Ben>You
+90|6535

Talon wrote:

Weapons, weapons, weapons. I thought you used Spec Ops at first (slowest killing guns), but you have most hours with assault. If you're using the M16, don't. Its a very slow killer due to the burst mode. Use the Ak47, AK101, G3 or F2000. Also, use your next unlock on the PKM support  weapon. Your stats show you never play support, I'm not surprised with the rubbish default weapons. But the PKM is possibly the best weapon in the game, very accurate, very powerful and 100 shots a clip.

In the meantime, practice using the RPK (MEC support weapon).
RPK is the shit, and you fail at picking good weapons. PKM is for nubs, F2k is for nubs, G3 is for nubs. Use stock guns and you'll gain alot more respect a hell of alot quicker.
sgt.sonner
the electric eel has got me by the brain banana
+146|6542|Denmizzark!!
Some of my friends who played alotta CS had the same problem.. just remember not to move to much while firing(except if you are using shotty´s or the ak-101 at close range)
spacebandit72
Dead Meat
+121|6739|Michigan
I just say practice. Always join a squad.
I was sniper for the first part of the past year and did good but the 1 on 1 sucked!
I have a friend who is better than me and I always join his squad. As a team we rock!
We use x-fire. Communication is key. If you know where someone is... they may not know where you are. That is an advantage.
My stats suck but I'm getting better. I'm winning 1 on 1 about half the time now.
Another thing, play smart! don't walk the same path as most do. If you do, be ready and defend yourself w/ grenades. It makes no difference what gun you have because everyone uses something different.
Learn your kit. Know exactly what you are capable of.
Only zoom for longer shots and never in intense battle.

The best advice though... just have fun.
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6636|Warlord

kingjes wrote:

I hate it! I hate the fact that I am the WORSE at the one on one fire fight!
You know I was getting ready to post that no, you're not, I am. But checking your stats I see you're currently almost exactly the same as I was in April as far as assault rifles goes. Your sniper stats are better: higher KDR and much better accuracy.

kingjes wrote:

I dont get it! I dont know what the hell Im doing wrong!
That's the $64,000 question.

kingjes wrote:

I get into a one on one fight and it never seems to fail, the other guy will drop, roll over and shot me in the face! haha It seems like Im hitting them but out of happit I always aim for center mass. It seems to me like Im hitting the other guy like 3-4 times then they hit me once and DEAD!
Yep, I know exactly what you mean.

kingjes wrote:

I try to move but once I start moving I cant aim worth sh!t. I play the assult kit and the sniper kit most of all. As a sniper Im not bad, I can aim, but I just cant aim while moving!
Your sniper stats aren't half bad, I'd suggest you play it more. Just like in school, doing something you enjoy tends to go better and you'll find playing more fun than if you're getting owned repeatedly; that's pretty much the main reason I stopped using other kits most of the time and started sniping almost exclusively. I am certainly average when it comes to face-to-face encounters with automatic weapons but I'm not bad as a sniper; you may be similar and lots of practice sniping helps to improve your reflexes and natural aim, which can translate to using other guns.

Moving and aiming simultaneously is something that some people are good at and some aren't. You can get better with practice but if you find after a while that you're still just not getting it just don't do it! Drop to a crouch or prone to shoot instead. As a sniper you won't have to do this much unless you like to play as a combat sniper (in the thick of things).

kingjes wrote:

Is there any help you folks can give a fella? I have been trying single player mode with the bots on easy and aiming for the heads but its just not like the real thing. Is that the trick? Aim for the head in a fire fight?
Practicing in singleplayer is definitely a good idea. No, they don't move like real people but it takes a lot of the pressure off knowing the other guy isn't a human. Move on up to the top difficulty (expert?) they really are a challenge at that level and you'll have to be on your toes to keep up; don't expect to do well initially. You might also consider practicing on unranked servers, that way any noobishness won't affect your stats.

Since you have SF one other thing I might suggest is you could practice assault there as the SCAR-H is a damned fine gun and easier to aim accurately with for most people because of the red-dot sight. If you're not a SEAL then the AKs are great, high damage, pretty accurate and have full auto, unlike the M16s which I think are guns suited to a particular type of player as burst fire is very much a matter of taste.

You might also want to try going medic more, since you're still using assault rifles but you have the ability to heal yourself after a close encounter which can really help you to keep going during long engagements (so the next guy doesn't finish what the first guy started before you can find a medic). And although it is also a burst-fire weapon the G35E is awesomely accurate and well worth practicing with.

SGT.Slayero wrote:

loonitic wrote:

Drop into prone when your going 1 on 1 as it improves your accuracy
and reduces ur damage
Being prone doesn't reduce your damage (it actually makes hits to the head a little more likely apart from anything) it just makes you a smaller target.

Talon wrote:

But the PKM is possibly the best weapon in the game, very accurate, very powerful and 100 shots a clip.
Belt. The assault rifles and carbines don't have clips either, they're mags

As far as the PKM goes, see, this is a similar thing. I can't seem to hit dick with it! Even zoomed in I do poorly and I know that other people own using it as I've been on the receiving end too many times to count; at range when the guy's prone and up close when I've been downed really quickly by a short burst but the other guy's standing. I've nearly overheated the damned thing in that sort of situation and not won; checking the Wiki it's easy to see I have to be missing completely (unless there's an extra-armour cheat out there!) given how few bullets with 45 damage it takes to actually down someone
pennangton
From Israel with love
+7|6744|Israel

SGT.Slayero wrote:

u will get better dont give up i sucked to once realy bad horably now look at my stats. PID:71360922
Yeah, checked your stats, you still suck.

Last edited by pennangton (2006-08-18 13:28:58)

kingjes
+4|6771|Atwater, Ca
Thank you todd_ I would karma you but I dont have the rights toyet..
-jes

You do not yet have enough posts to karma others.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6575|England

Pick 1 weapon and stick to it. Dont "spray and pray" - use your weapon in controlled bursts.
Medium to Long range, ALWAYS go prone. Only time not to, is if there is cover near you to hide/bug out of the firefight. At these ranges, always zoom in for better accuracy and a good scope.
As close range, for me, I tend to run around them. I find going prone/crouch is the worst thing that you can do, and NEVER zoom in.

Most weapons, on auto fire mode, can fire 2-5 bullets accuratly at medium range. That takes practise, and I can do that with an L85A1.
Long range, single shot and only single shot with any weapon.

Good guns to practise with and pick up easiliy, are the AK101, 47 and even the G3. They are not very good at long range though, which is where the L85A1 comes in. But due to its innaccuracy, if you are having problems with firefights, Id recommend not using it unless you feel you can use it well and pick it up straight away. I did...and have never looked back.

Keep at it, it will come eventually. I find that Mashtuur and Sharqi require the best forms of Infantry flexibility due to their vastly different ranges between flags for the whole round as either team - and you wont get nades/claymores ruining your day nowhere near as much as karkand.
Fredrik
i hate you all
+201|6657|Norway

DeadboyUSMC wrote:

Fredrik wrote:

Play WOW.
Another jackass brought to you by the anonymity of the Internet!
Yeah, those jackasses who can`t take a joke for what it is troll.

Edit: And speaking of anononymity: I use my real first name, not some retarded 12 year old kids nick like you...

Last edited by Fredrik (2006-08-18 17:03:26)

CrazeD
+368|6681|Maine

SGT.Slayero wrote:

u will get better dont give up i sucked to once realy bad horably now look at my stats. PID:71360922
You...still aren't that great.
oneshotsnipednoobfag
+9|6513
once you see someone drop to the ground and start oneshotting them at a time if they are a ways away, dont shoot spurts or full auto from a distance cuz you wont hit em at all, if 10 yards awawy shoot spurts and if they are right by you unload
Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6769

Ben>You wrote:

RPK is the shit, and you fail at picking good weapons. PKM is for nubs, F2k is for nubs, G3 is for nubs. Use stock guns and you'll gain alot more respect a hell of alot quicker.
Bit rich coming from someone with only 4 hours with LMGs...

Respect? I dont give a shit. Killing the enemy before he kills me is all I care about. And why are they noob weapons exactly? PKM - incredibly low rate of fire requires good accuracy or you'll hit nothing. F2000 - AK with a scope, essentially. If you dont like scopes its your problem... And G3, probably the least nooby weapon of all. Having only 20 shots a magazine requires discipline. Although I shouldn't expect discipline from a karkandwhore with a DAO-12. Thats a noob weapon. Point it down an alley, hit the mouse button 5 times and they die...

Last edited by Talon (2006-08-21 07:26:32)

DeadboyUSMC
+65|6708|NCFSU2

Fredrik wrote:

DeadboyUSMC wrote:

Fredrik wrote:

Play WOW.

Edit: And speaking of anononymity: I use my real first name, not some retarded 12 year old kids nick like you...
That's cute you use your real name. Since we're on the subject of "real", I actually was in the Marines and I'm in the picture that I use as my signature.

As for trolling, I'm sure the a smart ass remark such as the one I quoted from you counts. Takes one to know one?

To use internet lingo: FAIL.
Souljah
+42|6676

ig88 wrote:

Talon wrote:

Weapons, weapons, weapons. I thought you used Spec Ops at first (slowest killing guns), but you have most hours with assault. If you're using the M16, don't. Its a very slow killer due to the burst mode. Use the G3 or F2000. Also, use your next unlock on the PKM support  weapon. Your stats show you never play support, I'm not surprised with the rubbish default weapons. But the PKM is possibly the best weapon in the game, very accurate, very powerful and 100 shots a clip.
slowest killing guns?
m16=slow killer?
pkm best gun?????
FAIL
QFT! the m16 isnt  a slow killer. if used right its a devastating weapon. although i would take any ak over it. but i would take the m16 instead of the f2000.
as for the poster, all i can say is when i started out i used the spec op guns. they are real accurate. but the down side is it doesnt do that much damage and you cant take that much damage. but once you get used to aiming with that gun everything else will seem so easy. like when you go assault. the guns do so much more damage so you kill targets faster. plus you get body armor so you dont die as fast. of course when you first start you might get owned couple of times but remeber, you have to learn to crawl before you can walk.
CanadianLoser
Meow :3 :3
+1,148|6516
for me, i go into the battle killa few guys, die and do it again.  I haven't the greatest k:d ratios but i dont care, I am usually one of the top of the team cause im not afraid to die.

I like the g3 A LOT and support guns (saw and rpk) cause u dont reload often.

if i swing around a corner and see a guy infront of me, i usually lay down and shoot mad, usually aim higher body/head.

GL
Clockwork-Ownage
+10|6577
KIngJes........

ITS ALL ABOUT THE PRONE SPAM!!!!!!!!!!!

Heres what ya do:

See enemy, hold down either strafe button, then hit prone (you will roll, but you won't notice it on your screen) then, hit your crouch key to quickly get back up followed by either strafe key and prone again for another roll.

I play S/F in "G.I.JOES" "ROCKHEADGAMING" "MODERS GHOST-TOWN" "LUSTHOGSQUADCHICAGO" I only play S/F, but I have 1000 hours and am more than willing to teach the nue guys!

In the pastI have gotten Karma from some folks for pissing on these so-called "Dipshit-Divers" But what I explained has no "hop" to it.

I used to hate the hoppers too, nowadays when I want to bunny-hop and play like a maniac, I play in servers that allow it.

Keep in mind that some servers don't allow this type of play, one server that I frequent because I both LOVE and HATE theyre rules is the lusthogsquadchicago I play there to get away from the bunnyhoppers and baserapers when i don't fell like bunnyhopping or baseraping.
Clockwork-Ownage
+10|6577

Fredrik wrote:

DeadboyUSMC wrote:

Fredrik wrote:

Play WOW.

Easy, easy. Frederique'
HCSkorpio
Hind Secks
+8|6545|California
All I can say....is

during face to face combat...pretty much what happens in BF2...try to flank the other guy.  Move towards his side...I never aim for the head...cause that takes way too long.

I always let the guy shoot first..cause the first hits usually for me miss me..then blast him away...lol...its like a real ROE

I recommend using any powerful RUS gun to start out with...like AK-101...RPK-74.

US guns are good too...but you need to get the jump on them..the M16 is great long range in semi.

Still remember its a game...people with poor K/D ratios try to play like its real life...just jump in..and remember when you die you can respawn.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6639|Washington, DC

Yeah i've got it pretty bad too I've been playing for like a year... and I still suck. I get a rather humble SPM and KDR. I know it's a silly video game that won't mean anything in 2 years but meh. I like shiny ranks. Unfortunately no matter what I do, I can never seem to top 3.0 SPM and thats med whoring on a 64-man Karkand server. Boring.
[mcp]eltorrente
+26|6517
If you want to learn to do well in a one-on-one, there is one thing you MUST DO before anything else!  Watch "Unforgiven" and pay attention to the lessons learned - you need to take an extra half-second to get your bearings and aim properly.

If you are a full-auto kind of guy, train yourself to shoot in bursts and let your reticle settle before firing.

I run around on semi-auto most of the time as a special forces guy.  If I see someone at medium distance, I generally crouch immediately and fire a few rounds, then if he is still alive I go prone and finish him off.  If he is a little closer and/or I'm getting tagged, I'll stand up after first crouching and strafe to the side and fire, then crouch again and hopefully finish him off.

Some people jump in the air and immediately go prone, but that's cheesy in my book so I never jump unless it's over an object.  No need to really - just keep your head and crouch and be calm.  Most people get too excited and end up dead - like in the last scene of "Unforgiven" .  btw I say that tounge-in-cheek, but the fact is that it was after that movie that I started paying attention to my technique and realized that there is something to be said about just remaining calm and making sure you are on target before pulling the trigger.

edit:  btw, the G-36C is absolutely the best gun in the game.  I can kill anybody I see, at quite far distances.  This is like a fast shooting mini-sniper gun - it really is excellent.  Up close the big guns rule, but most of the time you aren't right next to your enemy.

Last edited by [mcp]eltorrente (2006-08-23 23:45:49)

PspRpg-7
-
+961|6707

I swear, I'm going to start "Psp's school of being a lamer!" Class one is dolphin diving. Class two is prone spamming.
j5f5ff
+11|6759
Maybe it's your computer or your connection.  I've had the pleasure of playing on my brothers super computer and, really, it's like playing a different game.  Lag can make it hard to win without being sneeky.

Still fun though 
Jbrar
rawr
+86|6550|Winterpeg, Canada
seeing as u play alot of assault, i found u don't use ur GL. Say it with me, THE GRENADE LAUNCHER IS MY FRIEND. Learn to use it  in close situations (it can bounce off walls if ur close enough, so around corner if ur skilled) figure out the sights in single player, master it, and it'll back up ur 1 on 1 fights.
SEMPER
+4|6468

Ben>You wrote:

PKM is for nubs, F2k is for nubs, G3 is for nubs. Use stock guns and you'll gain alot more respect a hell of alot quicker.
fail.
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6636|Warlord

[mcp]eltorrente wrote:

If you want to learn to do well in a one-on-one, there is one thing you MUST DO before anything else!  Watch "Unforgiven" and pay attention to the lessons learned - you need to take an extra half-second to get your bearings and aim properly.
And snipers should control their breathing and shoot between heartbeats too, right?

This is a game; things that may, or may not, work in the real world don't necessarily apply to gameplay. In BF2 the guy who comes out ahead in a face-to-face is the guy who shoots first and/or most accurately, with the edge given to the more powerful gun (plus other factors annoying related to connection quality and computer power).

Seriously, if you did exactly as you just said, took half a second to 'get your bearings' before shooting, quite a bit of the time you'd already be dead. Hell, even against me I'd already have put a sniper round in your chest and be switching for the pistol and since you like to play Spec Ops I only need to hit you once more That tactic sounds like it's intended for moderate range or for when the other player doesn't see you yet.
[mcp]eltorrente
+26|6517

Todd_Angelo wrote:

[mcp]eltorrente wrote:

And snipers should control their breathing and shoot between heartbeats too, right?

This is a game; things that may, or may not, work in the real world don't necessarily apply to gameplay. In BF2 the guy who comes out ahead in a face-to-face is the guy who shoots first and/or most accurately, with the edge given to the more powerful gun (plus other factors annoying related to connection quality and computer power).

Seriously, if you did exactly as you just said, took half a second to 'get your bearings' before shooting, quite a bit of the time you'd already be dead. Hell, even against me I'd already have put a sniper round in your chest and be switching for the pistol and since you like to play Spec Ops I only need to hit you once more That tactic sounds like it's intended for moderate range or for when the other player doesn't see you yet.
My point is to not panick and pull the trigger and start spraying.  I'm just saying to aim before you shoot.  Don't take me so literally and time out a half second -  I just mean to make sure you don't pull the trigger until you know you are going to hit him.   Too many people pull the trigger and keep it there and hope something good happens, but they are just wasting bullets unless right next to the guy.

The snipers that kill me in one-on-one surprise situations are the ones that don't fire immediately and end up hitting me in the body, the ones that beat me take the little extra time to aim for and hit me in the head.  If they hit me in the body first I'll usually kill them before they can reload or maybe switch to pistol.

When jeeps pull up and the guy jumps into the gunner seat, I crouch or prone depending on distance, and carefully aim for his head before pulling trigger.    I have a surprising number of times that I've straight up killed the guy because I didn't panick and just stayed calm in the face of fire and popped him in the head.  You CAN'T do this with an M-16, or AK, or other "big" gun unless you are fairly close.  With my favorite G36C, you zap someone right thru that gunner slit.

You are correct though- I'm mostly talking about medium range stuff since that is where my fav gun really shines.

Up close I'll just be in full auto, aiming for the head, and running toward him and to the side, to circle around him.  People usually drop immediately so I like to keep running when at 1M range.

Last edited by [mcp]eltorrente (2006-08-24 11:22:46)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard