MuseSeeker
2142 Soldier: Behenaut
+110|6786|EUR
When I try to install the new 1.12  it says that I need atleast 3000mb free space (which I have). I keep getting this message. This is quite unfair since this is the patch which requires me to continue playing online. (which is pretty useless since I dont even plan on getting SF)
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6858|San Francisco

Free up some more space if possible, and search the forums since there is already a thread about this and possible solutions.
MuseSeeker
+110|6786|EUR

tF-voodoochild wrote:

Free up some more space if possible, and search the forums since there is already a thread about this and possible solutions.
I dont see the point because the stupid EA think that everyones BF2 is in C so it would be patching something non existence.
private_boris
+0|6735|Antwerp (Belgium)
When installing the new patch, the application looks for free space on your WINDOWS drive (your root partition). It does NOT care whether you have enough space on the drive were you installed BF2. To circumvent this nasty bug, you have to alter the registry a bit:

- click the START button
   - click on Run...
   - type regedit
   - look for : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ on the left side
   - select ProgramFilesDir on the right side and change this to a BF2 drive disk (which helds enough free space, about 3000MB)
   - Keep this window open for convieniance purposes
   - Install the 1.12 patch
   - Change the registry BACK to its original settings !

Had the problem myself and it worked like a charm...
( looks like the patch is giving me other problems though)

Good luck and I'll see you out there...

Private_boris
Pesete[GER]1972
+0|6854|Duesseldorf / Germany
@private_boris

This was just  perfect troubleshooting. Finally I was able to install that bloody patch. THX!

Pesete[GER]1972
MuseSeeker
+110|6786|EUR

private_boris wrote:

When installing the new patch, the application looks for free space on your WINDOWS drive (your root partition). It does NOT care whether you have enough space on the drive were you installed BF2. To circumvent this nasty bug, you have to alter the registry a bit:

- click the START button
   - click on Run...
   - type regedit
   - look for : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ on the left side
   - select ProgramFilesDir on the right side and change this to a BF2 drive disk (which helds enough free space, about 3000MB)
   - Keep this window open for convieniance purposes
   - Install the 1.12 patch
   - Change the registry BACK to its original settings !

Had the problem myself and it worked like a charm...
( looks like the patch is giving me other problems though)

Good luck and I'll see you out there...

Private_boris
Thanks for that - I did it a different way thoe, I partition magic'd my Hard drive

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard