[WPG]Solid
+1|6740
I know:

"Some SpecialForces player's profile page will not be updating for the time being due to a bug in the EA XML feed."

But strangely enough I currently have two SF awards in my BF2s stats (basic assault and spec ops).

http://bf2s.com/player/43396988/

In another (closed) thread it was suggested that the SF unlocks might have something to do with the stats not showing. I think I got those two awards before I was able to choose my SF unlocks.

I have noticed in my unlocks something strange. It shows me as having the Jackhammer (engie unlock), but I only unlocked that one for SF, not for BF2.... Maybe there should also be two rows of unlocks ,Tier 1 and Tier 2?

We know there is a bug somewhere, but maybe we can help the solution-finding-process a bit and find out exactly when this bug shows up and when not. Right now I have all the basic SF awards and most are already veteran.

Please do not post here just to say you have no SF awards or stats at all!
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6758|The United Center
i have some of my SF badges showing.  i think i got them in the first or second round i played SF, then left, got my unlocks, then played again.

when you said you unlocked the jackhammer for SF, i believe it unlocks it for both games.
HC1Gunner
+0|6779
There's a bug alright, a big one its name is DICE!

Ever since they put the SF stuff on BF2s my stats have not worked for BF2. MY global does not even come close to matching the games BFHQ. iI would say it more than SF that's not working.
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6781|AUS, Canberra

[WPG]Solid wrote:

I know:

"Some SpecialForces player's profile page will not be updating for the time being due to a bug in the EA XML feed."

But strangely enough I currently have two SF awards in my BF2s stats (basic assault and spec ops).

http://bf2s.com/player/43396988/

In another (closed) thread it was suggested that the SF unlocks might have something to do with the stats not showing. I think I got those two awards before I was able to choose my SF unlocks.

I have noticed in my unlocks something strange. It shows me as having the Jackhammer (engie unlock), but I only unlocked that one for SF, not for BF2.... Maybe there should also be two rows of unlocks ,Tier 1 and Tier 2?

We know there is a bug somewhere, but maybe we can help the solution-finding-process a bit and find out exactly when this bug shows up and when not. Right now I have all the basic SF awards and most are already veteran.

Please do not post here just to say you have no SF awards or stats at all!
you cant unlock the jackhammer for SF and not bf2, you have it in both, it is the tier one unlock as you described.
the tier two unlocks are the guns from SF for use in bf2 only.

and i think voodoo has the same prob (or mentioned someone with this prob), he got some awards before his unlocks so the awards are showing up even though the stats are not updating.

Last edited by the_heart_attack (2005-11-29 03:22:12)

[WPG]Solid
+1|6740

ThomasMorgan wrote:

when you said you unlocked the jackhammer for SF, i believe it unlocks it for both games.
I have to check that out a bit more, but if I *remember* it correctly I did not have any unlocks for the engineer in BF2 vanilla.
Fahrenheit
+0|6790
Got some of me awards showing but not all of them, they all show up in the BF2 list but not here, the guys are working on it if i remember correctly. Gotta say though! the whole awards, medals etc makes the game a lot more interesting than the first BF42 wonder if they will re-release the old one with the same idea. Dont think i will ever get me knife badge lol not bothered really.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6852|Cologne, Germany

[WPG]Solid wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

I have to check that out a bit more, but if I *remember* it correctly I did not have any unlocks for the engineer in BF2 vanilla.
In general, unlocks are for your account, not for a specific game or expansion. So any additional unlocks you might get from playing SF you can also use for BF2 unlocks. Furthermore, you must first have the unlock for any kit in BF2 before you can unlock an additional weapon for that kit in SF.

as far as the awards issue is concerned, I need to check on my stats first, because I got one basic badge before I unlocked new weapons and I don't think that badge has been added yet ( not here, that is ).

EDIT: I was wrong. The stats from the one or two rounds SF I played before getting my unlocks are all here, also the one basic assault combat badge I got. No stats since I unlocked the new weapons though. So I suppose the bug in the xml feed has s.th. to do with the unlocks you received from SF.
[WPG]Solid
+1|6740

B.Schuss wrote:

Furthermore, you must first have the unlock for any kit in BF2 before you can unlock an additional weapon for that kit in SF.
Well, this was also what I read prior to the release of SF in an interview with one of the devs.

BUT, my account is the proof that this is not true. My BF2s account shows that I have all unlocks. How can I have all unlocks when I am still a Master Sergeant? I should get my last unlock when I become Sergeant Major.

And, as stated above, I do not have the engineer Jackhammer unlocked in BF2. But when I got to choose my SF unlocks, the Jackhammer was available. So I tried to unlock it, got it and love it.
B.Schuss

[WPG]Solid wrote:

B.Schuss wrote:

Furthermore, you must first have the unlock for any kit in BF2 before you can unlock an additional weapon for that kit in SF.
Well, this was also what I read prior to the release of SF in an interview with one of the devs.

BUT, my account is the proof that this is not true. My BF2s account shows that I have all unlocks. How can I have all unlocks when I am still a Master Sergeant? I should get my last unlock when I become Sergeant Major.

And, as stated above, I do not have the engineer Jackhammer unlocked in BF2. But when I got to choose my SF unlocks, the Jackhammer was available. So I tried to unlock it, got it and love it.
well, that doesn't contradict with what I said. You didn't have all unlocks in BF2 because you are only a Master Sergeant. You didn't have the jackhammer unlocked. Then you got some more unlocks from playing SF, and those allowed you to unlock the jackhammer so that now you've got every unlock in BF2. This is because, as I metioned, all unlocks you get ( be it in SF or BF2 ) go to your one single account.

You can either use the unlocks from SF to unlock weapons in BF2 ( for example, I got 4 unlocks when I played SF for the first time, and I used one of them to unlock the G3, which was missing from my list of BF2 unlocks up to that point ) or unlock SF weapons for use in BF2. But that will only be possible if you have the BF2 unlock for that kit already.

example: I had previously unlocked the G36C for Spec Ops in BF2. With the new unlocks from SF I unlocked the SCAR-L for that kit. Now I can use that weapon in BF2 ( if I'm playing USMC Spec Ops ), which means I have a choice of three weapons as Spec Ops ( Regular M4, G36C, SCAR-L ).

rgds,
B.
[WPG]Solid
+1|6740
Ok, I think I get most of it. But what did you mean when you wrote this:

B.Schuss wrote:

section9
+9|6858|USA
not yet no......
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6781|AUS, Canberra

[WPG]Solid wrote:

B.Schuss wrote:

it means you cant unlock say the scar for spec ops unless you have the g36 already unlocked for that kit.
[WPG]Solid
+1|6740

the_heart_attack wrote:

[WPG]Solid wrote:

B.Schuss wrote:

it means you cant unlock say the scar for spec ops unless you have the g36 already unlocked for that kit.
But some kits have similar unlocks for both BF2 and SF (M95 and Jackhammer). How come I was able to unlock the Jackhammer in SF and not be able to unlock it in BF2?
B.Schuss

it doesn't matter where you get the unlocks from. when you have an unlock to spend, you may use it either to unlock a weapon that you haven't unlocked yet for BF2 or use it to unlock a weapon from SF for use in BF2. But the latter will only work if you already have the first unlock for that Kit in BF2.

Moreover, as far as I know, the new weaponry in SF is team-based. Nation-based, I should say. this means that if you play MEC Special Forces, you cannot choose from SAS weaponry, even if you unlocked the FN2000, for example. Unlocking the FN2000 means that you will be able to use it in BF2, not for every team in SF.

It is a bit confusing because EA didn't bother to make new weapons for every kit in every Special Forces unit. This would have meant 42 new weapons ( 6 units x 7 kits ). Instead, they brought in just the 6 or 7 new weapons and restricted use of them to some of the units. For example, they introduced the G36-E for the SAS medics. But they didn't give it to the MEC medics. Those still have the AK-101 we know from BF2.
And even if you unlocked the G36-E ( provided you already have the L85A1 ), you would not be able to use it as MEC medic in SF.

what I am not sure about is wether you have the "original" BF2 unlocks in SF and if you can use those regardless of the team you are in. But I suppose that is the case.
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6793|The Hague, Holland
Hm I got some badges showing up actually.
Then the big break down came and their not updating, but thats ok. It's gonna be ok.
B.Schuss

Sgt.Gh0st wrote:

Hm I got some badges showing up actually.
Then the big break down came and their not updating, but thats ok. It's gonna be ok.
yeah, me too. but only those I earned before getting my new unlocks. ever since I used my unlocks from SF, the feed is busted.

What i wonder is if my stats were still updating if I hadn't spent my unlocks....

Nevermind. as you say, it will be alright soon enough.
Lazarus Tag'lim
Have Wrench, Will Travel
+1|6792|Alabama Coast, USA
Yes B, you can use Tier 1 unlocks on any team in SF.  I have already used the M95 unlock there several times, as I always select it when I go sniper on a team that uses a semi-auto rifle (SEALs does not, and afaik, SAS does not), and rarely did as USMC.  I did this a few rounds in a row, afaik for MECSF and Rebels, if not Insurgents too.
_|x|ake|x|_
+0|6763|greenville, sc
i played for a few rounds in sf, got 2 badges i think it was, they showed up in my bf2s stat page, and they havent been updated for like 3 days now, none of my stats have, and, i wasnt event near a rank up and went to my stat and it said i had an unlock, dont know where it came from though, ohs well, hopefully they can fix it soon

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard