BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6721|Chicago.
I said this in another post, but the strategy still works.

"Here is my strategy, and if you do it effectivley, you will have hundreds of knife kills.

Whenever in a combat situation, try to be descreet. What I mean by that is do not let the enemy see you. If you spot one, and he dosen't see you, this is your opportunity. If you think that you have at least 5 seconds to attack him without him knowing your position, pull out the knife and stab away.

Hope it helps."
Wreckognize
+294|6455
I'd try a 32 man Karkand server, the rounds last alot longer if you happen to be playing with the right people.  I got my basic knife back when it was 10 kills...that was hard...I just got lucky, I remember stalking my last kill with like 3 tickets left...
KnowMeByTrailOfDead
Jackass of all Trades
+62|6651|Dayton, Ohio
Sharqi, stay around the city entrance and the survalance post and the construction site.  Go hunting and trap people.  Lure them in by turning a flag halfway and then hide and get behind them.  Easy 20 kills a round with the knife once you get the feel for it.
Drexor
+33|6584|Denmark
if you cant get basic knife badge then you dont deserve it... simple as that
AsylumKo9
+2|6467|California

KnowMeByTrailOfDead wrote:

Sharqi, stay around the city entrance and the survalance post and the construction site.  Go hunting and trap people.  Lure them in by turning a flag halfway and then hide and get behind them.  Easy 20 kills a round with the knife once you get the feel for it.
Agreed. City Entrance seems to be the better spot -- don't have to worry about Tanks/APCs (Surveillance) or choppers (Construction Site) as much. Mining that area also works wonders.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6655|United States of America
I got mine whilst I commanded in a Devil's Perch game.
CruZ4dR
Cereal Killer
+145|6626|The View From The Afternoon
Hehe.. I had 10 knife kills yesterday in a full 64 player server (Sharqi).
And I already got expert knife badge.
Just defines my ownage
kkolodsick
+14|6637
Like someone else said, wait until you start a round well w/ a couple of knife kills then make it your mission to get the rest.

I got mine on Wake, lots of good spots were they run right past you, plus all the snipers in the hills.  Just sneak around and don't run up to them, that's when they hear you.

It's not terribly easy but not terribly hard either.  Just stick w/ it.

You have plenty of time until you make it to First Sgt.
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6493

PlayerTimb2 wrote:

Deffinatly go to knife and pistol karkand got both in 1 round : )
fail
Jamoche
+5|6466
Dont run into a gunfight with a knife. Youll just end up with loads of deaths, you have to be a opportunist. Like somebody said earlier, medics rushing to revive people is a gold mine for knife kills. Also try to stalk snipers, eventually theyll stop running and go prone like snipers do and that will be your oppitunity to strike. Also try to get people when they go into the stinger missle platforms and the stationary anti tank missle launchers. When they are looking through their tiny scope, they are not aware of you sneaking up on them.

Good luck!
[FB]Eraser
Back in battle after 3-year break
+39|6692|Switzerland
I say take your time! It works for me last night, when I've got my basic knife... finally...

Actually I have over 19'000 points and I would like to get promoted as First Seargent, so I had to get it.

My problem is, that I'm not very good in ground pounding, because my fingers aren't quick enough for it (prone, switch weapon, or what else...), but I like infantry very much...it's much more fun than only vehicles. So I tried it with patience. I was on a 32 player Mass Destruction and was getting three knife kills very early in the round. I decided to get the badge... and I was hunting them like a cat. Stay at shady places close to their flags and when you see one, facing an other direction... just run and stab!

Also your team mates can help you. If you see them attacking the enemy, attack from the other side, because your potential victims will always face the places where the bullets come from... run and stab them in the back.

Good luck and happy slitting...
Ryan
+1,230|6813|Alberta, Canada

Cool, i was one of the most helpful. Thats a first in my life lol
Sambuccashake
+126|6581|Sweden
Mashtuur City is my favorite map and it has a few spots where the knife comes in handy.

* If the enemy is stuck at backyard (where the USMC tank spawns) go around it and sneak around the "garage". You'll find a few prone players in or around this area.

* The rooftop by the mosque is also a nice spot if your team mates are going for the flag.
There's a spawn point inside the building and most players tend to shoot out the window (stab 'em in the back) or prone on the rooftop lobbing grenades and whatnot. (Again, you're free to stab 'em in the back!)

* When going for the hotel, don't go for the flag with the rest of your team mates.
Go around the back and try to gain entrance to the building.
Repeat what I posted above about the mosque. And of course... Stab'em in the back!

* If your team is trying to take the hill, leave the flag for your team mates and go around the building.
There's a spawn point right by the opening in the fence. (about 3 meters from the flag)
Since your spawning enemy knows there are people on the flag he will face their direction 9 out of 10 times.
(You know what's coming... Stab 'em in the back!)

Try this approach for a few rounds and see how it feels. I'm sure you'll make your bagde before 20K.

Happy hunting and stab 'em in the back!
MECtallica
+73|6475|jalalabad
A good way to rack up knife kills is

when youre capping a flag and there are enmies nearby, throw a flashbang or smoke and then attack

Theyre always outside the flag area , really easy to flash them
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6464|N. Ireland
I used someone's technique of half-capping last night, basically it was on karkand, US had scored every flag except for the very back one (can't remember what it is called - it was on a 32 man server so it was the VERY back). I had been up around the Hotel and capped it half way, then went to the roof of the other building. Managed to get 2 knife kills, then all my teammates spawned and started killing them lol ^__^ It was 100-175 to them, and in the end they won 0-2 So annoyed.
whilsky
FUBAR
+129|6538|Bristol UK
Best advice i can give is spawn as a medic that way you have a chance of healing yourself if you take damage. big maps on Kark or Wake, never run at them always skirt around the edges, come in at an obscure angle or behind, only aim for snipers. With there limited view when scoped which they most probably will be they can react if you outside there field of view, naturally they wont know your there. This is what i tend to do, its frustrating but on the banks of kark and wake were the sniper typically tend to lay. They usually end up in a shielded positionwith a good view of what there aiming at with the said places on kark and wake, so approach from behind checking for clays and because there always on the edges of the maps usually you can get there with out a scratch. Only dive in if some ones been slotted and a medics running towards him. then as soon as he leaps leap on the both and stab like crazy (2 kills) then run like hell. its an oppurtunity thing really, no one sets out to go on a knifing rampage, keep your main weapon up and fight as usuall until the situation arises to press 1 for the knife and stab the target, but it takes time to get used to it, same as pistol you will die alot but then you get the hang of it and wonder what all the fuss was about

hope it helps keep trying

rgds whilsky
kiler100_uk
+2|6491|M'boro, England
its easy mate, try mashtur city, there is always loads of snipers or people lying prone, just go prone next to them and kill
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6464|N. Ireland
Will try and get it today. Today I'm trying to get over 7500 (or 8000 if I am lucky) global points so I can get promoted to Gunnery Sergeant.
S.MaDMaX
+0|6562|Israel
I got the expert knife badge in sharqi 64 with 42-46 player - many players and long enough round (was very easy to get).

Last edited by S.MaDMaX (2006-08-16 09:45:22)

Tushers
Noctwisaskfirtush
+224|6655|Some where huntin in Wisconsin
i got my basic and vet knife in one round its was a 16 man karkand server, on a 16 player map size...and i got the expert the next day it was a glitch...dude ask stryyker cyborg how pissed i was when i couldn't get that badge theyll tell ya
AAFCptKabbom
+127|6628|WPB, FL. USA
U r lucky - I had to earn all three of mine before the 1.3 patch.

Thoughts:
- 16 to 24 players with 300 tickets {you'll need long rounds - Warlord, Karkand, Sharqi, etc.}.
- Get in a Squad {go where the action is}.
- Tell your Commander and teammates that you are trying for a badge and they will usually help {i.e. they'll spot smurfs and Snipers for you, etc.}
- You will need a good Commander and always watch your HUD.
- Don't walk or run when you can get a ride.
- Think it through {which way are they facing, kill the guy getting revived first since the Medic doesn't have his gun out, get behind something or jump down from something, don't be lying down cause it takes too much time, what good are you dead - play the percentages and move on, etc.}.
- I think MEC has a longer knife and better accuracy, however, US blends in better as a sniper.
- It will take time, experience, and luck {DO NOT GO INTO A KNIFE/PISTOL ONLY SERVER}.

Happy knifing,
Kaboom
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6464|N. Ireland
Well, I've taken the advice of not trying to get it and if I see an enemy at close range, looking away and still - I'll knife 'em out. I managed to get 3 in a round today, so was quite happy.
pX|SithLord
+22|6696|Germany
you can try ghost town with all the snipers around, but avoid ladders by playing assault / at with the grappling hook.. i got my vet knife badge there, basic was on a karkand server
Timantha
Not useless, just use-impaired
+11|6530|Toledo, OH
Just got mine.  Thanks to some people here.  Found 20 people playing a 32 player kark.  Got most of them around the hotel.

That shiny diamond shall me mine!!
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6464|N. Ireland
Well I still need it, but I will keep trying.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard