jnick
+22|6790
So I figured since almost every other question has been asked, why not stats/award questions? After all this is a stats site :p So after seeing a few shots of the game, I see obvious changes, however a SS can't tell us everything. One of the first things I noticed is now Promotions, Awards, and Dog Tags appear bottom center of the screen rather than popping out from the minimap.

I also saw that EA decided to let us know what the reuirements are for each award as well as progress bars in BFHQ. I thought that was pretty awesome! No more guessing or reading python files, w00t ()! I also noticed that they seemed to use graphs as well on that stats page . . . looks quite familiar too! (Go Chuy!!).

Anyhoo, onto the questions .

General

1.) Do promotions & awards still play a nifty tune? With the whole "You have been recommended for an award"? If so, is the new tune the same? Or has it changed? If it's changed - for the better or worse?

2.) What about dog tags? If you knife someone, does it play a tune as well? Or just show the dog tags bottom center? Still on the dog tags, does BFHQ have a sort of "dog tag gallery", containg all the dog tags you've acquired?

Ranks

1.) I'm assuming the ranks are "futuristic" ranks, correct? For instance, it's not the "accurate" ranks of the Army, as in BF2, is it? I did see there was Private and Corporal . . . but does it go off coruse to some ficticious ranking "names"?

2.) I heard in some video interview that there's something like 40+ ranks!? I'm not sure if they list all the ranks in BFHQ, however I was just wondering if anyone in the beta knows if this is correct?

3.) I also saw in some SS someone posted that the first rank is reached at 40 points. I was wondering if someone has the break down for the first few ranks and their requirements. (I'm going to assume that you get to rank up quite a few times within your first few hundred points.)

Awards

1.) Just to confirm, BFHQ now shows the actual requirements for each and every award, correct?

2.) I saw in a screenie that there are Medals, Badges, Ribbons, and Pins. I'm assuming this is a new type of award representing uniform pins? Do these contain unique requirements? Or are these received by being promoted (rank pins)?

3.) From the screen shot I saw of the medals, there seemed to be quite a few of them (much more than BF2). Is this the same with the Badges, Ribbons, and newly found pins?

4.) I've read that there will be more than 115 awards! If one would be kind enough (or bored enough) could you supply us with a count of how many of each award there are? (in this format):

Medals = ?
Badges = ?
Ribbons = ?
Pins = ?

5.) From the reqiurements shown; are they as ludicrous as in BF2 (before 1.3)? Would you mind posting an example of both a generic requirement for a medal, badge, ribbon, and/or pin - as well as one of the most advanced requirememnts for a medal, badge, ribbon, and/or pin.

6.) Are the badges themed the same? Meaning kit badges, vehicle badges, etc. Is there any badge which is of a new category (not kit, vehicle, or teamwork badge)? Same for medals, ribbons and pins?

Phew, that was a lot to type! With that said, it's also a LOT to answer! Don't feel obligated to answer all the questions. If you only want to answer one or two, that's fine! Once you answer, I'll edit this post with the answer as well as the contributors name who answered it. In the end, we can have our own little Stats/Award FAQ going on (I will edit the questions so they fit the answers better).

Yes, I know the game does not revolve around stats/awards. I know it's just a bunch of digital digits and pixels. However, this is something people have not asked yet, and therefore it's an open topic for discussion! I also realize that this tuning beta isn't for questions such as this, but rather for testing game stability; but we all can have a little bit of fun, can't we?

Finally, Since I can't provide much for answering the questions, what I will do is + karma the people who answer. For those that answer the more longer, tedious questions (Such as award count and/or award req for basic and advanced) I'll obviously give you more than just +1 karma! Though Karma doesn't mean all that much, at least it's something! don't forget, you're also helping out the community !

Cheers .

Last edited by jnick (2006-08-18 23:05:46)

VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6713|Antarctica
All beta testers are under the NDA, other than the official news players are not allowed to report on anything ingame.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6755|The United Center

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

All beta testers are under the NDA, other than the official news players are not allowed to report on anything ingame.
I thought they just weren't allowed to show any media...?
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6713|Antarctica
They are under an DNA when signing up for the beta.  That means no info whatsoever that has not been posted before.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6755|The United Center

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

They are under an DNA when signing up for the beta.  That means no info whatsoever that has not been posted before.
Well I'm sure all of this info has been posted somewhere before.  If you go into the game code, I'll bet it's posted in there somewhere.
jnick
+22|6790
Doh, I swore it was just media (pics & vids)? Hmm, then why are there a bunch of other threads with various information from beta testors?

Bleh, oh well. If you feel like answering, more power to ya! If not, just let the thread be and once the NDA is lifted, and the beta goes to the Open phase (2-3 weeks?), we'll revive it .

Last edited by jnick (2006-08-18 23:19:11)

tool03
+5|6534|Japan Owki
Can't you just tell a “friend” about some of the stuff in the game who can then tell the rest of us. That way it's all just "hear say" and none of it's "confirmed".
-xXx-MoFo
+5|6626
What a real gay way to stick it to the rest of us.lol

No one says anything about the beta... Its so Top secret.. thats just gay ..No one has balls anymore absolutley no one .. This is why the game sucks shit cause pussies beta test it...
DirtyMexican
I knife Generals
+278|6545|Search Whore killing fields
NDA followers are pussys.
Viper007Bond
Moderator Emeritus
+236|6813|Portland, OR, USA

DirtyMexican wrote:

No, NDA followers are those that wanna keep playing the beta.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/044900892044e7fc95e599e832a086ae9bcd7efb.png
shaggy92
R's Ah Fah Losah's
+21|6496|BOSTON
i got the beta and since  i got it there are there wierd sniper guys following me around just incase i say anything
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6724|Riva, MD

tool03 wrote:

Can't you just tell a “friend” about some of the stuff in the game who can then tell the rest of us. That way it's all just "hear say" and none of it's "confirmed".
That's a good idea.
DirtyMexican
I knife Generals
+278|6545|Search Whore killing fields

Viper007Bond wrote:

DirtyMexican wrote:

No, NDA followers are those that wanna keep playing the beta.
pussys
mattajohnstone
+15|6796
ffs beta testers where are your balls
just tell a friend who hasnt got the beta that way he cant get done and banned from the beta because he hasnt agreed to the NDA. Just tell someone you can trust. If you want pm  me and ill post it. I will also not give any names so you won't get into shit.
Just think if you do it this way we all get what we want...

hehe i want to know about this game as much as the next guy on here.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard