RasorX
+17|6766|Indianapolis
Where is the Mk-19???

I know, i know, people are always bitching about what weapons they wish were in this game.  But the Mk-19 is almost a common weapon as the .50 cal on USMC hmmwvs.  For those of you who don't know the Mk(Mark)-19 is an automatic grenade launcher that fires the same rounds as a 203.

Is it because it would just decimate any and all enemies?  Just an oversight? Dice doesn't care?

If not mounted on hmmwvs it should atleast be a ground defense position, like the mounted MGs.

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land … vic561.jpg

P.S. It's also mounted on the dune buggies.

Last edited by RasorX (2005-11-28 12:20:08)

Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6768|Houston, TX
I'd have to say that the Mk-19 would severely imbalance the game.  Imagine trying to approach a flag, let alone cap one where even one of these puppies was mounted as ground defense.  It could serve as AA better than the trash we currently call AA. (this being it's one redeeming addition to the game) But aside from that, I can forsee alot of gamers calling it the ultimate noob tube.  I know I would sit in that thing wasting everything short of a tank that got into sight, and what I didn't see, I'd splash damage till it dropped.
someone25
+1|6771
i vote for the GMG1

"Granat Maschinen Waffe"
(Grenade Machine Weapon or Gun)

http://www.heckler-koch.de/core.php?dat … ZsYXNoPTE=

but, its the same...

yeah i would like to see this gun
SlickWRX
+6|6766
I vote for the Metal Storm Area Denial Weapon System (ADWS).

http://www.metalstorm.com/
ronin1942
+-1|6866

SlickWRX wrote:

I vote for the Metal Storm Area Denial Weapon System (ADWS).

http://www.metalstorm.com/
WOW that thing is cool ...scary but cool
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6797|Noizyland

I vote for the YAGFN-AH, (AH is the attachment.)
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Divine_Madcat
+0|6802

Kung Jew wrote:

I'd have to say that the Mk-19 would severely imbalance the game.  Imagine trying to approach a flag, let alone cap one where even one of these puppies was mounted as ground defense.  It could serve as AA better than the trash we currently call AA. (this being it's one redeeming addition to the game) But aside from that, I can forsee alot of gamers calling it the ultimate noob tube.  I know I would sit in that thing wasting everything short of a tank that got into sight, and what I didn't see, I'd splash damage till it dropped.
Sorry, but i gotta disagree.  It is really all about the ballancing issue.

I was a Tester for DC, and we went through alot of the issues presnted, but in the end, it works, and works well.  If Dice/EA took the time to ballance such a weapon, then there would be no camping issues..
NamelessMarine
+0|6758
I remember this back in like Delta Force 2...the end result of firing said weapon was a wall of fire...and if the AI ever opend up with it you might as well restart the mission because they're dead on with it.
SlickWRX
+6|6766
Ah I remember the old Delta Force days.  I actually tried Blackhawk Down and boy was that a let down.  Now that I think about it I really shouldn't bitch about anything in BF2.  Even the server browser in BF2 is light years ahead of Novalogic's crap.
Home
Section.80
+447|6870|Seattle, Washington, USA

Hm, I wonder why they didn't put that puppy in the game. As Kung Jew said you could decimate anything, even a tank. With that rate of fire, the tank would go down but you would prolly die in the process.
NamelessMarine
+0|6758
Thuogh to snipers its basically shaving your head and painting a big, neon orange bullseye up there...because you WILL be a fun little target...
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6866|Bryan/College Station, TX
A M-19 or any other automatic grenade launcher mounted on a vehicle or fixed at key positions on the ground would really be no different than either an APC or Tank vehicle except if it's mounted on a Humvee then infantry could take it out with their own grenades. If its a fixed position then its no different than a better MG emplacment and less powerful than a TOW. I think if done smartly the M-19 vehicle mounted or fixed would not be imbalancing and would actually make the game more interesting.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
General Zod
+0|6815|Behind my rifle
No. They would just be automatic M203s/GP-30s, and would ruin infantry combat even more.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6864|Cologne, Germany

I guess you could make a case for both arguments. If you want this to be resolved you need to contact EA and ask them about it. Until then, everything is just speculation.
NamelessMarine
+0|6758
Wouldn't ruin infantry war...infact it would make you work together more, using squads and having members place coverfire on that position, supprissing him while the rest move in for a kill...
dan500
+57|6870
Yep, be cool, but if it was on a Hummer, you would have d1cks sitting in it at a uncap base, but like one permap mounted would be cool
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6768|Houston, TX
As to my earlier post on this, I must agree that arguments stand both for and against.  The weapon COULD be balanced into a great addition into the game.  The players COULD be team orientated enough to formulate a plausable squad-based strategy for taking down such an emplacement.  EA/DICE COULD stop with the expansions long enough to fix the current bugs and THEN begin work on designing just such an addition to the game.....

Course, B. Schuss said it best. "everything is just speculation"
ayb
+0|6778|Orlando, FL
i vote for the original metal storm project. a million rounds per minute doesn't sound unbalanced at all.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/BUSINESS/06/26/ … etalstorm/
RasorX
+17|6766|Indianapolis
I've rethought this a little bit.  If you only mounted the Mk-19 and its chinese/MEC counterparts only on the dunebuggy/jeeps you'd be all set. It would handle the balancing problems simply enough.  Yeah its powerful and highly mobile, but so very very easy to take down.  Simple enough.

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/mk-19-andy2.jpg

Once again the reason i suggest this be in the game is because it's so common. Not because it's "cool" or ultra developmental.  If i were going to suggest something like that it'd probably be Lightsabres.  How satisfying would it be to put a lightsabre right through the stomach of a prone sniper?

Last edited by RasorX (2005-11-29 14:55:55)

ayb
+0|6778|Orlando, FL
it would miss and you'd have a satisfying puff of dirt right before he turned around and 92fs'd you.
whittsend
PV1 Joe Snuffy
+78|6781|MA, USA
Mk 19 could probably be put into the game without unbalanacing too badly as, in the context of the game, there are many negatives:

In combat it can be difficult to aim properly...it can be done, but it takes some getting used to.  Furthermore, when you miss with a Mk 19, you miss BIG.  The weapon has an effective range on the order of 1800 meters (it is NOT the same round as the M203...it's just the same size), and the round travels in a long arc (think main gun on a tank, but more arc).  The potential to overshoot if you don't know what you are doing is HUGE.  With a damage radius of around 15m, you could end up with a lot of TKs in the game if you aren't careful. 

IRL you can mess up light skinned vehicles (HMMWVs, etc.) but a modern tank would just laugh at it.  It's pointless to even engage a tank with one unless you want to die.  There is no way you could ever hit an airborne target with it either.

Lastly, it pisses through ammo like crazy and reloading is a bitch unless (again) you really know what you are doing.

Despite all of that, it is incredibly FUN!

Edit:  Almost forgot.  Mk 19 rounds don't arm for something on the order of 30 meters.  So to kill an infantry target close in, you would have to actually HIT it, and that is HARD in a combat situation - much harder than with, say an M2.  It would be useless gainst a vehicle of any kind closer than the arming range.

Last edited by whittsend (2005-12-01 13:06:13)

shspunkrockr
+0|6775
Just so all of u know, the mark-19 isnt automatic, its semi-auto. And also, for everyone who complains about the "imbalance" it would bring to the game, thats wat tactics and communications are for, for ex., "bring that SRAW up here so we can take out this humvee" It's that easy, and it makes the use of real tactics more necessary
RasorX
+17|6766|Indianapolis

shspunkrockr wrote:

Just so all of u know, the mark-19 isnt automatic, its semi-auto. And also, for everyone who complains about the "imbalance" it would bring to the game, thats wat tactics and communications are for, for ex., "bring that SRAW up here so we can take out this humvee" It's that easy, and it makes the use of real tactics more necessary
WRONG WRONG WRONG!

Unless of course you dont know the definition of semi and full automatic.

The MK19 40mm machine gun, MOD 3 is an air-cooled, disintegrating metallic link-belt fed, blowback operated, fully automatic weapon and is crew transportable over short distances with limited amounts of ammunition. It can fire a variety of 40mm grenades. The M430 HEDP 40mm grenade will pierce armor up to 2 inches thick, and will produce fragments to kill personnel within 5 meters and wound personnel within 15 meters of the point of impact. Associated components are: MK64 Cradle Mount, MOD 5; M3 Tripod Mount; and the AN/TVS-5 Night Vision Sight. The MK19 also mounts in the up-gunned weapons station of the LVTP7A1 model of the AAV and vehicle ring mounts.
shspunkrockr
+0|6775

RasorX wrote:

shspunkrockr wrote:

WRONG WRONG WRONG!

The MK19 40mm machine gun, MOD 3 is an air-cooled, disintegrating metallic link-belt fed, blowback operated, fully automatic weapon and is crew transportable over short distances with limited amounts of ammunition. It can fire a variety of 40mm grenades. The M430 HEDP 40mm grenade will pierce armor up to 2 inches thick, and will produce fragments to kill personnel within 5 meters and wound personnel within 15 meters of the point of impact. Associated components are: MK64 Cradle Mount, MOD 5; M3 Tripod Mount; and the AN/TVS-5 Night Vision Sight. The MK19 also mounts in the up-gunned weapons station of the LVTP7A1 model of the AAV and vehicle ring mounts.
i'm in the fucking Army and i HAVE fired Mark-19s before, they are not fully auto...u cant hold down the butterflies and pump out a bunch of rounds, it is SEMI AUTO
RasorX
+17|6766|Indianapolis

shspunkrockr wrote:

RasorX wrote:

shspunkrockr wrote:

WRONG WRONG WRONG!

i'm in the fucking Army and i HAVE fired Mark-19s before, they are not fully auto...u cant hold down the butterflies and pump out a bunch of rounds, it is SEMI AUTO
I was in the fucking Marine Corps and you must be a retard, because you can.  Look up the Mk-19 on any armament website, it's full auto pal.  Why would you have a 130+ lbs crew served weapon to fire the same rounds/rate of fire as a 203?  Maybe you didnt realize you could hold the trigger down, but you can.  Actually here is the US Army website where it says it's fully auto:
http://www.army.mil/fact_files_site/mk19-3/

Suck it

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard