Ronan_UK
+4|6581

Right, and to celebrate I put my stats up, so you lot can see how shit I really am

But yeah, I just want to say, I play bf2 for fun, and not for the kill/death rate, or veteran jet badges or whatever, and if there's anyone else out there like me, that couldn't give a toss about how crap your stats are, then I'll karma you!

Bf2 is my first online PC game, and my first PC shooter game (previously all I played was football manager... I'm out often), and so for the first few weeks I found myself getting scores of 2 and 3, with about 30 deaths per round, playing in Karkand and Wake in particular as I liked those for the infantry.  As I found myself getting a kill every 5 rounds or whatever, I started learning!  As it goes, I just found out yesterday, even though I was Corporal, that you could pick up kits or slide down ladders

Anyway, I started this thread not to sound lame, but to ask what my 3rd unlock should be?  I first got spec-ops, because my mate told me it was wicked, but I never used that (until tonight, when I found myself shooting really accurately), and I got a medic after that.  Now I really like Karkand for the Close fighting, so should I get Assault or Anti-Tank, I've found myself usint AT more and more recently....

What should I get?  If any of you wanna play with me I'll be happy to be in a squad with you and I'll be in Body Bags UK Karkand

Third unlock should be either AT or Assault?  I can use the Sniper ok, and don't really like the second unlock of it (although I like the final one), and I don't want Engineer

Ronan
Masques
Black Panzer Party
+184|6760|Eastern PA
First-tier AT unlock is definitely a must, especially for close combat. G3 is OK, but is really only a decent upgrade for the USMC. If you play mostly MEC/PLA, I'd stick with the AK-101/47.
Shadow893
lel
+75|6730|England
Quick. DELETE this thread now oreveryone will hate you. NOOB

j/ks stay open and be slaughtered.
Swiss
+20|6583
get the DAO-12 for the AT kit. Believe me, it absolutely owns everything.
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6847|Marathon, Florida Keys
where is the punt from forum button
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
sgt.sonner
the electric eel has got me by the brain banana
+146|6571|Denmizzark!!
I cant see your stats anywere??
Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6683|Ohio
PKM. period.
sgt.sonner
the electric eel has got me by the brain banana
+146|6571|Denmizzark!!

Paco_the_Insane wrote:

PKM. period.
word!!
Ronan_UK
+4|6581

.:ronin:.|Patton wrote:

where is the punt from forum button
Quiet you   So what I ain't no super "pwnz0rz" geek

sft.sonner - my stats should be on my signanture thingy I just put up, but trust me, I doubt you'll want to see 'em

Last edited by Ronan_UK (2006-08-20 13:46:59)

Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6798
PKM support weapon next. Its the ebst weapon in the game by far. Dont get the AT weapon, its simiilar to the current engineer shotguns and worse than the AKs at close range. If you're not getting SF (which gives you 7 more unlocks, might be a good idea), you want to get them in this order from now:

3. Support - PKM
4. Assault - G3
5. Sniper - M95
6. AT - DAO-12
7. Engineer - Jackhammer
CruZ4dR
Cereal Killer
+145|6694|The View From The Afternoon
sorry man but you really suck:

651 kills - 2,344 deaths??

Get the sniper rifle and spam claymores and camp your K/D ratio at least above .8
JimmyBotswana
+82|6624|Montreal
Pkm!!! Pkm!!!
Noop-Ni
ROAR
+14|6537

Talon wrote:

Dont get the AT weapon, its simiilar to the current engineer shotguns and worse than the AKs at close range.
What AKs have you been playing with!? The entire point of the DAO is that it owns in close combat.

Easily the best unlock. The others tend to be slightly better, or not better at all, but the DAO is a huge amount better than the default AT weapons.
USAFDude_1988
Will fly for food.
+120|6547|Daytona Beach, FL

JimmyBotswana wrote:

Pkm!!! Pkm!!!
PKM!! PKM!!
Renagade Warrior
+0|6802|U.K
Isn't there a mod which you can download that lets you try out all the ublocks in single player?
MECtallica
+73|6542|jalalabad
Nah , the AKs pwn at close range....

I like the ak 47 more than the 101 xD
im close to ranking up

I am getting the P90 and g36e (lawl)
the P90 is awesome, super fast and accurate.
G36E is like a laser beam, aim it and click, BANG dead

Last edited by MECtallica (2006-08-20 14:34:42)

Talon
+341|6798

Noop-Ni wrote:

Talon wrote:

Dont get the AT weapon, its simiilar to the current engineer shotguns and worse than the AKs at close range.
What AKs have you been playing with!? The entire point of the DAO is that it owns in close combat.

Easily the best unlock. The others tend to be slightly better, or not better at all, but the DAO is a huge amount better than the default AT weapons.
The DAO is an engineer unlock in disguise. If you compare it to those guns, its worse/equal. If you're killing tank drivers at long range, then you want the SMGs. If you're using the AT kit for the DAO and infantry killing - you may as well play engineer and get the grenades.

PKM is the only unlock that is completely superior rather than different to the originals.
Noop-Ni
ROAR
+14|6537

Talon wrote:

The DAO is an engineer unlock in disguise. If you compare it to those guns, its worse/equal.
And if you compare an SMG to an assault rifle, it's worse. Doesn't really prove much.

If you're killing tank drivers at long range, then you want the SMGs.
Well, I'd prefer one to a DAO, sure, but I'd really want a pistol. Better damage, more accurate, no need to pause because the recoil is minimal. Pistol's better than both at longer ranges, so the only thing that matters is short range effectiveness, and the DAO wins that.

If you're using the AT kit for the DAO and infantry killing - you may as well play engineer and get the grenades.
Being able to kill tanks and infantry is better than just killing tanks, though. In any case, Rowan said he liked close combat and playing AT, so I think it's good for him.

PKM is the only unlock that is completely superior rather than different to the originals.
Well, I would argue that, but I'm reasonably certain that the details on this site are old, so I won't. The RPK seems better to me, but I don't have anything backing that up, so I could very easily be wrong.
ChyneseGUY
+20|6523
how do you slide down ladders? i still havnt found out lol
Talon
+341|6798
Well, I would argue that, but I'm reasonably certain that the details on this site are old, so I won't. The RPK seems better to me, but I don't have anything backing that up, so I could very easily be wrong.
Afraid you are, chump. Much better accuracy and damage, even with the reduced firerate. MG36 is essentially
the same.

Well, I'd prefer one to a DAO, sure, but I'd really want a pistol. Better damage, more accurate, no need to pause because the recoil is minimal. Pistol's better than both at longer ranges, so the only thing that matters is short range effectiveness, and the DAO wins that.
Sure - then a another guy comes around the corner. By the time you've pulled out your DAO, you're dead. Its versatility. Plus, look at this: http://www.pixelwebgroup.com/temp/bf2/b … eapons.htm . It only takes .1 of a second more to kill a guy with a P90 than an AK-101. Thus, the P90 is perfectly good at close range - I'd say as good as the DAO at anything over 5m. And much better at anythin over 15.

how do you slide down ladders? i still havnt found out lol
Took me ages. Hold shift while going down.

Last edited by Talon (2006-08-20 15:24:46)

Vintageologist
Tankbuster
+31|6796|Vienna, Austria

Masques wrote:

First-tier AT unlock is definitely a must, especially for close combat. G3 is OK, but is really only a decent upgrade for the USMC. If you play mostly MEC/PLA, I'd stick with the AK-101/47.
The M16 is kewler than the AKs

Talon wrote:

I want to see you compete against me and the M249 at Karkand with the PKM... have fun.

Last edited by Vintageologist (2006-08-20 15:24:28)

Ronan_UK
+4|6581
Well I got the Anti-Tank weapon, and it's a pretty cool weapon yeah, but its hopeless from medium range and beyond, but I have taken a few pops way off the mark where the person is, and finding myself killing him or getting the crosshair mark to say I've hit...

Should I have got the PKM
Tushers
Noctwisaskfirtush
+224|6723|Some where huntin in Wisconsin
what this post fails what...well any who i guess i could say good job ?!?!? dude we should play around i am shitty 2 so itll be a fair game eh?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard