Well?

yes62%62% - 95
no8%8% - 13
maybe28%28% - 44
Total: 152
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6748|United States of America
Its like one strip in Calvin and Hobbes.  They are both walking out in the woods, like they do a lot in the comics. They stumbled upon some emtpy cans that someone just threw out their car window. Then Calvin says "Sometimes I think the surest sign that there is intelligent life out there is that none of it has tried to contact us."
pwned7
+53|6571

splixx wrote:

I think I seen a few working at the construction sight down the street from here.
really? last time i saw some using the wall exploit at a hotel. but they were banned and left earth
commissargizz
+123|6456| Heaven
If I see one then I will believe....
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6690

d3v1ldr1v3r13 wrote:

Another not very well thought out thread.
Better.
hordi74
+16|6457|Capital City of Nds, Germany
I want to believe...
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6690

hordi74 wrote:

I want to believe...
That you may or may not have the ability to fly? Or even...touch the sky?
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6687|The Ville
take me to your leader
JG1567JG
+110|6581|United States of America
No habla engles. Un cervezza porfovor.

JaMDuDe wrote:

George bush is gona start a war with them if we ever come in contact with em.
Only because all the Muslim fanatics started suicide bombing their spaceships when the aliens wouldn't convert to Islam. So George W had to start a war with the aliens to save the planet from total annihilation
ResDog1
+51|6758|Netherlands
1: Aliens do exist... just look at the top 5 Bf2 players.

2: If you believe in the space - time continuum, you believe that you can bend space and time in a way that you can travel anywhere in a split second.

3: Since infinity is a concept that cannot be comprehended by the human race we cannot say the universe is infinite.

Infinity is b.t.w the only thing that scares the crap out of me...it gives me the chills every time....
Jbrar
rawr
+86|6534|Winterpeg, Canada
we have no fucking clue exactly how big space is, as it's grows endlessly. So chances are, we're not alone.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6667|Canberra, AUS

Jbrar wrote:

we have no fucking clue exactly how big space is, as it's grows endlessly. So chances are, we're not alone.
True. Give me any two digit number (or any number under 200). That number represents the guess of how big the universe is (i.e. hubble constant). You're guess will be as good as any scientist's out there. Therefore, we dont know the universe's AGE. We've all heard 13 billion, but chances are its more like somewhere in between 10 and 20 billion.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Anfidurl
Use the bumper, that's what its for!
+103|6585|Lexington, Kentucky
Personally, I agree with Carl Sagan
(http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/aliens/carlsagan.html)
If aliens didn't exist, it would be a torrential waste of space.

Also, for the sake of how people always think rednecks get abducted, the case of Antonio Villas Boas is still a mystery. Not many Brazillian Farmers end up with radiation sickness after an alledged abduction.

While most people try to make money off of the situation*, and while some clearly have problems, the presence of factual hypothesis (Sagan) and un-debunked abduction stories (Boas) is proof enough for me.

*Boas to my knowledge never moved to capitalize off of his story.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6758|Cambridge (UK)

{TL}SHARPSHOOTER wrote:

Its impossible that were the only sentient race out there. 600000000000000000 light years from here some alien is posting on an aliens BF2S. you better believe it!
And there's others arguing on same alien bf2s over whether the universe was created in doolon flargs by a being called Droob or whether it all started with a PlodGrangle out of which grod and talmin emerged, thus creating the floobletard, mapletard and hooptard, from which fladderblap is created...
Jejjk
My "Page Up" has never been used.
+40|6600|Sweden
idk.
Thats all, Im done
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6759|UK

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Are there life-forms on other planets, somewhere, out there, in the vastness of reality?

Like D'UH! Do the math!
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6759|UK

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

{TL}SHARPSHOOTER wrote:

Its impossible that were the only sentient race out there. 600000000000000000 light years from here some alien is posting on an aliens BF2S. you better believe it!
And there's others arguing on same alien bf2s over whether the universe was created in doolon flargs by a being called Droob or whether it all started with a PlodGrangle out of which grod and talmin emerged, thus creating the floobletard, mapletard and hooptard, from which fladderblap is created...
lol nice alien language.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6548
The answer to this is 'Probably'. We'll never encounter them during the relatively short time that this planet will be able to sustain living organisms though.
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6589|Seattle

I think we are part alien. Can anyone explain why we have aquatic skin? Chimps are our closest relatives (Binobo Chimps to be exact) but they do not have aquatic skin, that is, our fat attaches itself to our skin, not to our muscles. Only aquatic animals have their fat attach to the skin like on a sea lion or a seal. So...explain that evolution to me. I think aliens crossed Binobo chimp DNA with dolphin DNA to produce humans. Then, after seeing how boocu fuckin nuts we act, they had to instill the fear of god in us to get us to behave ourselves and believe there is some sort of repricussions for our actions. Hence religion. Too bad we aren't smart enough to stop believeing in boogie men and monsters by now. Which brings up another point. The only things that separate humans from the rest of the animal kingdom is self awareness (knowing that we will someday die) and the ability to reason. Ironic, no?
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6646
Almost certainly, but we'll never ever get to meet them.  Humanity has probably only got another 1000 years or so anyway, global catastrophe ftw!
tip700
+9|6616
One thing to note with all these arguments presenting the sheer volume of space meeans that its allmost certain for there to be alien lifeforms well yes, but intelligent life on a technological scale is different. It is more likely the first aliens we encounter are similar to fish, insects or germs, not little green men.

Another interesting point is timescale. Yes there are billions upon trillions of stars and planets, but the chances of two seperate lifeform locations that are close together and are in the same spec of time as eachother and suddenly the odds are a little different.  What i mean is there may well have been aliens and will be aliens, but we will have come and gone from existance before we ever meet and vice versor

Last edited by tip700 (2006-08-17 09:52:16)

SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6561|Mountains of NC

aliens: if you need proof contact your local Scientologist
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6534|Texas - Bigger than France
Surprised no one has brought up religion in this yet...
Jejjk
My "Page Up" has never been used.
+40|6600|Sweden
Jesus was an Alien.
There you go, Pug
splixx
ChupaCABRA
+53|6731|Omaha, Nebraska

rmilhous wrote:

Omnideath wrote:

d3v1ldr1v3r13 wrote:

lmao
rotflmao
DAMN that is some funny shit. So THEY do exist..... well for exploiting cheap labor that is.

rmilhous
I can get you all pictures they are all sorts of sizes and shapes and they seem to multiply with water. This could end up being a serious problem? Na what am I thinking we have Homeland Security!
znozer
Viking fool - Crazy SWE
+162|6537|Sverige (SWE)
There is life out there but intelligent ?? only the living will see...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard