Noobzorz
You are what you eat.
+8|6470
Is this the case?

If so, why hasn't DICE stopped distributing the 1.3 incremental?
oneshotsnipednoobfag
+9|6497
idk but ive had more server crashes in the past few days than i have my entire time playing
[CF]Snowytheman
+2|6634|California
I agree w/ oneshot. I have had more crashes and "Connection Problems" in the last week than ever before. It's almost like it is having a snowball effect...as time goes on each crash causes another crash and so on...until...?
Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6780|England

[CF]Snowytheman wrote:

I agree w/ oneshot. I have had more crashes and "Connection Problems" in the last week than ever before. It's almost like it is having a snowball effect...as time goes on each crash causes another crash and so on...until...?
That’s because they released the 1.4 change list on Tuesday clearly stating how to crash the servers.
comet241
+164|6757|Normal, IL

Kobrakai wrote:

[CF]Snowytheman wrote:

That’s because they released the 1.4 change list on Tuesday clearly stating how to crash the servers.
yes, not only does ea make faulty patches, but then they tell you how to exploit the faulty patches as well, letting losers all over the world ruin peoples games.... thanks is all i gotta say to ea
emusk2
+1|6611
yesterday was my last day i played with the1.3 patch it sucks to much.
i played 5 rounds on My favorite server he crashes 5 times at the end of the round i hate it so!!! i lost more than
250 points and my expansive time
i say dice please bring the patch 1.4 out  or f00k you!!
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6619|Warlord

Noobzorz wrote:

Is this the case?
No, it's just a 'voodoo' explanation that people can tend to be believed when they see it.

The incremental patches do tend to have their problems by all accounts so it is always worth downloading and using the full patch, if for no other reason than if something goes wrong with the patching process using an incremental it won't let you try again because it won't recognise the version of BF2 as the one it can patch up from!
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6482|Menlo Park, CA
Well I dloaded the full patch, and I still get crashes at least 2 to 4 times a day, so it def not the incremental patch.  Its just the shitty patch its self!! They better give us a special forces map in the next patch, to complement this next one!! Cause you know there will be issues with 1.4!!

By the way its DICE who is releasing the patches, not EA, they just published the game! DICE needs to get its head out of its ass!!
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6485|N. Ireland
When I downloaded the full 1.3 I noticed a big decrease in Connection Problem errors. I always thought they were just me lol.
s()mtingWong
+48|6685
This is getting f*cking rediculous, im getting so much connections errors its not even funny any more. This is f*cked up because while were getting connection errors EA/Dice is sitting on there fat @sses making/distributing another game. You can keep your big scores when you loose connection but you have to reconnect and that will cost you a life, sometimes neg. points, and if your lucky thrown on the opposite side.
Vampira_NB
Trying is the first step to failing
+76|6666|Canada Eh?
If you hate it so much than stop playing it.
=MCHD= arush5268d
+46|6493|Houston, TX
You were told wrong.  The crashes are actually due to Microsoft's *ingenious* ideas....it's not really DICE's fault fully.  But the full patch has the same problem too.
Sheep of War
+40|6635

Kobrakai wrote:

[CF]Snowytheman wrote:

"Install this patch"
washow
Get out of MY JET!!!
+23|6704
it's same

i installed with full patch and it's gay as hell.. although i don't get connection problems, game takes like fucking 15 minutes to load up ! what the fuck?

and after taking like 20 minutes (i'm like away watching TV) when i get back, it says this bullshit network error

i couldn't play for past few days because of this bs
vanmani
Unintentionally Verbose
+26|6583|Australia
What people were suggesting with the idea of 1.3 incremental being the cause of the crash, was that some players with this patch were causing the server to crash by sending dud data with their dud install of BF2 which was caused by the incremental. Thus ruining it for everyone else who had an "ok" install.

As far as I know that was never verified, but it was one plausible explanation.
topthrill05
+125|6570|Rochester NY USA
So may I ask this.

WHERE THE FUCK IS THE GOD DAMN HOT FIX? FFS.

I don't feel better, oh well.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard