phnxfrhwk
+14|6711|Just outside of baltimore, Md.
Liberals tolerant...okay some might be, Ill give you that.  But these are the same people screaming guns are bad, and all any soldier does is kill. Doesnt sound very tolerent to me.

Love it or leave it...Sure things would change...for the better who knows. would the rich become richer while the poor are still left in the streets to forage around in dumpsters for anything to eat...perhaps. Or perhaps everybodys guns will get taken away and we will all be living in some sort of nomadic commune growing vegetables in pots, hugging trees, leaving lovable furry creatures alone, and not taking baths. Depends on what you love about America. Everybody has their own opinions on who should stay or who should go.
Me Ill keep my guns and enjoy a slab of cow flesh. But thats just my opinion.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6639|132 and Bush

ht_fly wrote:

ACLU serves a purpose also, you might not like it, but then when your rights abused, they might help you. Depends on the local office in your area!!
Protecting child molestors.. yea your right I might not like it.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6728|Tampa Bay Florida
left wing people who actually "hate" America are pretty much a peaceful equivilant to the KKK.... except they don't go out killing people.

And some people here don't even acknowledge there are loonies on both the left and right, they just say "Oh, ok, some of you are okay but for the most part your politics suck, your wrong, and a few of you are hurting America." As if the right doesn't have the exact same thing.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6697|BC, Canada
leave it and then let it sink into the sea

Last edited by Nicholas Langdon (2006-08-17 15:32:52)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6639|132 and Bush

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1T1cR5Ff7Ng&mode=related&search=
lol. I remember that one.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Ikarti
Banned - for ever.
+231|6748|Wilmington, DE, US
because only the republicans and the conservatives are the good guys
ozzie_johnson
+98|6696|Penrith, N.S.W, Australia
if you dont love it leave sticker on the back of my car.
Ikarti
Banned - for ever.
+231|6748|Wilmington, DE, US

ozzie_johnson wrote:

I'll know which one to key now. Thanks.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6697|BC, Canada

Ikarti wrote:

ozzie_johnson wrote:

I'll know which one to key now. Thanks.
Not
Great success!
+216|6615|Chandler, AZ
America: Love it Or Leave It.

The question posed, if the people who hated America left what would it be like, isn't really possible to answer. The reason being, some Left-Wing Greenpeace whale-loving nutcases with loose grasps on shoe-tying, much less running a country, truly love America. In kind, some Right-Wing ethnocentric rednecks whose family trees have no branches genuinely love this country too! The question can't be asked this way because both of these people see the others as the ones who hate America.

We both love the Country, we just hate the way the others want it to be.
Not
Great success!
+216|6615|Chandler, AZ

phnxfrhwk wrote:

Liberals tolerant...okay some might be, Ill give you that.  But these are the same people screaming guns are bad, and all any soldier does is kill. Doesnt sound very tolerent to me.
Neither does shouting obscenities at women who want abortions outside the clinics, as if they're not ashamed enough already, or going that extra Conservative-person-loving step and actually bombing the clinic full of doctors, mothers, and the babies you wanted to live.

Just playing Devil's Advocate here, don't label me just yet.
Capt. Foley
+155|6626|Allentown, PA, USA
Well I for one would be VERY happy if they got there way. And oh yea, liberals are tollerent of everybody...even people who blow the shit out of there country, oh yea, there patriotic...
Not
Great success!
+216|6615|Chandler, AZ

Capt. Foley wrote:

Well I for one would be VERY happy if they got there way. And oh yea, liberals are tollerent of everybody...even people who blow the shit out of there country, oh yea, there patriotic...
Based on the LAW of this country, which is what makes it truly great and seperate from the "Barbarians" we seek to destroy, yes it is patriotic. They have the backbone to stand up for what this country was founded on rather than running the knee-jerk execution that so many "Patriotic" right wingers want.

Be careful when talking about Patriotism, all it takes is a little loosening of a couple laws, a loss of a few values, and you fall from patriotism to fascism.

Let me pose this question to everyone who says the libs support terrorism by wanting to give these people trials. Do you honestly think that the libs want them to get off with an innocent verdict? And do you think that even if they did, that any court in the US would find a known and active terrorist not guilty?

Where has the conservative mindset gone? Am I the only conservative left who cares about the constitution and doesn't want to see our justice system crumble into running thieves' arms over with Humvees?

I'm all for protecting our country, but please try to remember even through the fog of this war that we're a country, somewhere deep down there, founded on principles of freedom and law. We prosecute our criminals, we don't behead them on the spot. Guns aren't the only things that protect this country folks, people who stand up for the core values we were founded on do as well.

Last edited by Not (2006-08-18 15:30:33)

Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6728|Tampa Bay Florida

Not wrote:

Capt. Foley wrote:

Based on the LAW of this country, which is what makes it truly great and seperate from the "Barbarians" we seek to destroy, yes it is patriotic. They have the backbone to stand up for what this country was founded on rather than running the knee-jerk execution that so many "Patriotic" right wingers want.

Be careful when talking about Patriotism, all it takes is a little loosening of a couple laws, a loss of a few values, and you fall from patriotism to fascism.

Let me pose this question to everyone who says the libs support terrorism by wanting to give these people trials. Do you honestly think that the libs want them to get off with an innocent verdict? And do you think that even if they did, that any court in the US would find a known and active terrorist not guilty?

Where has the conservative mindset gone? Am I the only conservative left who cares about the constitution and doesn't want to see our justice system crumble into running thieves' arms over with Humvees?

I'm all for protecting our country, but please try to remember even through the fog of this war that we're a country, somewhere deep down there, founded on principles of freedom and law. We prosecute our criminals, we don't behead them on the spot. Guns aren't the only things that protect this country folks, people who stand up for the core values we were founded on.
most of the Cons nowadays (except Cons like you, apparently) seem to think the world is black and white.  either you go all out, invading countries, killing tens of thousands of innocent people, all for the sake of defeating terrorism, or you support them and want them to destroy your country
Not
Great success!
+216|6615|Chandler, AZ
Exactly and that's the problem. If things were as simple as that everyone would be dead by now. Cons tend to overreact as if Armageddon is on its way to America in a flaming chariot next week. Libs tend to underreact as if these terrorists are all just misunderstood and need hugs.

That's not to say that Cons who support the war want to see everyone dead. Some of them, like me, understand that war is necessary but we don't support some of the reasons we're there, and a Con like me definitely doesn't approve of the way the war was carried out from a strategic standpoint.

Also, Libs aren't around to set terrorists free or give them pardons. They're mostly just looking to uphold the structure of our government and legal systems while ignorant Cons would love to just get medieval and resort to the same behavior our enemies still engage in. Of course any of the garbage Cons you see on TV or hear on the radio will leave that little thing called the CONSTITUTION out of nearly any conversation. Watch Hannity bully someone and cut their mic any time he's caught in a contradiction of his values, which is very often.

To be honest I consider myself a pretty hardcore Conservative. But I'm not an idiot. Don't listen to the Conservative talk shows without thinking about what they're saying for yourself. They're arrogant mouthpieces for a failed administration that should be ashamed to call itself Republican. Real conservatives think this administration is a disgrace. They're weak on immigration, they're weak on the war, and they're weak on domestic industry. Why the Bush Administration didn't run as Green still confuses me to this day. Borders, language, and culture are the points that I'm really staunch about, and these people just can't deliver. I'm tired of a watered down America.

(On that same note, never listen to Lib talk shows without thinking either. It's all political either way.)
phnxfrhwk
Oddly enough I'm finding more and more that nowadays the politics of America are just upsetting. In fact about a month or two ago I just gave up on watching the news all together. Two women one representing Republicans and another representing Democrats argue back and forth about the entire gas price issue. One says we need to open up more pipelines in the US to bring in more oil the other says we need to start using E85. Neither could concede to the fact that both were good ideas. I sat there thinking to myself why not open up more pipelines in the US for  immediate relief on the gas prices until the E85 thing is up and running (this question was asked on the show and both disagreed that it would help at all). Although I do wonder. If the US goes to E85 the way that the South American country did (I think it was Brazil but I'm not positive and I don't feel like looking it up on the Internet right now) What would be the point of having so much oil in reserves? Not to mention the effect it would have on the foreign oil industry.
jonsimon
+224|6534
After evolution is banned along with stem cells and abortion, the country would be devided between sects of christianity. Eventually it would be the same thing, but dumber, and with more corporate opression.
jonsimon
+224|6534

phnxfrhwk wrote:

Oddly enough I'm finding more and more that nowadays the politics of America are just upsetting. In fact about a month or two ago I just gave up on watching the news all together. Two women one representing Republicans and another representing Democrats argue back and forth about the entire gas price issue. One says we need to open up more pipelines in the US to bring in more oil the other says we need to start using E85. Neither could concede to the fact that both were good ideas. I sat there thinking to myself why not open up more pipelines in the US for  immediate relief on the gas prices until the E85 thing is up and running (this question was asked on the show and both disagreed that it would help at all). Although I do wonder. If the US goes to E85 the way that the South American country did (I think it was Brazil but I'm not positive and I don't feel like looking it up on the Internet right now) What would be the point of having so much oil in reserves? Not to mention the effect it would have on the foreign oil industry.
Slightly off topic, ethanol will not work for the US. We do not have the airable land to grow enough corn to feed ourselves, let alone fuel ourselves. Ethanol only works for south american regions because they can use sugarcane, which grows like a weed there. Plus, sugarcane is banned in the US thanks to the sugar beet farmers of America.
CommieChipmunk
+488|6608|Portland, OR, USA
If liberals left, there would be no.. world left.  It would all be america.  War mongering conservatives would try to fight every single country out their until they ruled the world... because its good for the economy. I would hate to see a world full of americas.  I mean i love this place, in terms of lifestyle and everything, but the greed and "must have" attitude is rediculous.... i'm to tired too start defending my arguments so tear me apart..lol
phnxfrhwk

jonsimon wrote:

phnxfrhwk wrote:

Slightly off topic, ethanol will not work for the US. We do not have the airable land to grow enough corn to feed ourselves, let alone fuel ourselves. Ethanol only works for south american regions because they can use sugarcane, which grows like a weed there. Plus, sugarcane is banned in the US thanks to the sugar beet farmers of America.
Interesting I did not know this.
JOJOBA
my penis itches
+18|6572|Columbus, OH

AlbertWesker[RE] wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Ok what do you think this country would be like if the America Love it or leave it people got there way?
Well, a lot of the American hating libs would be outta here so schools would be a lot better...the ACLU would pretty much be GONE...ummm Lets see what else, More guns Less crime

No Barney

ok jeez i'm joking guys calm down.

Interesting question, I don't know, the whole point of America is to have differing viewpoints.  I think it should stay the way it is and people should just CALM DOWN.
i saw a bumper sticker somewhere that said, "an armed society is a polite society" i think thats what it said.  some people dont understand that taking away guns will do absolutely nothing, cause the law abiding citizens that have guns dont use them in crime, where the criminals use guns no matter what, taking guns away from everyone wont take guns from the villans, cause they will find a way to get more.
jonsimon
+224|6534

JOJOBA wrote:

AlbertWesker[RE] wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Ok what do you think this country would be like if the America Love it or leave it people got there way?
Well, a lot of the American hating libs would be outta here so schools would be a lot better...the ACLU would pretty much be GONE...ummm Lets see what else, More guns Less crime

No Barney

ok jeez i'm joking guys calm down.

Interesting question, I don't know, the whole point of America is to have differing viewpoints.  I think it should stay the way it is and people should just CALM DOWN.
i saw a bumper sticker somewhere that said, "an armed society is a polite society" i think thats what it said.  some people dont understand that taking away guns will do absolutely nothing, cause the law abiding citizens that have guns dont use them in crime, where the criminals use guns no matter what, taking guns away from everyone wont take guns from the villans, cause they will find a way to get more.
Theoretically. But the "law abiding citizen" and the "criminal" are in fact the same man. Any normal Joe can become Big Bubba in a day. Making ownership of guns more difficult would dramatically reduce the number of male suicides, the majority of which are done with guns because they are avaliable and the only quick and painless option. However, a people without guns would never have the potential to rise against an oppressive government. Perhaps a happy medium is best.
eatmywheaties
+2|6797
if we went to 'love it or leave it', we'd turn into canada.
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6529|Menlo Park, CA

SGT.Slayero wrote:

i like that idea
Yea, if I dont like the place I work, I quit!

If I dont like the radio station I just switch the dial. . .

If I get food poisoning from a restaurant, I dont go back. . .

If I love something, I stand by it, I fight for it, and I dont turn my back on it!! If I dont, I leave it. . .

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard