Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6756|Mark it zero.
Has anyone gotten so used to bf2 that they try to use the same tactics in other games? i was just playing Day of Defeat with a friend and I tried to prone spam.... it definitely didnt go too well. i dropped to the ground completely hopeless... then my face got raped by bullets.
(for those of you that havnt played DoD, it is impossible to prone spam because they creators actually coded it so there are delays between standing/proning and also shooting after you prone and stand back up)

anyone else try stuff like this?
Cold Fussion
72% alcohol
+63|6675|Sydney, Australia
I tried dolphan diving in cod2 single player.  Never again.
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6628|Gold coast, Aus.
Played some enemy territory on a friends PC (pretty crap and thats all it could run) and was trying to spot everyone by holding "q"
Capt. Foley
+155|6595|Allentown, PA, USA
CoD2 bunny hoping works alittle.
Darky
Hi..
+71|6569|Here.
I tried to sprint in BHD - several times. Also tried to spot enemies via 'Q'..
l41e
+677|6655

Tried to crouch in America's Army by pressing "Ctrl".

Took me a little while to figure out why my M16 was going off every time I tried to crouch.

(crouch is default mapped to "C" in AA. fire is mapped to "Ctrl" as well as the mouse.)
Impaqt
+37|6645|Chicago, Il
I once tried to get out of my car and strap c4 to it......

Whle Playing Nascar 06.............
[n00b]Tyler
Banned
+505|6601|Iceland
lol playing BF2 and starting to play AA which is full of the most annoying campers EVER who can be on the same spot for 5-10 mins, NOT MY STYLE
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6692|United States of America
Well, for one, the flashbangs in Americas Army are much more effective than those in BF2. Much, much more effective.
[n00b]Tyler
Banned
+505|6601|Iceland

DesertFox423 wrote:

Well, for one, the flashbangs in Americas Army are much more effective than those in BF2. Much, much more effective.
i allways get them straight infront of me, jeeze i wonder what my KD ratio is in that game, bet itsl ike 0.0001
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6477
I've tried to use prone spamming a lot in Call of Duty- it's a pretty viable tactic, not amazingly brilliant though. Good for obvious reasons:- low recoil and higher accuracy on semi-/automatic weapons.

Speaking of tactics from other games though... Americas Army. Pretty much improved my gameplay and general attitude towards every other FPS game. The game seems to instill patience and make you an overall better player- you become less anxious and can begin to play better and smoother. You know; once you've crawled around on your stomach in the dark for 2 hours, you're pretty much ready for any wait or anticipation in any FPS game.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
MajorHoulahan_MASH
+31|6729
yea, sure.
I use Command and Conquer tactics in BF2 when in the role of commander.

You need to destroy or capture enemy Tiberium-harvesters first !

Last edited by MajorHoulahan_MASH (2006-08-18 13:28:53)

tupla_s
+455|6599|Finland

gene_pool wrote:

Played some enemy territory on a friends PC (pretty crap and thats all it could run) and was trying to spot everyone by holding "q"
I have same problem when playing other games... I always try to spot ppl
ChyneseGUY
+20|6492
i havnt played bf2 long enough to get use to it. I suck balls with the DAO-12 i recently unlocked. I try using it like the auto shottie from cs, but i keep forgeting its semi auto lol
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6697|Tampa Bay Florida
CoD2 prone spam works every once in a while
Aquastorm
Last of the Uchiha
+4|6719|Hong Kong, China
I've redone the buttons on AA to work like they do on BF2. *is ashamed*

[However, AA is about surviving, BF2 is about kill-die-respawn. So AA is a much more exciting game for me (unless you die, which then will have you floating around looking for the next 5 minutes or so.).
Raptor1
+19|6495
ya, i went back for a little and plaed CoD UO, and i forgot the when sniping, the crosshiars move around and their is massive recoil with all guns
SoC./Omega
+122|6548|Omaha, Nebraska!

Kamikaze17 wrote:

Has anyone gotten so used to bf2 that they try to use the same tactics in other games? i was just playing Day of Defeat with a friend and I tried to prone spam.... it definitely didnt go too well. i dropped to the ground completely hopeless... then my face got raped by bullets.
(for those of you that havnt played DoD, it is impossible to prone spam because they creators actually coded it so there are delays between standing/proning and also shooting after you prone and stand back up)

anyone else try stuff like this?
ya i tryed it in DoD also, and also i got my ass raped. i tryed it in cod2 and got raped too lol
terrafirma
Press 1 to Kill
+81|6661|Westminster, Colorado
I have been playing some old school Counter-Strike here at work and am constantly trying to spot people.  It's also hard since there is a delay when going into a crouch. 

I reinstalled HL2 about a month ago and was trying to prone spam the combine soldiers with a pistol.
joemah
+6|6749
In CS I try to sprint, only to move slower. My BF2 run key=my cs walk key.
Raptor1
+19|6495
oh, an when i was playing Ghost Recon 2, i was taking fire and tried to dolphin dive behind a rock.... Then i remembered that you cant jump and was mercilessly cut down
CrazeD
+368|6680|Maine
While sniping in Medal of Honor, I tried to lay Claymores several times. I also tried sprinting, proning, spotting, and driving vehicles.

I died a lot for a while.
Home
Section.80
+447|6855|Seattle, Washington, USA

When I played HL2:E1, I kept pressing Z when I came to medium/long range fighting, only to have it zoom in on my enemy.
BolvisOculus
Spagett!
+167|6626|Manitowoc, WI

k30dxedle wrote:

Took me a little while to figure out why my M16 was going off every time I tried to crouch.

(crouch is default mapped to "C" in AA. fire is mapped to "Ctrl" as well as the mouse.)
I teamkilled 2 people before I learned the lesson that Ctrl shoots.
l41e
+677|6655

BolvisOculus wrote:

k30dxedle wrote:

I teamkilled 2 people before I learned the lesson that Ctrl shoots.
I teamkilled a guy with that too. I was behind him and tried to crouch behind a low wall and shot him by accident.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard