TheCanadianTerrorist wrote:

I WANT THIS GAME SO MUCH.

Had to say it again.
so do i
I WANT THIS GAME SO MUCH
WTS - SOUL

WTB - BF2142 TEST KEY

Any takers? PLEASE?

Last edited by TheCanadianTerrorist (2006-08-19 00:14:30)

eatmywheaties
+2|6771
won't get it.

i've invested too much time and money into ref bf2 to just drop it. 

I'm just afraid that the playing community will thin too much and do away with SF servers almost altogether.
M.Smirnov
+1|6474|Russia
depends on how I like beta 2142
wws4029
+5|6500|WALES UK

Poseidon wrote:

Viper007Bond wrote:

Yep, already pre-ordered it.
SoC./Omega
+122|6554|Omaha, Nebraska!
im gonna get it, gonna try to get the beta from fileplanet too first.
SGT.Slayero
+98|6478|Life in a vacuum sucks
i cant wait for 2142!!
SGT.Slayero
+98|6478|Life in a vacuum sucks
but i will still play bf2 evey now and then
FromTheAshes
+53|6717
Yes. But I'll be playing in a clan, away from pubs.
kartman
+1|6473
i swear to god guys what were all the people who whine about the damn patches dolphin divers? because i dont see whats so damn bad about all of the things they've done, 1.3 really messed up but i think that was their only real mistake, almost everything that has been patched out is for the better whether some of you realise it or not. but in any case ea and dice have  almost my complete confidence for extremely good games because after all, they came out with BF2!!!!!! and damit you quake wars guys go take your looney game fantasies somewhere else, man sucking people fluids out to heal your people is lame. but in any case HOLY SHIT I"M SIEKED FOR 2142 ITS GONNA KICKASS HELL YES I"M BUYIN IT!!!!!!
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6799|Bulgaria
I will NOT buy it! No, thanks!
EA needs to first FIX BF2, then start making the next one!
Tjasso
the "Commander"
+102|6536|the Netherlands
i'l buy it ... for a $ DOLLAR im not gonna buy it i have decided i stay in the here and now my young padawan learners

ET QUAKE WARS !!!! a hooah

Last edited by Tjasso (2006-08-20 10:54:18)

Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6702|Tampa Bay Florida
Why 2142 will (probably) be better than BF2/Quake Wars

Customizable kits
Titans
European and North African maps are back
No Aliens
s()mtingWong
+48|6705
I personally will not be buying bf2142 mainly because all the bugs they have'nt fixed yet. I just hate having to kill one of my own teamates because he lighted up as red or trying to connect to a server just to find myself back to desktop or loosing my inround points because server has crashed or loss of connection. I can go on and on about how badly bf2 is and instead of fixing it EA/Dice throws another game at us within a one year period. People who buys it should just expect the same treatment that they had in bf2.

I will wait for this game wich will be releasing fall of 2006, because imho it will PWN bf2142 and quake wars put together.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=MqSOZGCcFYU
CaptainKris
+54|6489|Safety Harbor, Florida
I am buying it so I can make my freaking hand stop jittering when I think about the damn game. But it gets worse, check out my sig!!!

Captain "Didn't know future video games had physical side effects" Kris
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6854|Cologne, Germany

undecided, but probably yes. Will depend on the public beta and wether I can still play it under Win2000 ( yeah, I know, it's laughable.. ). Although BF2 wasn't tested for Win2000, it played fine, and since BF2142 is based on the same engine, I have some hope I won't have to buy a new OS just for BF2142.

I wonder though if I will even find the time to play BF2, BF2142 and CS Source. The day simply doesn't have enough hours. I could quit my job, but then again, how am I supposed to buy the game and new hardware when I am broke ?
It's a vicious circle, I tell ya...
KtotheIMMY
+513|6776
I already bought it... preordered...
Meggido
+7|6661
Undecided - It depends entirely on the success or failure of patch 1.4 for me.
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6707|Howell, Mi USA
Undecided

I still have alot to finish in Bf2, and i think 2142 is coming out WAY too soon. Bf2 was only out for a year and there already making a new one. And like Meggido says.... 1.4 will be a decider.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
Bözsi
+0|6627
I buy it when the 2nd patch is out and have my new PC.
masterHouse
Official Heckler & Koch ambassador
+8|6730|Veenendaal, The Netherlands
no, its f*cking unrealistic!
thefousteph
+8|6744
I'm buying it 'cause it's crazy Battlefield gameplay with new twist and unlock!

I'm looking forward for the hability unlock!

Good and refreshing stuff

About the setting? i don't care (the BF2 setting is lame if not absent)

Go for the gameplay! YAHEY!!!!!!!!!!
starman7
+15|6737
I forgot to say, I will probably ask my parents for BF 2142 over Xmas break.

A, you people whining about the "unrealism" and "sci-fi setting", 90% of it will be instantly recognizable from BF2.   NTM the "future technologies" are one of a few things.  First, basically a fancy name and a bunch of bullcrap which doesn't functionally change from today's tech (such as the guns, they sound fancy, but really are functionally the same as today's weapons).  Second, something which is on the drawing board (for instance, we could technically already make the VTOL aircraft the way they're shown, but not very well).  Third, an assumption which you just have to take for gameplay (the only two examples I can think of is the hover and the shield, and the shield may just stand for some future spinoff of something like the Russian Arena tank defense system).  If you're wondering what the Arena system is, a computer detects an incoming projectile, and fires off a projectile which will explode underneath the incoming projectile, either destroying it or knocking it off-course.

Overall, I think the gameplay in that regard will be similar to BF2, with some additions which are allowable due to the sci-fi setting and don't drastically change things.  Some things (like the stationary med/ammo hubs) are in fact more realistic than BF2.  Some things from BF2 are abstracted (there is NO way a plane could repair and re-arm in 5 seconds flying 50 feet off the ground) and yet it still seems pretty much like modern warfare.  And EA/Dice is trying to keep sci-fi from going overboard, and I think they've succeeded

As for the bugginess, I've been playing 1.3 for maybe 6 hours (I'm not a hardcore BF2 fan), and haven't seen a single major bug or crash.  Plus, EA/Dice is quite aware of how people reacted to the bugs, and are probably going through pains to make sure that no major bugs survive to 1.0, and no launch bugs survive to 1.1 (almost every game has a 1.1 patch to iron out bugs discovered post-launch).  I'm not sure, but I think that the open beta on File planet is part of that effort (as in they've never had an open beta like this before).  I would need confirmation on it though.

I also may need to upgrade my PC, as is it barely runs SP BF2 (I figure a second 512 MB stick wouldn't exactly hurt).
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6685|Colorado
I was hoping the ney & undecided would be higher, this is why they don't fix their mistakes... because most of your are going to buy it with the horrible track record they displayed for BF2. still 35% is a nice chunk.

a little note for starman, testing a patch for 6 hours is what the test team did, with 1.4 we see the time really needed for a true test, atleast I hope they iron out everything.

Last edited by TrollmeaT (2006-08-22 12:11:42)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard