit the market with a bang, and offers up an incredible combination of performance and value, coupled with low heat and power specifications. These processors are so good, that it's difficult to highlight any real negatives. The Core 2 Extreme and Duo processors offer record-breaking performance, industry leading power specs, and are priced so that virtually anyone can afford one. It has been a long time since we have seen a processor walk over the competition like this, and we should all thank AMD for bringing out the very best from Intel, as well as proving that competition does indeed work.”

Core 2 Duo is Here! Gamespot
“Intel's new Core 2 processors deliver the performance gains we expect from a new technology release. The Core 2 is especially noteworthy because it's the first Intel processor release that actually outperforms AMD's powerful Athlon 64 line.”
“the $530 Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 also beat our overclocked Athlon 64 FX-60 in every single game test with processor-focused settings. PC game enthusiasts can proudly display their Intel Inside case badges once again (as long as they say "Core 2" on them).”

Last edited by Adonlude (2006-08-21 15:36:23)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6751|132 and Bush

I have a buddy of mine who purchased a Cyberpower PC nothing but problems for him. Like I said though everyones experience is different.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Adonlude
+2|6929

Kmarion wrote:

I have a buddy of mine who purchased a Cyberpower PC nothing but problems for him. Like I said though everyones experience is different.
Well I have purchased an Alienware long ago before I started building my own and I overpaid. My alienware was a 1.8GHz P4 with Rambus (ack!). If you buy a Cyberpower PC with the HD formatted only with no OS then they dont have much to mess up for you. Its like buying all your parts pre assembled since you can chose exact parts with cyberpowerpc. Alienware lets you select something like "Alienware certified SLI motherboard". What the heck is that? You dont really even know what you are getting.

My next computer may be a CyberpowerPC with a blank HD if I dont feel like building my own. Just check connections, install an OS, get BIOS updated and where you want it and I dont see why you should have any problems.

Last edited by Adonlude (2006-08-21 17:03:11)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6751|132 and Bush

Adonlude wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Well I have purchased an Alienware long ago before I started building my own and I overpaid. My alienware was a 1.8GHz P4 with Rambus (ack!). If you buy a Cyberpower PC with the HD formatted only with no OS then they dont have much to mess up for you. Its like buying all your parts pre assembled since you can chose exact parts with cyberpowerpc. Alienware lets you select something like "Alienware certified SLI motherboard". What the heck is that? You dont really even know what you are getting.

My next computer may be a CyberpowerPC with a blank HD if I dont feel like building my own. Just check connections, install an OS, get BIOS updated and where you want it and I dont see why you should have any problems.
Alienware Certified mobo is actually a high performance Abit. Also, there is no pre-installed software on there just OS and Nero if you have a dvd burner. Alienware will in fact put whatever you wan't in your machine just call them don't do it over the internet. These guys are professionals and will advise you from doing something stupid also. A little help never hurt even this biggest geeks .
Xbone Stormsurgezz
BlackPlague
Banned
+16|6677
Oh well
Maj.Do
+85|6902|good old CA
huh?
jaymz9350
+54|6727

Kmarion wrote:

Ok, here have at it. Please post the links for the parts and price. Keep it under 1500
funny no resonses huh 
just for fun i went to new egg and all i could get and stay under his price (not even including shipping) was
cpu 599.99
gpu 429.99
mem 197.99
hdd 74.99
xp media center 109.99

for the math challenged that comes to 1,412.95  less than $50 more is what he is paying and as you see there are alot of parts missing from that list above
jsnipy
+3,276|6672|...

jaymz9350 wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

funny no resonses huh 
just for fun i went to new egg and all i could get and stay under his price (not even including shipping) was
cpu 599.99
gpu 429.99
mem 197.99
hdd 74.99
xp media center 109.99

for the math challenged that comes to 1,412.95  less than $50 more is what he is paying and as you see there are alot of parts missing from that list above
where's the case and psu?
jaymz9350
+54|6727

jsnipy wrote:

jaymz9350 wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

funny no resonses huh 
cpu 599.99
gpu 429.99
mem 197.99
hdd 74.99
xp media center 109.99

where's the case and psu?
that's my point by the time i got those components there was no money left for anything else.
just my way of poining out to all the "i could build a better one cheaper" people that you probably couldn't build that on for that price

oh yeah those are for the parts the op listed

Last edited by jaymz9350 (2006-08-22 06:32:05)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6751|132 and Bush

missing dvd drive as well^^  not to mention shipping.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
jaymz9350
+54|6727

Kmarion wrote:

that's the point i was making for the same as he spent  you would come up pretty short of a full system to do it yourself
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6751|132 and Bush

jaymz9350 wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

that's the point i was making for the same as he spent  you would come up pretty short of a full system to do it yourself
I know that's point you were making
I couldnt help but throw those in off the top of my head..lol

Last edited by Kmarion (2006-08-22 10:59:58)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
Maj.Do
+85|6902|good old CA
hahahah
jaymz9350
+54|6727

Kmarion wrote:

jaymz9350 wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

I know that's point you were making
I couldnt help but throw those in off the top of my head..lol
sorry so many people haven't read anything in this thread and just resond with uninformed crap

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard