Poll

What is the greatest Heavy Metal Band of all times?

Black Sabbath9%9% - 19
Ac/dc12%12% - 27
Megadeth1%1% - 4
Metallica25%25% - 53
Pantera5%5% - 12
Iron Maiden11%11% - 24
System of a Down6%6% - 14
Motley Crue1%1% - 4
Kiss3%3% - 7
Other21%21% - 45
Total: 209
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6746|Argentina
If you wish you can explain why and name your prefered songs from that band.
Emil
Teh strogg!
+205|6468|Trondheim, Norway
Maiden FTW!!!!
SysTray
"Generous mods" < Thats right Systray !
+180|6810|Delaware
Some of those bands are 'Hard Rock', not 'Heavy Metal'. Get your classifications right. The best band out of that list (they are all good, except System of a Down - they're newer and a little weird) has to be Metallica.
COBRA-KILLER
+1|6465|Israel
Maiden FTW x2 !!!
Jejjk
My "Page Up" has never been used.
+40|6596|Sweden
Iron Maiden!
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6683|Howell, Mi USA
U should of made it a multi select poll kuz alot of them are good on there. I picked Sabbath
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
Sub-Zero79
Man...I'm freezing!
+65|6613|Ghost Town
The Back Street Boy'Z!!
HellHead
The fantastic Mr. Antichrist
+336|6698|Germany
Iron Maiden, no doubt (even though they got a bit sold out during the last years, sinse "Brave new world")... but I really miss Slayer in the list ?

And yes, you should really have sorted the bands out a bit. Putting AC/DC and Megadeth in the same list, is like apples and peaches, both fruits, but taste pretty different.

Last edited by HellHead (2006-08-16 06:34:36)

BADHEAD
+6|6487|Oblivion
SLAYER
duh...
Stealth_Bain
+19|6486|England, United Kingdom
Metalli-fucking-ca,
Although their recent stuff isn't as good,  their best was black album and before!!!! IMO

Sabath have some real old classics, but are before me really!

Last edited by Stealth_Bain (2006-08-16 06:32:19)

broncobullfrog
Extra Tender Juicy SPINY
+58|6740|The 70's
Pfft, Led Zeppelin pwns all of them.
lord.knaslaban
+13|6555|Uppsala, Sweden
MmMmM
AC/DC

Last edited by lord.knaslaban (2006-08-16 06:33:22)

jsnipy
+3,276|6511|...

Judas Preist
Slayer
---hates you
+1,137|6745|Hell, p.o box 666

Voted Metallica! Fact, the new stuff is f*cked up shitty and not what this band stands for.

Shame you forgott the almighty SLAYER in your vote. Those guys are the only guys who never wrote albums for commercial success.

Pantera was awesome too (RIP Dimebag) but the above is way bigger and a greater inspiration to the metalsence. Metallica is the 1337 for technical and good metal (Puttets, justice for all album), Slayer is the über for fast and brutal metal (reign in blood album, seasons in the abyss).

Megadeth, well good technics on the guitars by both guitarists but this band is way to progressiv and not even hard enough compare to Metallica or even Slayer.

Maiden, hm, not shure about them. Cult yes, Metal? Not imho (sry bout that, cant stand the voice of Dickinson or Paul Dianno (sp))

AC/DC: Hard Rock not Metal

Sabbath: pf, way to old. A guitar newbie nowadays can play those licks within a day, although there are some cool riffs/songs.

Mötley Crüe: urgs, 80´s hairmetal, drugs, idiots. Tommy Lee is a good drummer though.

Kiss: inspiration for the blackmetal corpsepaints huh?! Dont feel anything on their music, never will.

System of a down: you call this metal, newmetal maybe, but not a icon at all. Way to strange structures and not really technical high standards.

well, the bands to vote are pretty hard to compare to each other.

Yeah, talking about Heavymetal in general, it is: Metallica, Slayer, Maiden and even Pantera.

my two cents
JahManRed
wank
+646|6617|IRELAND

Metallica.  And Justice for all alone gives it top spot. Master of Puppets is nearly as good. I seen Metallica do And Justice for all LIVE. To recreate 'Blackened' and 'and justice for all' live note perfect was amazing. All that flat out metal just hits a wall..................... then back in, off time, slipping into time again with a bar shift across 4 instruments is in the realms of a fuck off Jazz band. Seen them playing blues and country too. The play metal with a jazz time in the old days. Don't like anything much after the black album. Too many Cigars and too much coke these days. Lars Ulrich was who inspired me to take up the drums all them years ago.
DocZ
+13|6677|Belgium
well they're not actually metal, but they belong in this list, being the greatest rock band ever:

Tenacious D!!!!!!

top that
Cursed You
+64|6576|Idaho
Yeah I'd of said Led Zeppelin.

But since Sabbath is on there, I went with them.
_-_911_-_180891
+540|6491|Shanghai, ethnicity=German

COBRA-KILLER wrote:

Maiden FTW x2 !!!
Maiden FTW x3
Stealth_Bain
+19|6486|England, United Kingdom
All my metallica brothers +1
TheGiantSE
+14|6460|Sweden
Well this is a hard question....

But I have to say ENTOMBED!
There is no other band that are greater and that have changed the death metal sceen as much as they did with Left Hand Path and Clandestine!

Metallica were greate before the black album....AC/DC are great....Pantera, Dimebag is a big loss.

There are so many great Metal bands but there is only one that is greatest.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6746|Argentina

HellHead wrote:

Iron Maiden, no doubt (even though they got a bit sold out during the last years, sinse "Brave new world")... but I really miss Slayer in the list ?

And yes, you should really have sorted the bands out a bit. Putting AC/DC and Megadeth in the same list, is like apples and peaches, both fruits, but taste pretty different.
They all belong to the genre, althoguh they're very different.  But AC/DC is certainly a Heavy Metal band.  The genre is Rock, then you have subjective styles, but you can consider AC/DC either hard rock or heavy metal.  Remember, they started in the middles 70's.
http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=am … rj288c052a

Then, someone said I forgot Slayer, I apologize but can't put a list so big, then I included the option "other".
I apologize for all the great bands I did not included, but these are the bands I consider that cover the vote of most people.

Another dude said "Hey, Black Sabbath too old", don't forget they invented the heavy metal.  You may say so include Zeppelin and Deep Purple, well I consider Sabbath as the most representative of the genre at the begining of Metal bands.

System of a Down is newer and odd, but still Hevay Metal.

My choice would be all of them, but if I have to choose only one it would be Pantera.  The first two albums are pure and abosuletely perfect metal.
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6662|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
Them lil shits that sang mmmm bob, outta there garage. Only kidding.  Faith No More - Guns and Roses and if you want to tell me that isn't allowed. W.A.S.P

Last edited by 1927 (2006-08-16 08:11:02)

sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6746|Argentina

Cbass wrote:

U should of made it a multi select poll kuz alot of them are good on there. I picked Sabbath
I did it this way so you have to choose one, there is always one band that you like the most.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6746|Argentina

SysTray wrote:

Some of those bands are 'Hard Rock', not 'Heavy Metal'. Get your classifications right. The best band out of that list (they are all good, except System of a Down - they're newer and a little weird) has to be Metallica.
They're all heavy Metal bands, with huge differences but perhaps you may get your classifications right.
http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=77:655
5peedy
+27|6588|the Faroe Islands
METALLICA!!!! reload, black album and ride the lightning are the best, but all are awesome

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard