Hyper
Banned
+154|6767
thats the beauty of the wingman,j10s can be taken down if your working as a 2 man air team, its not TOO difficult.
Dutchman-195
Ea & Dice Hater Fan Club
+17|6536|Oro Valley-Tucson, AZ
Just alot more realistic
kawasaki11
+2|6561

JaMrulezass wrote:

Hmmm.... so far Ive been using Keyboard Only to fly, and i have no problems.....according to This thread:http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=36576 you must have  a joystick to pilot well. what is it with joysticks, im getting one but havent got one yet. BTW, im really good at flying
thats bs cause i use the mouse and keyboard and i could take anyone with a joystick in a chopper
MajorHoulahan_MASH
+31|6738

zimmer92 wrote:

Sure, whatever you say.
Your stats say it all, I dont need to see you pilot, I've heard enough here and from your stats to conlcude youre **** and think youre good.
Meh, the definition for you is a planewhore ( this means that you always want the plane, but you suck at flying )
On the  subject: i find flying keyboard/mouse quite comfortable after i got used to it.

Yo, Zimmer, ive got some news for you :

According to- Your- stats your not good at flying yourself !  Why ? because  you might have a way to narrow view of "good flying" if you only look at K-D ratio or so.
Apparenly you ONLY fly the J10 at Wake all the time.

"Good pilots" fly ALL planes on ALL maps, like maps with fog (Dragon Valley), distracting OIl rigs (Zatar Wetlands), Mountain ridges without any J10 on the map (Kubra Dam) and so on...
And also - just an estimated guess since I have not met you in-game as far as I know - your priority seems to bomb infantry and ground targets mainly (uncaps like the carrier maybe too ??), because most enemy pilots can offer you no real challenge in the F35 on wake..., and theres no mobile AA on Wake either.

I would like to see you fly on the maps I mentioned above for say 20 hrs per map, before you go judging
other peoples flying abilities.

Btw,  my K-D in planes is - only - 2 , because my priority as pilot  is engaging ANY enemy fighter/bomber 1st thing  in WHATEVER plane is available, so that does not often leave time for ground attacks.
Shooting the enemy fighter gives you one kill, before being shot down by mobile AA (kubra) , stingers (Oman) or whatever. Thus giving "good pilots" just a K-D ratio of 1.0 or 2.0 ....

> Peace, Hotlips.
M*A*S*H 4077
Retalliation[1337]
Robin Hood ---> "u got arrownd"
+51|6490|Belgium

Shem wrote:

diglow~Flow wrote:

jimmanycricket wrote:

i use keybord and mouse
Ether151
Banned
+22|6676

Shem wrote:

diglow~Flow wrote:

jimmanycricket wrote:

i use keybord and mouse
MrKamikaze
+10|6657|East
i dont get how to se joysticks...once you get in air vehicle u switch over from keys to joystick? seems like a waste of money for convenience in like 1/5 of the game. =\ unless u fly a ton.
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6538

CaptainKris wrote:

Ooooooooh you can't get Kris down when he is in the Super Cobra! His beastlyness is just too hot for some players. J10s fear me because when I'm not evading them I've shooting at them . Igloo sites are the only problem because they never miss. Oh yeah I fly with mouse and keyboard (I think without them I couldn't pull some of my hot moves ). EDIT: I have a bad K/D ratio in a helo because I'm always the pilot, and pilots normally don't get most of the kills.

Captain "Fear me J10s" Kris
watch yourself when me and wileypube (my pilot) come a knocking. (he uses keyboard only btw, as do i)

Last edited by ig88 (2006-08-21 12:01:03)

phnxfrhwk
+14|6689|Just outside of baltimore, Md.
I think of myself as a deecent chopper pilot. I dont have a wonderful K/D ratio normally because Im flying for my gunner.  My best round scores on sharqi and operation clean sweep came from piloting and I didnt shoot off one rocket (probably just lucky those days I guess) But I use a mouse and keyboard setup for that. Im not a terrible gunner either (7 out of 10 normally hit their intended target) but I find most people just want to sit gunner so Ill fly.

As far as Jets go well Im not that great so I try to stay away from them for the most part. Ill only get in one when nobody else is using it. But I definitly need a joystick to fly jets. Ill move on to something else if I see someone waiting for it because they are probably better at it than I am. Im not bad at putting bombs on target (i try to keep enemy armor on the battlefield to a minimum) but its those dang J10s on Wake that just tear me up.
Phrozenbot
+632|6632|do not disturb

alpinestar wrote:

ValentijnR wrote:

alpinestar wrote:

wanna do 1 on 1 solo chopper .. ?
I'll show you usefulness of the joystick
i am not good at chopper... but good enough to see that move is useless!
It's about how much control you have with joystick and not about that move i used keyboard and mouse but never found it to be superior to joy ever since i started flying in AH-64 in dc days.
I couldn't configure my joystick to work with helis. Leaning the stick left would turn right etc.
Drax
Paddles/Plane Whore
+28|6577|Australia, NSW
the best plane pilots use keyboard and mouse, not a joystick..
joystick is slightly better for dogfighting, but with a keyboard and mouse, people seem to use the machine guns alot more, expecially for the ground.
good pilots dont just focus on AA or jets, they take out Everything.

Edit:

Zimmer92, how did you make that sig?? i really want one like that, with the spm and k;d there, as well as aviator kills. and a custom pic in the background. can anyone tell me how to do this??

Last edited by Drax (2006-08-22 00:12:41)

Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6772|Scotland

MajorHoulahan_MASH wrote:

zimmer92 wrote:

Sure, whatever you say.
Your stats say it all, I dont need to see you pilot, I've heard enough here and from your stats to conlcude youre **** and think youre good.
Meh, the definition for you is a planewhore ( this means that you always want the plane, but you suck at flying )
On the  subject: i find flying keyboard/mouse quite comfortable after i got used to it.

Yo, Zimmer, ive got some news for you :

According to- Your- stats your not good at flying yourself !  Why ? because  you might have a way to narrow view of "good flying" if you only look at K-D ratio or so.
Apparenly you ONLY fly the J10 at Wake all the time.

"Good pilots" fly ALL planes on ALL maps, like maps with fog (Dragon Valley), distracting OIl rigs (Zatar Wetlands), Mountain ridges without any J10 on the map (Kubra Dam) and so on...
And also - just an estimated guess since I have not met you in-game as far as I know - your priority seems to bomb infantry and ground targets mainly (uncaps like the carrier maybe too ??), because most enemy pilots can offer you no real challenge in the F35 on wake..., and theres no mobile AA on Wake either.

I would like to see you fly on the maps I mentioned above for say 20 hrs per map, before you go judging
other peoples flying abilities.

Btw,  my K-D in planes is - only - 2 , because my priority as pilot  is engaging ANY enemy fighter/bomber 1st thing  in WHATEVER plane is available, so that does not often leave time for ground attacks.
Shooting the enemy fighter gives you one kill, before being shot down by mobile AA (kubra) , stingers (Oman) or whatever. Thus giving "good pilots" just a K-D ratio of 1.0 or 2.0 ....

> Peace, Hotlips.
M*A*S*H 4077
Well actually, I barely flew wake before, I went on Oman, and I still do. I can fly on any plane map without complication, so dont go telling me that i only fly the J-10, I fly that plane because I like it and it gives me a chance to get my scores higher in no time.
And I sadly, cannot fly on Dragon Valley or Fushe Pass, becuase my computer simply cannot cope with the graphics or the largness of the map.
I really love Fushe Pass, but instantly when I get in a plane, my comp starts to slow down and I get major lag.
Oman, wake, Kubra and Daqing I can play, but the last 2 with a lot of difficulty.
Believe me, if i had a powerfull computer which would not lag on such maps, I would be playing them more.
But my computer is restricting me from such options.
And no my friend, your definition of good pilots is bullshit.
Have you even read the AVIATORS GUIDE by Zenmaster?
I think not, he is a great pilot because he can do BOTH things - Bombing and air to air.
You suck because you can only do air to air, against planes.
A good pilot MUST always look for the threat on the ground before looking in the air, as this game is mainly for ground troops, you dont want the enemy cpaturing bases while you fly around looking for planes.
Secondly, you MUST look out for choppers.
They are part of the big force that will try to capture flags.
You have all the priorities completely wrong, so dont go telling me good pilots have a K/D of 1.0-2
And if you are a good pilot, you should be able to avoid stingers and AA, thus showing you arent one.

I prioritise myself for ground attack, so that we dont lose any bases.
most good pilots do, or they go for the big BH's so that they cant go to any base.
Dont go giving me a lesson on how to fly, because by what you have said here, you are a very bad pilot.
Who has an even narrower view on "good piloting"
Go talk to Zenmaster, or Sarge, tehy will tell you right away, that flying is not all about the planes.
Sarge is an  amazing pilot, so is Zenmaster, and where do they play a lot?
Wake
You go play with them, and learn something, instead of coming up here with teh dumbest facts and comments i have read on plae piloting.
Lime
[Bf.Nut] - No Use Talking
+23|6760|Singapore
There's no such thing as the most superior input device for flying. It's all about your own personal preference.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6691|Canberra, AUS
Keyboard's fine for me. WASD, arrow keys, space and Num 0 are all I need.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
ICExMikey
+1|6564

Spark wrote:

Keyboard's fine for me. WASD, arrow keys, space and Num 0 are all I need.
crazy. i have a nice logitech stick ive only used a few times. recently i got a G7 mouse and it works great with the sensitivity buttons on the mouse you dont need to roll that thing around so much...set it to low sensitivity for bombing then switch to highest for crazy turns n dodging missles. if youve ever thought of gettin one, do it- i debated nearly a year

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard