Poll

What if a big spider appears right behind your PC monitor ?

you look for a newspaper/tool to smash it39%39% - 41
you keep staring at it, until it disappears under table5%5% - 6
you try to catch it for your living-spider-collection4%4% - 5
you keep on playing BF2 or reading the forum15%15% - 16
you scream for help and/or flee from the room23%23% - 24
you think this room needs vacuumcleaning soon11%11% - 12
Total: 104
MajorHoulahan_MASH
+31|6724
While browsing the forum, I noticed a - big - spider slowly moving on the wall behind my PC-monitor into view.

Usually , when this happen, I grab a newspaper or such and smash it, if the spider is quite big (2 inches diameter)

This time it was resting on the power-outlet of the computer, so I had no "clear shot " it.

Now it moved onto the computer table, hiding behind the printer, the clever bastard.

While looking around for a better smash-tool, the spider disappeared.
- Where is a Mk32A Jackhammer when you need it ..... -

I took the vacuumcleaner out to scare the thing away, and after that I got back to reading/typing the BF2S Forum, feeling a bit itchy in general.

What would YOU have done ?
FesterTheMolester
BF2s US Server Admin, IRC>Forums
+157|6642|The Mind Of A Cereal Killer
I Fucking Hate Spiders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>LOD<Dougalachi
Teh_Complainer
+85|6557|An Hour North of Indy
i kill spiders
SGT.Slayero
+98|6467|Life in a vacuum sucks
HATE HATE SPIDERS AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! 
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6694|Calgary
Spiders I don't mind, its the damn flies that buzz around my face piss me off
plastic_budgie
+114|6753|England : East Yorkshire
Spider's own keep the flies away
SGT.Slayero

Superslim wrote:

i dont mind flys just stay away from my FOOD!!
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6520|Montucky
unless its a tarantula, black widow, Barn Spider or Brown Recluse,  I'll just smash it with my bare hands. unless I'm feeling the need to make the spider suffer a bit I'll take a few legs off and watch it run around with 5 legs.

When in the Military the sick bastards that had to spit every 5 seconds while using chewing tobacco, we'd catch a spider and make him OD on nicotine.

The most "humane" form of death for a spider i believe is burial at sea, grab a wad of toilet paper, catch the little bastard and send him to the septic tank via toilet.
Wheelchairdude
Leader of Cripples!
+8|6529|Rochester Minnesoata

Superslim wrote:

Teell me about it. There's been two flies in my room that keep waking me up. Pisses me off.
Ether151
Banned
+22|6662
I live i Arizona so the spiders we have here are huge, but I have had a couple of tarantulas as pets that I let crawl on my head or shoulder so bugs, snakes things like that don't really phase me.
SGT.Slayero
i hate spiders
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6567|Area 51

SGT.Slayero wrote:

HATE HATE SPIDERS AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! 
Brasso
+1,549|6632

Crap, man, I think you need to do some house cleaning.  The biggest spiders my house has are little 1/4 inch house spiders.

Wheelchairdude wrote:

Superslim wrote:

Teell me about it. There's been two flies in my room that keep waking me up. Pisses me off.
lol me too, my mini-cactus died and little flies keep coming from it...maybe i should throw it out...

Ether151 wrote:

I live i Arizona so the spiders we have here are huge, but I have had a couple of tarantulas as pets that I let crawl on my head or shoulder so bugs, snakes things like that don't really phase me.
snakes are fine, i have a garter snake, but spiders and bugs are nasty as shit.

Last edited by haffeysucks (2006-08-18 20:23:34)

"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
deadawakeing
Ummmmmmmmmmmmm
+145|6484
this has happened before first i get scared a Lil shock then i find something to whack that Lil fucker.

Last edited by deadawakeing (2006-08-18 15:54:01)

Slam
+74|6637
ill leave the spider alone if it does the same 4 me. its bees i HATE. like 2 weeks ago ro w/e i was playing bf2 and eating.(good combo ) and some buzzin noise comes. thought it was a fly and then BAM. BEE IN MY FOOD!!!! then it started to hover around my head so i had to leave me comp and kill it. i failed to kill it but it did go away.(back out the window woot!!) when i came back to my comp both my food and me(ingame) were toast....fuckin bees
MajorHoulahan_MASH
+31|6724
If you hate flies/flys , you must KEEP spiders !
broncobullfrog
Extra Tender Juicy SPINY
+58|6753|The 70's
I really thought this was going to be one of Fancys threads.
jonnykill
The Microwave Man
+235|6681
Spiders are beneficial "pests" . They will eat most other insects and work FOR you lol .
If I find one in the house I collect it on a sheet of paper and toss it down stairs in the basement .
If YOU don't have a basement then toss it in the garage or outside .

Spider facts ( you'll love this ) : You are never more then 6 feet from a spider at all times . During your life time you will eat about 300 spiders in your sleep . You will be bitten by spiders several dozen times a  year and not even know it .

Forget spiders , they are nothing compared to other pests .I ust got into pest control . Since I've been on the job doing low income housing apartments I've seen it all in a short time . One guy moved his refrigerator so I could spray behind it and literally 400 baby cockroaches scattered and climbed up the wall . He also had 2 leaks , one in the kitchen and one in the bath room . The bath room had about 500-700 Nat's , fruit flies and drain lies - worst I've ever seen . One place had bed bugs like you wouldn't believe . I would say the guy put up with them for about a month before putting his name on the list to be treated . Took me 5 treatments to get that place under control . I went into one apartment where the lady just took off and never returned for 3 months . She had fleas . So I go in and spray and then place a Flea bomb in the middle of the carpet . I quickly step outside and the janitor says " Hey man , look at your socks . " My white socks were BLACK - COVERED IN FLEAS !!!!!!!!!!
I ripped them off immediately and sprayed them down and tossed them in the dumpster . I checked my legs and saw a few still left over . I picked them all off and when I got the last one a crushed and rolled him in my finger with all my strength . I slowly opened my finger grip and the fucker jumped and disappeared .

Starting to feel itchy now ???

Last edited by jonnykill (2006-08-18 16:47:50)

BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6753|Chicago.
Let it live, and crawl away. If it comes after me, its one dead arachnid...

Last edited by BigmacK (2006-08-18 16:51:15)

tyme414
+29|6643
I live in the basement, and the ceiling about me is falling out, so theres a hole right above my head, and about 8 times a day, a spider will drop down and just dangle between me and my monitor... its scary sometimes when its a big spider :-O
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6574

I'm arachnephobic, so if I see a spider I panic and do anything to get out of the room lol. No matter the size of it, or anything, I won't be happy until it's dead. I'm even getting worried now, and my heart rate has gone up lol I can't even look at pictures without sweating.

(btw, don't get any wise ideas)
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6520|Montucky
you haven't lived until you wake up only to be surrounded by scorpions.

God i loved the desert.
={OGC}=HK-47
Eugoogalizer
+69|6576|Fountain Valley,CA

Toilet Sex wrote:

I'm arachnephobic, so if I see a spider I panic and do anything to get out of the room lol. No matter the size of it, or anything, I won't be happy until it's dead. I'm even getting worried now, and my heart rate has gone up lol I can't even look at pictures without sweating.

(btw, don't get any wise ideas)
haha you remind me of my friend he is scared of spiders like crazy, my cousin and i were helping him clean his back yard and his mom comes up to us and tells us to tell him that there is a huge ass black widow in the house, we told him and he was screaming and crying ahh it was funny as hell.
InnerMonkey
+62|6720
I catch it and take it outsite.  That seems to be a missing option in the poll. 

I have a basement, so I get spiders and crickets in the house from time to time.
I had scorpions when I lived in Texas.  I think that ended any knee-jerk reaction to smack something I couldn't see in the dark.  It also made me check my shoes in the morning.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6632|Washington, DC

I hate spiders. I'll go 'wyaahah!' and keep my distance. If he leaves me alone, I leave him alone. If it comes near me, my reflex will smash it with my shoe.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard