FourStars
+1|6739|Australia
high altitude low opening, its not halo if your not at a high altitude
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6765|Cambridge (UK)
I got my airborne ribbon doing this. As others have said - it's an excelent tactic if you've got a good pilot and you don't see it anywhere near enough on most servers.
OUROBOROS
+0|6757
sure you dont get the points but theres a hell of a good chance that you're gonna be on the winning team. war college ribbon here you come.
Tigg@lot
noob on tour
+1|6773|NRW,Germany
I tried it today in Mashtur but although my team got the asses spawncamped like there is no tomorrow nobody even entered the BH.
Usually people TK to get inside the BH on Mashtur to wreak havoc on every soldier who dares to cross the streets but it seems like they were a bunch of Karkand Whores ^^

The second round at least I got a gunner but still nobody seemed to be interested in some easy flag capping.
AFSG_Halo
+0|6750
Well this particular tactic seem to be named just for me!
I'll keep an eye out for you Mex.
oberst_enzian
+234|6742|melb.au
you should get driver special ability points for people bailing out and successfully landing from that height
Michael82
+4|6781|Copenhagen, Denmark

sewermasta324 wrote:

This tactic works on Mashtuur City as well.  my clan was split between MEC and US and the MEC pilot was on TS telling me to join his squad saying I was missing out on all the fun not realizing that I was on the US.  the MEC just kept raining down from their helo onto the US main base where the BH spawns, and they would toss C4 on the way down, and they just overwhelmed the defenders.  we never knew where they were they were coming from.  we figured they had a squad leader on the ground but we couldn't find him, instead he was in the MEC helo just hovering.  he was flying high enough that he was out of visual range, and they kept destroying the AA on the roof.
Must admit, with the BH on Mashtuur, i like flying lower (say around 50 - 80 i think it is) and having 2 gunners with me. Just flying around as a gun platform. People can spawn on me and jump out to get flags and continue on foot and respawn. OR my gunners can clear flag area, let the 3 others jump to cap while i lower helo for help, then they get back in and we're off

For the first guy, that's really impressive that u "sacrifice" points to be a platform like that. In a clan fight (say 8v8 or 16v16) that would be an AWSOME tactic, but for FFA servers i have to take my hat of for you. I personally would love to be in your squad, but i wouldn't lead it like that (since i love my points ), unless i just need hours on a class (to get silver/gold).

Count me in, the next time you see me .
Play Spec Opp mostly
[MAA]MI2
+3|6772
I do this all the time on The Slaugher House's 24/7 Wake Island server. I love transport helis. Although, if you do play on that server and try that chopper stuff, just keep an eye out for my TV guided missile...
SlickWRX
+6|6743
This happened to me on Wake and I was absolutely pissed off.  It was sort of the opposite.  I was USMC and the MEC transport chopper was doing this over our carrier to base rape us.  While they're doing that the J-10s are picking off every boat headed for the big island.  We had guys in F-35s and I kept telling them but throughout the whole game nobody who got into an F-35 would do crap about it.  I could faintly see the chopper from the flight deck but the guns on the Essex will not point 100% straight into the air so I could not shoot it.  I tried both guns and no matter how I positioned them I couldn't line up on it.  It was obviously too far away for missle lock but I did try firing those which didn't help.
warco3
+1|6728|Orlando, FL
Amazing what you can accomplish in the game with a little something called TEAMWORK! Wow. Who would of thought?
Gotham
+3|6732
I do this all the time.

One other trick with it is dropping into water without your chute. I like to do this on wake. I get out of site way up in a BH then bail out on the other side of the runway and land in the water or bail by the carrier. No matter how high up you are it only takes a couple bars off.
GotMex?
$623,493,674,868,715.98 in Debt
+193|6762

[MAA]MI2 wrote:

I do this all the time on The Slaugher House's 24/7 Wake Island server. I love transport helis. Although, if you do play on that server and try that chopper stuff, just keep an eye out for my TV guided missile...
Lol, I hate it when I finally get to a good height, am trying to stabilze the chopper and then BAM, TV missle takes me down.
GotMex?
$623,493,674,868,715.98 in Debt
+193|6762

SlickWRX wrote:

This happened to me on Wake and I was absolutely pissed off.  It was sort of the opposite.  I was USMC and the MEC transport chopper was doing this over our carrier to base rape us.  While they're doing that the J-10s are picking off every boat headed for the big island.  We had guys in F-35s and I kept telling them but throughout the whole game nobody who got into an F-35 would do crap about it.  I could faintly see the chopper from the flight deck but the guns on the Essex will not point 100% straight into the air so I could not shoot it.  I tried both guns and no matter how I positioned them I couldn't line up on it.  It was obviously too far away for missle lock but I did try firing those which didn't help.
Switch teams, join the blackhawk squad, C4 them out of the sky, return to USMC? Ok maybe not the best idea, but if your pilots are being idiots, you're pretty much dead. Your best hope is to take out the dumbasses on the way down or something.
*TS*tphai
The Forum Alien
+89|6805|The planet Tophet
sounds fun im in
US|dirtysouth
purple sticky punch
+0|6813|englewood FL.
i used to do this often with my squad(me piloting)...but i got sik of watchen jets pilots get 6 kills, see after the first time they relize theres 6 peps in it and can see that from some range, they jus ram me wen i start dropping into my fliars..hit the MG's real quick and rammm---BAM! lol.
i usally got the kill for the jet but he gets 6! ahhh no way
*TS*tphai
The Forum Alien
+89|6805|The planet Tophet
i hate when jets hit me and blame me for moving.  but sometimes i can see its an ackcednet and i let it go.
ionchild
+0|6748
*Yawn*  This is so BF:Vietnam.  By no means is this a new tactic and as soon as people figure out whats going on, youll be a sitting duck.

Last edited by ionchild (2005-11-29 15:38:01)

flyinlow
+0|6723
definately not a new tactic.  But works well on maps without planes.   When you first start dropping on a flag, have some of your squad be SF people, and prep the area with C-4 on the way down.  Softens up the opposition while dropping in.  Just a thought.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6765|Cambridge (UK)

ionchild wrote:

By no means is this a new tactic
Like D'uh! I believe the military have been using this tactic since shortly after the invention of helicopters...
n1nj41c l337ne55
+1|6744|Pittsburgh, Virginia lol
I heard a story about one team who did this after their commander told them to. One squad leader would fill up his squad, and get in the chopper and fly over airfield same as you. But as soon as they jumepd they would leave and more people would join squad and jump, and repeat this until all the people not in vehicles were on the spawn point. Even if it didn't happen(which it probly didnt, I can't imagine random people listening and doing this) it's a sweet idea and the epitome of teamwork in BF2.
Lt.Maverick|Lw|
youve now just been Pwned by the Mavster
+-1|6723
Good idea,when im in a blackhawk i tend to swing the copper round 360 so as to cap the flag and give my gunners chance to hit the enemy with the mini guns,havent tryed the Para trick,however it maybe no points but surely the time and driver abillity points add up towards yor badges and ribbons?
Lt.Maverick|Lw|
youve now just been Pwned by the Mavster
+-1|6723
Yes team play can work,i had a great team on a game today and got a ribbon out of it
{RS}Diamonddog
+6|6641|Weymouth, England
Fun tactic i've done it quite a few times. Choppers cant go much higher than 500 ft though and a good jet pilot should find you out eventually. A great way of taking out tanks on wake is to parachute above them as anti tank they have no idea where it's coming from and they cant aim their cannon high enough to get you anyway.
Schw3nk3r
+3|6628|Candy Land

GotMex? wrote:

Ok, what happens when you take a blackhawk, a 6 person squad, one kick ass squad leader (me), and a little bit of luck... yea, you got it, it's called ownage.

Ok let me explain the technique real quick. First, I convinced 5 people to join my squad and to listen to me if they wanted to get the best scores of their life in Wake. Next, I got into the blackhawk at carrier and ascended to about 200ft before moving forward to where enemies can engage us. A semi-long trip to the airfield had 2 guys get antsy and bail on my in the middle of the ocean, but when we finally got to the airfield, the rest bailed out. We were at about 375 feet at that point so no AA site could possibly target us, and planes have a hard time flyinig up that high so they don't even bother.

Why was this so sweet? Well the reason I was a kick ass squad leader is because all I did for that whole round was hover over the airfield (and other flags as needed), and served as a mobile spawn point. At first my clan mates were kinda doubtful about my ideas, but after the first jump, they quickly seemed to enjoy falling from high up. We literally took over the airfield within the first wave of attacks, and quickly spread out to the other flags. The baddies never knew what hit them. They would kill all 5 of us trying to take over the flag, only to have us reappear 15 seconds later out of nowhere.

I loved it because it felt like actual teamwork! We had a routine going, they would listen to me about when to bail and when to wait. Commander was really good so he'd let me know where he wanted me to go protect/attack constantly. It was just sweet.

I had a medic kit which was good since as soon as a squad member died, I would see the heart symbol appear indicating that they were gonna spawn on me soon. This gave me the heads up to level up and stop maneuvering (because otherwise when they jump you might hit them with the chopper and lose points). After a while, my team got the hang of it and they would spawn and jump out immediatelly.

Anyway, I had a good time doing this so I wanted to share, and please, I beg of you, if you ever play with me in a Wake server, and I have a squad called "Paratroops", please join: I promise you won't regret it and you will help me not feel like an idiot flying up there for no frickin reason.
Yeah man people who will dedicate themselves to helping other rocks cuz it helps the whole team.
washow
Get out of MY JET!!!
+23|6711
hey gotmex.. i was flying when you were off killing 60 people with that leet pilot

anyway yea this tactic worked great because my teammates were such a noobies.. sigh

i'm like off going 35-1 and the airfield gets taken down...

that nimbus guy and some other guys were great jet pilots.. i had fun dogfigting 1:3 with them

sigh next time i play with you, i'm sticking to your team hehe

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard