JohnnySupreme
+23|6493
Every time I enter a gaming forum I see a lot of people complaining about hackers, glitchers and exploiters.  I think we would all agree that its a part of PC gaming that most honest folk just don't like.  Who knows how big the problem really is but we can all agree that its nothing but bad news.

Anyway, my idea.

Why not have a 'Gamer Card' for all online games.  You would need one with its unique key to play any online game.  Just one card for all games.  The only way you would be able to get the card would be by applying for one and sending a proof of name and address in the process. 

OK, so you have applied and you now have your 'Gamer Card' with its unique ID code.  The code is directly connected to your name and address on a central database.  You now want to play a game online and so you start up the game as normal and begin to create an account.  During the account creation process you must insert and varify your gamer ID.  Once this is done you can play on as normal, the difference being that you as a player online are very much linked to your real life personal details.

Do you see where this is going?

Now you are playing online you may be a tw@ and decide to try out the fancy new hack you just purchased.  You play for a short while, maybe a few days thinking you are getting away with it.  However, one day you are found out...  So what happens now...  Well you can't play anything at all.  It may be a month ban, it could be a year, or life.  Either way, you cannot get a new card unless you move home so you are screwed.

Surely this would put off a few would-be-hackers?

Your thoughts please.
Mouse315
Bash.org Junkie
+105|6518
Too much work. People would find ways around the system anyways.
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6692|Howell, Mi USA
*cut*

*print*

*gay*
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
INCSOC
Member since 1984
+113|6677|Denver, CO
how about they implant a chip in your ass and if you hack the chip sends a 20,000 volt charge.

Yeah dude... thats what we all need even more invasion of privacy... FUCK YEAH /sarcasm
chittydog
less busy
+586|6833|Kubra, Damn it!

Was it Big Brother, Der Fuhrer or Comrade Lenin that gave you this idea?
RicoAtPublix
Im not cleaning Aisle 2
+27|6478|F-Dub, FL./ Destin, FL.
Most awsome-est idea ever!!!111oneoneelven!

Too bad it would never work.

Sorries.
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6692|Howell, Mi USA

INCSOC wrote:

how about they implant a chip in your ass and if you hack the chip sends a 20,000 volt charge.

Yeah dude... thats what we all need even more invasion of privacy... FUCK YEAH /sarcasm
lol yea like that episode of South Park where kartman get that chip in his head and every time he swares it shocks him.
INCSOC
Member since 1984
+113|6677|Denver, CO

Cbass wrote:

INCSOC wrote:

lol yea like that episode of South Park where kartman get that chip in his head and every time he swares it shocks him.
LOL i forgot about that one... that was awesome
chittydog
less busy
+586|6833|Kubra, Damn it!

lol, incsoc, I have sig images turned off and didn't notice your 1984 stuff in there or your forum title until after my post...
INCSOC
Member since 1984
+113|6677|Denver, CO
Picture of EA implementing Jonny's new solution on him

https://www.nogami.senkou.com/temp/cartman_probe.jpg
jmbbf1975
+1|6652
Pardon the french but Fu*k this idea.  Lame all the way around.  I just leave the server if there is a hacker and (when I get my server), I'll just kick the mo fo.   

Shit there is enough information on us out there anyway, we dont need more.

Wasn't this a scene in Minority Report (sorry no italics)?
aLi3nZ
+138|6505|New Zealand
Not a bad idea IMO.  TradeMe.co.nz does a simular thing to verify its members.
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6692|Howell, Mi USA

INCSOC wrote:

http://www.nogami.senkou.com/temp/cartman_probe.jpg
LoL in 24 hours your getting another karma point
INCSOC
Member since 1984
+113|6677|Denver, CO

Cbass wrote:

INCSOC wrote:

LoL in 24 hours your getting another karma point
lol thanx

aLi3nZ wrote:

Not a bad idea IMO.  TradeMe.co.nz does a simular thing to verify its members.
dude... thats a completely different concept.  Thats a store.... they need to verify the address information because they have physical goods and money involved.  Ebay and Paypal have same type of policies, I think thats necessary to prevent most fraud.

As far as a gaming company doing this... you've got to be shitting me... i'd be one of the first people to fucking sue them.
[KS]RECON
+35|6560|E 2/351 Camp Anaconda

INCSOC wrote:

lmao
LtMarcus
+10|6585|Meise, Belgium
errr sure, you know what gameproducers like best? indeed, selling games, not avoiding 1337 h4x0rs from hacking the game...
M1-Lightning
Jeepers Creepers
+136|6729|Peoria, Illinois

INCSOC wrote:

lmao
lynxlyran
+15|6642
That will do nothing at all to stop the cheaters. Linking to your personal info doesn't make sense.

The problem with cheaters is there is no way to catch them unless you go look in through their game room windows while they are playing to see if they are using hax.

Now if the members of this "club" each had a web cam pointed at their screen that had to be on when playing and have an admin with the ability to tune in that web cam at any given moment to insure the member is not cheating would work. (which is what kontrolcrimson should do and record a mpg video of a round proving his ridiculus kdr and spm numbers are legit)

When I see a cheater over-using his cheats I just move on to another server.

Last edited by lynxlyran (2006-08-18 13:32:23)

tool03
+5|6525|Japan Owki
If hackers have taught me anything it's that where there is a will there is a way, hell half the time they don’t even need the will they just do it for shits and giggles.
redhawk454
+50|6546|Divided States of America
I was kicked for glitching once. All I did was ride a tank outside the tank. I dont feel someone should be banned because some punk admin decides its wrong. I also feel tht ALL ranked servers should have the same rules.
Turtle
+7|6755|Boulder, CO

Cbass wrote:

INCSOC wrote:

That was the movie. Cartman saved the day by toasting Saddam with his electrically charged foul mouth.

Oh and, this would never work. There's a way around every system and this is far too invasive for anyone to accept from the start.
JohnnySupreme
+23|6493

chittydog wrote:

Was it Big Brother, Der Fuhrer or Comrade Lenin that gave you this idea?
What a mature post.  As were many of the other intelligent comments (sorry if my sarcasm isn't coming across).

I see nothing wrong with the idea.  It would be no different from applying for a credit card, store card or just a membership card.  The bans would only be issued with enough proof and over time hacking would be cut right down through user fear that they might be caught.

You must all remember that online gaming is getting more and more widespread and even serious to some.

Doesn't anyone have any constructive comments?

Non constructive flaming posts are easy and the idiots entry in 99% of forums.
Kirokura
+26|6536|Sweden
Doubleplusungood
BolvisOculus
Spagett!
+167|6617|Manitowoc, WI

LtMarcus wrote:

errr sure, you know what gameproducers like best? indeed, selling games, not avoiding 1337 h4x0rs from hacking the game...
If this type of system was implemented, you know that either games would have an increase in price or i would actually cost something to buy this card.  Good idea.  I just don't come in contact with enough cheaters to want to pay this fee.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6491|N. Ireland
Pretty useless really. I mean honestly, a card? So what if say a child of the age of 2 wants to play "Learning Games for Kids" on the PC - he needs a card to play that?

Lol, a 2 year old getting a card - he would probably EAT it, let alone I'm willing to bet he has never heard the word "hack" before.

It's pretty insulting to non-cheating gamers anyway. It puts no trust into the gaming community.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard