Aardcore
+60|6730|USA, Arizona
Man I already saw 2142 as a C&C idea costumed in a 'new idea'. Get rid of the ice, replace it with tiberium, mock up a new story and you've got C&C. Saw this coming a long time ago.
mattajohnstone
+15|6805
doesn't the new C&C come out soonish?
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6682|NT, like Mick Dundee

mattajohnstone wrote:

Midway through next year I think. Could be wrong though.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
-=256=-Evo_Wales
The New Evolution in gaming...
+14|6774|Cardiff, Wales

mattajohnstone wrote:

All we know is 2007, will probably hear more during this weeks Leipzig Games Conference

I think i mentioned a couple months ago actually about making a BF in the C&C series..meh
Aphex_D
I live for the 306
+26|6658|Uk

jkohlc wrote:

nobody cares as they are both owned by EA
Firestarter
+12|6631

doc. josh wrote:

Aquastorm wrote:

Things that remind me of Tiberian Sun:
3) The orca fighters and the current 2142 Gunships are both look quite similar. And they both luanch rockets.
i noticed that 2 man

i think ea and dice took all of the futureistic game  and bits of real guns and stuff from other games and what not and thay made them into a first person shooter called bf:2142 they barley made any of the things upin 2142 on there own
they said they took ideas from other games in interviews and stuff...I mean, cmon....it's EA/DiCE...imagination????
Aquastorm
Last of the Uchiha
+4|6729|Hong Kong, China
EA - where rehash and non-thinking comes together.

And patchs, can't forget the patchs...
Firestarter
+12|6631
Aqua...I understand your profile!! now im contacting you :-p why am I contacting you???
_The.Don_05
Im super serial
+58|6600|England

zimmer92 wrote:

Viper007Bond wrote:

Aquastorm wrote:

Perhaps 2142 and TS will be what Renegade was for Original C&C...
I sure hope not. Renegade sucked ass.
Tiberian Sun did as well
Yes, yes it did. Apart from the cut scenes,Lol.
Dutchman-195
Ea & Dice Hater Fan Club
+17|6537|Oro Valley-Tucson, AZ
Fix Bf 2 First
Aquastorm
Last of the Uchiha
+4|6729|Hong Kong, China

Firestarter wrote:

Aqua...I understand your profile!! now im contacting you :-p why am I contacting you???
...I'm trying to find like minded poeple.

Dutchman-195 wrote:

Fix Bf 2 First
You really have no idea what is going on here, do you.
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6548
I would rather had Red Alert 3 then Tiberium Wars but Eh wat you gonna do.
Aquastorm
Last of the Uchiha
+4|6729|Hong Kong, China
Westwood was gonna tie in the Tiberian universe with the RA one since it's supposed to go as a trilogy. I guess Westwood set the bar too high up for EA.

I mean? Come on! C&C Generals with a bottom bar and Blizzard's Warcraft-ish scenes?
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6548
I dunno Generals wasnt bad but ofcourse it was no Red Alert 2.
-=256=-Evo_Wales
+14|6774|Cardiff, Wales

Aquastorm wrote:

Westwood was gonna tie in the Tiberian universe with the RA one since it's supposed to go as a trilogy. I guess Westwood set the bar too high up for EA.

I mean? Come on! C&C Generals with a bottom bar and Blizzard's Warcraft-ish scenes?
Firstly:
Having the two universes connected, that is RA and Tib was a possibility after RA1 which introduced Kane and as such served as the prequel to Tib Dawn. However RA2 came along (with Westwood now firmly under EA guidance) and totally blew the two universes apart meaning there is little to no chance of them coming back together. There have been some good reasons for the lack of continuation with RA to Tib over at cncnation in my sig.

Secondly:
Generals was a great RTS game, but a crappy C&C game, simple as.

C&C3 is going back with old skool styles..or so we have been led to believe.

Going back to the thread title, no. If EA were to make a FPS version of Tib Sun they would make aother Renegade instead of a BF set in Tib
mattajohnstone
+15|6805
1st game i eva had was RA1 for pc. Those where the days lol. Any one else get all those expansion packs for it?
I was about 5-6 so sh1t at games.I dont think i got past the 3rd level but that set my love for games going.

RA2 i thought was class

TS i thought wasn't as good but ok

Generals i thought was lame and i think that was the 1st step in my hate for EA (wreaking such a cool game series)

i just hope C&C 3 is as good as RA 2
Deaths_hand
+3|6544|Canada
the only way i will play C&C agian is if the orginal Staff make it, thats why i only buy RTS games made my Petroglyph studios(for anyone that cares thats the new name fo west wood after they all quit EA because they EA fucked them over for C&C)
Aquastorm
Last of the Uchiha
+4|6729|Hong Kong, China

-=256=-Evo_Wales wrote:

Secondly:
Generals was a great RTS game, but a crappy C&C game, simple as.

C&C3 is going back with old skool styles..or so we have been led to believe.

Going back to the thread title, no. If EA were to make a FPS version of Tib Sun they would make aother Renegade instead of a BF set in Tib
Generals was not a C&C by my standards. I'd call it EA's version of Warcraft and slapping C&C on it. It if plays like Blizzard, sounds like EA and installs like EA, it's not C&C.

C&C 3 is going using the Generals engine, but with a sidebar (dunno how their gonna do that...) and will be played like a true C&C game. I have no idea how their gonna pull that off. For example: How are they going to put the ore miners in when they had the concept that resources sit in little zones where helicopters, trucks and little slaves rush around to take them? Will there be between missions videos, Generals has us sitting there watching a man or women standing there, talking. Wow. And then they had their little units in a cinematic fight. I mean, that is not C&C, C&C gave us real videos and things good enough to be in a movie!

mattajohnstone wrote:

1st game i eva had was RA1 for pc. Those where the days lol. Any one else get all those expansion packs for it?
I was about 5-6 so sh1t at games.I dont think i got past the 3rd level but that set my love for games going.

RA2 i thought was class

TS i thought wasn't as good but ok

Generals i thought was lame and i think that was the 1st step in my hate for EA (wreaking such a cool game series)

i just hope C&C 3 is as good as RA 2
1st game I had was TS. And I got all the expansion packs for it aftering buying C&C The first Decade (not to mention a older version pre Tiberian Sun where it was a RA pack with everything...

RA2 was the last true Westwood game.

TS paved the road for RA2

Generals sucked and wrecked it, although the Blizzard guys got into a hissy fit for "They stole our way of game playing" Thank god the hero units didn't level up. There was some ongoing debate on which was better, Sidebar vs. Bottombar, I guess EA was too much of a bunch of idiots to aknowledge that C&C goes with a sidebar.

...Damn you, 2142, EA and Generals.
Trigger_Happy_92
Uses the TV missle too much
+394|6666
also, in a little known space RPG called X2, the flagship of the military fleet is called the TITAN MK-I, exactly the same name as the titan in 2142. i hate dice. theyre lazy asses and cant make their own shit up.
Aquastorm
Last of the Uchiha
+4|6729|Hong Kong, China
Even if they reinvent the little plastic blocks, they're gonna probably call it "Lego II" and then patch it since plastic deserves nerfing. I mean, they stick together to effiecntly!
-=256=-Evo_Wales
+14|6774|Cardiff, Wales

Aquastorm wrote:

C&C 3 is going using the Generals engine, but with a sidebar (dunno how their gonna do that...) and will be played like a true C&C game. I have no idea how their gonna pull that off. For example: How are they going to put the ore miners in when they had the concept that resources sit in little zones where helicopters, trucks and little slaves rush around to take them? Will there be between missions videos, Generals has us sitting there watching a man or women standing there, talking. Wow. And then they had their little units in a cinematic fight. I mean, that is not C&C, C&C gave us real videos and things good enough to be in a movie!
Firstly: sidebar has already been confirmed to return and combined with a move back to original C&C style gameplay will easily work
Secondly: In the latest gameplay video released we see a GDI harvester travelling in a Tib field harvesting.
Thirdly: FMV's have been confirmed to return, and in a big way:

apoc wrote:

2. Quite the contrary on the reference to no "human-acted" movies? Thats blasphemy. We are doing live action, we have a huge budget, and you can expect the live-action to be very serious and well directed. Single player is our #1 focus on this game. We know we can deliver an extremely compelling single and multiplayer experience, but we also know its doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that the story is the most important aspect to C&C fans...and of course us.
From here

You can find most of the answers to your worries at cncnation
Aquastorm
Last of the Uchiha
+4|6729|Hong Kong, China
You must be a NOD spy coming to get me, we're all doomed!
-=256=-Evo_Wales
+14|6774|Cardiff, Wales
Hehe, talking of Nod check out the latest news over at www.cncnation.net

"You cannot kill the Messiah"
Aquastorm
Last of the Uchiha
+4|6729|Hong Kong, China
They just got it when some one in the staff got the C&C First Decade Pack, there's a little flyer where it has a link. The link was supposed to be for First Decade buyers only, but it probably leaked out.
hellsy
+8|6612|Devizes, Wiltshire, UK
bf2142 reminds of both of sony's Planetside and Westwood's C&C (EA rehash was not C&C). I have much hate for EA atm so am going quakewars but ill porb get 2142 anyway or at least play the beta.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard