Sheep of War
+40|6660
Hey man, you came in to this thread claiming you had a flame thrower...in reality all you have is a spray painted water gun
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6714|Germany

908741059871059781 wrote:

Hey man, you came in to this thread claiming you had a flame thrower...in reality all you have is a spray painted water gun
Already out of witty criticism and childish insults?
Sheep of War
+40|6660
Thanks, I thought of it myself.
Tjasso
the "Commander"
+102|6540|the Netherlands
Noob few of BF2 : im beeing tankwhored : SWITCH TO AT_CLAS THEN DUMMIE !!! JETS ARE PWNING ME:( TEAM UP AND COORDINATE ATTCKS ON AA or ESSEX (both AA ...together) Be flexible and use different kids and STFU whiners !! Its You who fuck up the fun stop complaining ! your the worst squad i ever set my eyes on
phnxfrhwk
+14|6690|Just outside of baltimore, Md.
Hmm well as anybody can see my stats aren't the greatest. So flame away if you must. Ill not complain about getting owned by Armor or Jets, although sometimes they do make it difficult to get somewhere at times. But I just switch it up and find a go around. And I'm not even going to attempt to step foot in that conversation above. Yikes...
But anyways I think that IO would be a great new addition to the way the game is played. I would have figured Special forces to be an IO or at least armor and chopper free since I rarely ever see those guys in a tank or an Attack chopper. I know quite a few of them too, not a single one that I know has a pilots license let alone a cert to fly choppers. But I guess I was wrong, and in the real world (that I haven't seen) all spec forces guys really do know how to fly (One exception "Spooky" C-130 Spectres AF SOG).
I don't see how it would be stats padding. Its one player against another and nothing between them aside from what they are carrying.  Although it would be nice to not have to worry about sitting and waiting at a flag because everyone else is too preoccupied on the other side of the map, only to have a tank roll up on you or a bomb shoved in your face when your a sniper.  Either way, Ill still play both and I may enjoy IO I may not but right now it sounds like it would be interesting to say the least. Besides you don't really see too many tanks rolling around in the streets of Baghdad let alone air support. And If I ever needed air support you can bet Id be praying for "Spooky" Ive seen that thing level buildings in Afghanistan. And it can stay up there for a good long while doing it. All I can say about that is AWESOME!!!
scopeuk
+0|6660
trying not to exaggerate the flame war I for one am looking forward to the infantry only mode it looks like a good way for me to hone my sniping (its needed I know), I do feel that having no infantry anti-aircraft device does move the game over towards plane users (choppers are just fodder for good AT's) but its far from a super unbalanced environment, yes a good pilot has an easier time racking u a good KD than a good infantry troop but the same can be said for a good tank driver or gunner.
as for infantry only mode servers I hope there are a few but ill be playing it for a few rounds probably when the rest of my regular squad are un-available for a regular match, I mean who wants a chopper without gunners you can't trust.
closing thought on aircraft for those of you that have difficulty with them try it with a joystick the ease of flight is greatly increased (don’t flame because your top gun on keyboard I know there are a lot of skilled players out there).
I can also see how a heavy/armored/air vehicle user (the buggies are still there I’m informed) might see there removal as a way for the rest of use to gain an unfair infantry advantage over those who chose to fight with vehicles (hint: the vehicles will help you maintain your KD ratio at or above ours).
Sheep of War
+40|6660

scopeuk wrote:

I can also see how a heavy/armored/air vehicle user (the buggies are still there I’m informed) might see there removal as a way for the rest of use to gain an unfair infantry advantage over those who chose to fight with vehicles (hint: the vehicles will help you maintain your KD ratio at or above ours).
Yep, thats why there is so much TKing for jets. Free kills, and people have to make themselves fell like they are the shit.

Complaining by calling ground pounders complainers
pwned7
+53|6595
i rekn that infantry only maps should be good i cant wait to play them cause i think infantry vs infantry takes more skill than vehicle vs vehicle :p
messfeeder
+31|6545|Gotham
I will play this mode b/c I like to play the game in every way that it can be played.  There are so many ways to play BF2 and that is what makes it fun.
gavjof
+4|6613|UK
YOU sir, are the idiot here.

Try this...Get enough people on your team to fill every single SAM emplacement in the Gulf of Oman. Then get one average pilot . Okay its every AA vs him. See how many rounds it takes you to take the jet down.

Just for shits and giggles, see how long it takes you to  drive your vehicle inside a buildings stairway to eliminate the claymores. Also, get mr. engineer to try creeping up the stairs and diffusing the clay from the front (which would be the only possible way, except some type of glitch or lag out, in which case you would already be past it capping the flag.)

I'll keep it dumbed down for your retarded logic here and call myself a "whiner." In reality its being stoked about a new game mode. So fuck off!
well said.  you deserve a +1 for that one.

I am looking forward to trying the new Infantry mode. We will be running special IO days and weekends for a change of pace, although I expect all we will be seeing are squads of medics (organised Joe Publics or Clans) running from flag to flag pwning all who stand in their way.

And I agree about vehicle whores - they're like "I got my expert assault last night by sitting in a tank" and you're like "play the game you padder".

I'm not against vehicles - they're the core reason I play battlefield, it's just I'm sick of people using them as a means to claim they're better than others. Infantry in squads = team work. Jets are useful team assets but are too often used for personal gain in KDR.
Sheep of War
+40|6660
Yeah I love it how claymores have somehow worked their way into this discussion.

Clays are individual in the sense that its the only weapon in BF2 that is capable of over 100 % effeciency. On some control points there is just nothing you can do about them. If you put the back of them up against the wall, there is NO WAY to diffuse them, and its a garunteed 100% effeciency. If you happen to catch 2 people with one its a 200% effeciency.

By placing 2 clays on the hotel flag in warlord (among many other areas,) one against the wall by the door, and one in the stairwell in the corner against the wall, its possible to catch entire squads this way (as long as you stay alive) Up to a whopping 600% effiency. Theoretically the number is much higher. I've seen clays have a pretty amazing blast radius as well as unpredictable detonation distances.

More on the jet thing too. Just the fact that its possible for guys to have such extreme KDRs with them alone should be a red flag. I'm not sure what the highest out there is, but again, I can promise you that if you fill every single SAM site, that you won't take down an average pilot (let alone a good one) until the cows come home (this includes the carrier guns.) The reason some of them die at all, are simply for the reasons of laziness, brainfarts, being caught off guard by another jet that got bored with raping infantry (we all know that they leave each other alone for the most part,) or getting TKed out of them at the start of the round.

Last edited by 908741059871059781 (2006-08-17 07:28:33)

Slickfish
+24|6640
I wouldn't mind the odd blast on a IO server, but I agree its gutting the game to play it all the time.
I get owned by Jets and helo's alot, I can fly a helo, but I can't fly jets for toffee. yeah its annoying to get bombed every 2min but hell just move servers.

IO is a option that might be fun but I doubt many if any servers will run it constantly.

Last edited by Slickfish (2006-08-17 08:17:44)

KurtisMayfield
+1|6671
If you put a mobile SAM unit on every map with jets, there would be no "problem" with jets. 4 missles take down the jets quickly.

Of course then there would be no more pilots as they might have to learn how to fly with an actual threat on the ground.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6684

KurtisMayfield wrote:

If you put a mobile SAM unit on every map with jets, there would be no "problem" with jets. 4 missles take down the jets quickly.

Of course then there would be no more pilots as they might have to learn how to fly with an actual threat on the ground.
Forget that.  Give the AT some stingers and us ground pounders won't complain about the jets anymore.

The ace flyboys willl destroy those stingersites and AA vehicles before they get a chance to be used.  Same with the Essex guns.
Sheep of War
+40|6660

Ilocano wrote:

KurtisMayfield wrote:

Forget that.  Give the AT some stingers and us ground pounders won't complain about the jets anymore.

The ace flyboys willl destroy those stingersites and AA vehicles before they get a chance to be used.  Same with the Essex guns.
PseudoX13
+3|6476|Nawlins
I really don't care about the loss of the choppers and jets, I'm used to getting blown up by them. I can't fly worth a damn, so normally I just hope that someone who can will take them down. I will miss the tanks and vehicles, however. I don't know what's going to happen to transportation. Even Karkand benefits from having vehicles to reach the back bases, otherwise the map just ends up being medicland. I'm not looking forward to long distance running and waiting for my stamina to come back so I can attack a guy 300 yards away that's having the same problem.

Also, having tanks and vehicles adds a degree of challenge and strategy to the game that I think will be completely lost without them.
Jenkinsbball
Banned
+149|6565|USA bitches!
Does infantry only even take away cars? If so, it'll be boring to have to run/walk EVERYWHERE, especially if you spawn at the other side of the map on accident and all the action is on the other side. Kill me now.
DavidianCox
...from the internet
+60|6674|Birmingham
its gonna be fat!

we have the option do it inf. style or veh. style, i say bring it on
twiistaaa
+87|6685|mexico

Mr.Unstoppable wrote:

The vehicles are probably the most realistic thing in the game because in war there are jets, choppers, and tanks.
yeah but they dont come in an unlimited supply.
ThePunisher_ITA_
+59|6620

twiistaaa wrote:

Mr.Unstoppable wrote:

The vehicles are probably the most realistic thing in the game because in war there are jets, choppers, and tanks.
yeah but they dont come in an unlimited supply.
Neither soldiers actually man... do you think in war you would respawn?
PhantomNinja
+8|6476
infantry only would only be good if there were cars and boats in some maps...

but then again, its your choice to actually join an infantry only server, there are always the normal ones

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard